The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Seasons...is just "okay".

Taliseian

Allow me to explain and remember that this is my personal opinion. I post it here to encourage discussion and hope the Devs will read.

I enjoy SWTOR - I beta tested it and have had an active sub most of the time.

When Conquests started, I found that all I needed to do was to play the game the way I personally like to play -- Missions, PvE, Heroics, Flashpoints -- and in an hour or two I'd pretty much be able to complete the Conquest. I was advancing my characters in the Story and even switching from character to character, playing alt that I had forgotten about in order to earn my Conquest rewards.

Now, when I first looked at GS I thought, "If they keep it like Conquests, this would work".

Instead, in order to advance I've found I've had to play game modes that personally I don't enjoy -- Warzones and GSF.

Please don't get me wrong, if you enjoy PvP modes, then by all means continue to do so -- more power (and rewards) to you!

Even being able to reroll Daily/Weekly haven't kept me out of doing things I don't enjoy -- and if I have any hope of getting deep into the GS Rewards Chart, I have no choice since I need the points to get the levels to get the rewards.

No one should feel that they have to play a game in a manner they do not enjoy in order to advance -- ever.

Now, I can understand that they want to encourage more people to play more game modes, but it should never feel like you need to in order to earn more rewards.

Hopefully with the proposed changes to Season 2 (more emphasis on Weekly - and only need to complete 7 of 10 to max out the rewards for that week) will help, but my guess is that I will still need to play SWTOR in a way I don't enjoy if I have any hope in earing enough GS points to make it worth the effort.

All I ask is that the devs think of either balancing out the emphasis between PvP and PvE or find ways that if people don't want to PvP (or don't want to PvE) that they can still achieve the max reward through their own efforts.

Thanks for reading and please keep the discussion (if any) civil.

Taliseian

So far I have reached Level 40 just doing pvp and game updates story content - skipping the Kubaz companion portion alongside outright trashing the comp token.

I like that the Seasons event offers previously released subscriber-only gear for those who missed out alongside providing free cartel coins.

Since I maintain legacies on both Star Forge and Satele Shan I have received like 2800cc so far.

Edited by jimmorrisson

its one out of ~hundreds of supplementary activities that you are able to do if you want and it has some basic rewards for doing whats essentially just normal mmo/gaming activities, it being just "okay" is pretty already since its not a massive core feature or required much resources to implement

I agree with the OP it is just "okay" not only for the activities but also the Sub Rewards. They're just not 'cool' enough. Now for a F2P they're awesome but as a Sub, I hoped for more than another bot comp, and mediocre cosmetic gear. I was glad to get Master Ranos for the novelty of a Chiss Jedi (would have liked to get her entire backstory) but all in all, I hope season 2 does a lot better on Sub Rewards and stops pushing Starfighter, and PVP. With a disability I can't handle them.

Hi

Even being able to reroll Daily/Weekly haven't kept me out of doing things I don't enjoy -- and if I have any hope of getting deep into the GS Rewards Chart, I have no choice since I need the points to get the levels to get the rewards.

I am not sure what you are all about. There are 4 missions in total, 2 weeklies and 2 dailies with pvp/gsf, out of 20, and they only circle in once every 20% of the time. That leaves you with 80% pve content. And, quite frankly, over the full season, you only need to get 30% of ALL points available to finish. So, give or take, you have to play 0 pvp/gsf quests and you can EASILY get to the goal line with 50% of the rest. So NO just NO.

And this is even without touching the statement about you "needing" anything... it is a computergame. What you Need is food, sleep, hygiene and a dry house and good health.

Good day to you

Edited by MortenJessen

...okay. It's literally just repackaging old content to entice players to log in everyday. "...ok" about sums up the playerbase opinion. Now, that said,

Instead, in order to advance I've found I've had to play game modes that personally I don't enjoy -- Warzones and GSF.

The devs must be able to fill swimming pools full of the tears of pve players annoyed that they have to play pvp. I notice there are no tears from pvpers that they have to play Ops or FPs in order to advance. Which is surprising, since they cry about everything else.

Edited by Ardrossan

Galactic Seasons really feels like a 'keeping up with the jones's' type thing.....so many games have incentives, log in calendars etc, that it feels like something they had to do as a table stakes measure.

That said, my opinion:

- Do I enjoy it? No

- Is it entertaining in itself or does it renew my interest in old content? Not in the slightest

- Is it worth it? Heck yes.....if you complete it on all servers they're basically giving you the equivalent of $150 US worth of cartel coins.