The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Combat Weapons

DocBlanchard

I've been searching but haven't found a clear answer and players in game tell me read the forums.

When it comes to combat, what type of weapons will we have access to?

I know that Tech will be Tech and Force will be Force, but will we be seeing a Jedi Guardian with a dual-blade or an Agent with a pistol?

Constructive answers only please.

Thank

Advanced Classes become Combat Styles and come as the whole package.

I can see Sage and Sorc using the dual saber as a stat stick, and snipers being viable when using an assault rifle, but otherwise the classes have all their animations based on their weapons. You can be the Hero of Tython who is a stealther with a double saber, but you'll lose all your Guardian abilities and get Shadow abilities instead.

An Agent with pistol is possible by using the Scoundrel or Powertech style, but will also use the rest of their arsenal, no more knife but flamethrower, railguns and rockets or fists and shotgun instead.

Edited by Mubrak

but will we be seeing a Jedi Guardian with a dual-blade or an Agent with a pistol?

with what has been described by the dev team, no you will not see either of these.

The Combat styles will be retaining the same weapons as they currently have today as advanced classes.

To add the option of other weapons would require new animations for abilities and there is no indication that new animations is something being considered.

The situation has been stated pretty clearly many times now both officially and via media and content creators across the Web and here on the forums.

Put another way:

Post 7.0 the weapon(s) you choose ties you to the animations and associated abilities for the faction/advanced class combo that wields it under 6.x (the game we're currently playing in Live).

You choose whichever storyline you want to follow at creation, this only ties you to a faction and the titles it accrues by your progression.

Next you will have a choice of:

EITHER:

1 weapon+abilities package or "Combat Style" if none of the toons in your Legacy have completed Chapter 3 of their respective stories.

OR:

2 styles if you've completed Chapter 3 on at least one other storyline. So techs choose from 8 styles (faction irrelevant) and Force-wielders from their faction's 4 options.

If you want a Force power set from the opposing faction then you will only have access to those if you have achieved level V in that faction's alignment with any of your Legacy's toons.

You CANNOT choose a (mainhand) weapon-type independent of associated abilities (animations) so no autocannons and calling down a fly-by or combat-rolling into cover; if you tool up with an autocannon then you will have to use "commando" abilities.

• 2 weeks later...