Do we really need more combat styles after 7.0?

Zorii_Bliss

Luke/Kyle Katarn style - Lightsaber + Blasters, Simplest way to do this would be single bladed saber primary, blaster pistol offhand. Could even be a hybrid melee/ranged class, with 3 specs, 1 that's more melee focused, one that's balanced and requires a lot of movement, one that's more ranged focused but still has access to stuff like say, force leap.

For this one, I would wonder if the idea is to have the blaster drawn all the time, or attacks that would pull it out when used.

This is the combat style I would love to see, but I'd want it to still have a few force moves in it. A nice force push. Force stun. With the lightsaber and blaster making up a good mix of attacks.

Or one spec could even be, lots of lightsaber and whip out the pistol in one of the attack rotation.

For this one, I would wonder if the idea is to have the blaster drawn all the time, or attacks that would pull it out when used.

This is the combat style I would love to see, but I'd want it to still have a few force moves in it. A nice force push. Force stun. With the lightsaber and blaster making up a good mix of attacks.

Or one spec could even be, lots of lightsaber and whip out the pistol in one of the attack rotation.

I'm guessing the blaster would be in the player's off-hand the entire time as that's what would be easiest to do/animate, especially if it's an off-hand weapon that uses the existing blaster models in the game because that's how all the current animation sets work in the game, ie Sentinel/Marauder & Gunslinger/Mercenary.

In game-mechanical terms, a tech-user blade style would use a "Techblade" (as used by e.g. Tanno Vik) because SWTOR Vibroswords are Force weapons, but yes, a tech-user blade style would be interesting.

Since when were vibroblades force weapons? KoToR described them as vibrating at such rates that a non force wielder would be able to use it against a lightsaber for a short time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.