Let mission log hold more missions than just 25.

ethanredmace

why would you need 10,000 quests? I could possibly see an increase to 30, but in truth I've never needed more then 25. Complete them, instead of holding onto them in your quest log.

I need 10,000 quests so I can hold and finish all the quests in the game. I understand what you're saying though. Ty for feedback.

I need 10,000 quests so I can hold and finish all the quests in the game. I understand what you're saying though. Ty for feedback.

You can do all of the quests in the game currently. Why would you want to hold onto uncompleted quests, unless your trying to take advantage and make it so you hit level 80 as soon as the expansion comes out? For the record when an Expansion launches all quests are reset anyway. And you could only hold up to 3 completed quests in your Pending missions anyway.

Edited by Toraak

It would be an easy change, just change the output from 25 on the lines of code to 10,000 or even 100,000! I would want to hold onto uncompleted quests so I would remember to do them. The amount for pending can stay the same or change with the quest output. It's okay if you disagree. I know I could do all quests already, but I've found it annoying how I just want to get all the quests on a planet and it turns out to be more than my log can hold. It would help me reach level 80 though. Edited by ethanredmace

Well, the increase would be good, but only to 100 for let's say if someone is on a side-mission or Heroic run through all planets.

I appreciate your thoughts. 10,000 is ideal for me personally even though I admit it's ridiculous, but I wouldn't mind having 100 quest max hold either.

Edited by ethanredmace

I appreciate your thoughts. 10,000 is ideal for me personally, but I wouldn't mind having 100 quest max hold either.

This gets asked quite a lot, I'm not sure, but I think they said once that they can't increase it, something to do with the programming, or database, or something else, can't really remember...lol. Although they've improved it recently, I don't know if they've ever sorted that limitation out.

I'd love to have more room for quests, especially on 75's, when you've got so many missions, and you don't always get some finished.

This gets asked quite a lot, I'm not sure, but I think they said once that they can't increase it, something to do with the programming, or database, or something else, can't really remember...lol. Although they've improved it recently, I don't know if they've ever sorted that limitation out.

I'd love to have more room for quests, especially on 75's, when you've got so many missions, and you don't always get some finished.

If they can do it, it'd be really cool! True about 75s lol.

Edited by ethanredmace

I mean, it's not like you can't just pick up the quest before you actually do it. 🤔

If someone is trying to run 10 missions for Iokath in a single session in order to complete the weekly, they are forced to pick them up over a period of time since there are never 10 available at once. Furthermore, to be as efficient as possible, or simply due to enjoying certain missions over others, they may choose to run only certain missions, which again means keeping them in their log until all 10 become available to them.

Players may also have incomplete weekly heroic quests for various planets floating around in their logs because they are once again trying to be as efficient as possible and play only those heroics when they gain either conquest points for them or GS credit for them, which can lead to multiple incomplete missions remaining for periods of time.

It would be an easy change, just change the output from 25 on the lines of code to 10,000 or even 100,000!

I'm glad to see that you have completed a thorough analysis of the impact of changing these limits, and can assure the studio that there will be no storage problems or anything like that.

I'm also slightly worried that you have access to the current source code so that you can do such an analysis.

And no, it wouldn't necessarily be an easy change. What if they built the mission-log storage as a database table with twenty-five columns for which missions are open? It would qualify as a catastrophically stupid way to build it, but in my thirty-plus years as a developer, I've seen far stupider things. It would also make increasing the mission log essentially nearly impossible (beyond going to e.g. thirty or so).

I wouldn't mind 50 or 75 but 10,000 is way too much. I do not see the reason for having that many. You can pick them up when you are ready to do them and some missions will not be available until (1) you are the level they require or (2) You completed the mission prior to that mission.

I wouldn't mind 50 or 75 but 10,000 is way too much. I do not see the reason for having that many. You can pick them up when you are ready to do them and some missions will not be available until (1) you are the level they require or (2) You completed the mission prior to that mission.

I understand. I just want to be a completionist and find a way to hold all missions I want to do, but I can make due with 50 or 75 and just get quests when I need them. Thank you for your feedback though. The main reason I want 10,000 like I said before, even though it's an outrageous number, is so I can remember which quests I have and also be able to not worry about having more missions than can fit in my mission log. Thanks for the response!

Edited by ethanredmace

I'm glad to see that you have completed a thorough analysis of the impact of changing these limits, and can assure the studio that there will be no storage problems or anything like that.

I'm also slightly worried that you have access to the current source code so that you can do such an analysis.

And no, it wouldn't necessarily be an easy change. What if they built the mission-log storage as a database table with twenty-five columns for which missions are open? It would qualify as a catastrophically stupid way to build it, but in my thirty-plus years as a developer, I've seen far stupider things. It would also make increasing the mission log essentially nearly impossible (beyond going to e.g. thirty or so).

No. I'm just a coding noob who wants to learn how to code. I don't have access to the current source code. It is just an educated guess. If it's built up like that, it probably wouldn't be an easy change. There may be storage and other problems, but if it can be done without this, that would be appreciated. I'm okay with 25 if it can't be increased beyond it through coding and anything that can be done! I appreciate your feedback.

• 1 month later...