The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PSA: Don't be critical of the devs

RJWidowMaker

If you do decide to question them or in general post any criticism you will only find the handful of dedicated defenders dismissing any concern you have.

You won't be heard and you will have your opinion vilified by said defenders. Morale of the story? Your feedback doesn't matter and the defenders on this forum will be sure to make sure you don't hurt their friend's, BW and EA, feelings.

How about you criticize the game and not the devs?

A better analogy (that doesn't answer the question) is, you go to a chain restaurant. Your "Soup" has hair in it. You point this out to the waiter who shrugs and walks away. The manager does the same.

Now, you obviously won't go back to THAT restaurant, but you will probably still eat at the chain, just at different franchises.

Change, simply for change sake often has deleterious, if not disastrous consequences. (See WoW post WoD). Similarly, developers who don't listen to the PTR, even perhaps some reputable streamers, can devastate the franchise. (See WoW Shadowlands)

Do you pay for this product? Then yes, you have the right to complain and or criticize.

Honestly, it is because of posts like this, and the mentality of people like the OP, that I have pulled back from participating on these forums. The sweeping generalizations, bandwagoning, red herrings, and No True Scotsman have, by and large, come from those who share the OP's views. There is no point in trying to have a conversation with people who take the stance that if you disagree then you are either a filthy casual who does not know what they are talking about, someone who is obviously new and just does not know the history, a shill, a white knight, or one of the incompetent devs hiding behind a forum account. When your only retort to those who disagree with you is to attack them then you have no argument.

Honestly, it is because of posts like this, and the mentality of people like the OP, that I have pulled back from participating on these forums. The sweeping generalizations, bandwagoning, red herrings, and No True Scotsman have, by and large, come from those who share the OP's views. There is no point in trying to have a conversation with people who take the stance that if you disagree then you are either a filthy casual who does not know what they are talking about, someone who is obviously new and just does not know the history, a shill, a white knight, or one of the incompetent devs hiding behind a forum account. When your only retort to those who disagree with you is to attack them then you have no argument.

I don't expect much from a video game forum. Then again, it is kind of odd that most of my discord memberships are far more civilized than the forums. :D

I could go into a whole spiel about why, but then I'd probably violate this rule:

Do not post about locked or deleted threads or other moderation actions.

So if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. Right?

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I don't expect much from a video game forum. Then again, it is kind of odd that most of my discord memberships are far more civilized than the forums. :D

I could go into a whole spiel about why, but then I'd probably violate this rule:

So if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. Right?

You know you have entered the Twilight Zone when you get more nuanced discussion on Reddit. And yes, the discussions in the various Discords I am in have been far more civilized than what we have seen here.

Edited by ceryxp