Report AFK function

Grilltusk

Please implement this asap.

Players in warzones doing nothing sitting in stealth, hiding behind nodes etc not participating yet at the same time mocking others in chat.

We *need* the report afk function imo, its getting annoying to not be able to remove such players.

Report AFK function will still be a huge step in the right direction. It will weed out a small amount to a majority of AFKers. Something is something. It will also force AFKers to use outside software which will violate ToA and make it bannable

Players in warzones doing nothing sitting in stealth, hiding behind nodes etc not participating yet at the same time mocking others in chat.

We *need* the report afk function imo, its getting annoying to not be able to remove such players.

How many times am I going to have to tell people this:

/afk <player name>

This makes them AFK but if they move it immediately goes away. I wish they would make this a sticky or something.

-Ender

P.S. and if they are mocking you in chat they are not AFK, they just don't give a F***.

Edited by Enderf

It did eventually work better in wow. if one person was reported by 3 different players, they got removed with the deserter debuff.

Something along those lines is just whtas needed.

Yeah it worked, but I know of guilds and groups that would report people that werent as good as them as afk and would get them kicked from matches even when they where participating.

What the game needs is to detect combat, there is no reason while you are in a warzone that you shouldn't be fighting or hit, or healing at least every minute at minimum. Obviously that isn't the answer bye itself but its a start.

I remember I found a spot in that WoW Battlegorund with the farms and the sawmill , there was a spot off to the back right of the map where you could jump off the world and land on an invisible ledge and sit there all day afk if you wanted noone would find you.

AFKers will always find new places to hide to not be reported.

How many times am I going to have to tell people this:

/afk <player name>

This makes them AFK but if they move it immediately goes away. I wish they would make this a sticky or something.

-Ender

P.S. and if they are mocking you in chat they are not AFK, they just don't give a F***.

Stop trolling dude.

Yeah it worked, but I know of guilds and groups that would report people that werent as good as them as afk and would get them kicked from matches even when they where participating.

What the game needs is to detect combat, there is no reason while you are in a warzone that you shouldn't be fighting or hit, or healing at least every minute at minimum. Obviously that isn't the answer bye itself but its a start.

I remember I found a spot in that WoW Battlegorund with the farms and the sawmill , there was a spot off to the back right of the map where you could jump off the world and land on an invisible ledge and sit there all day afk if you wanted noone would find you.

then you don't know how to play the warzones.

you must defend nodes too you know

Um no. The report AFK feature in WoW would put a debuff on you that would kick you out after X amount of time of not being in combat. All you had to do was attack someone or heal someone who is combat and you wouldn't get kicked out. So no guilds were conspiring to kick you unless you were actually AFK.

Finding a spot on the map where nobody can see you doesn't really do anything. I can look at the map and see that there are only 9 players at objectives or look at the score board (in WoW) and see that you have 0 damage, healing, kills, etc and vote AFK you. Not a big deal.

Edited by Hypernetic

Stop trolling dude.

The AFK feature is already in the game I don't know why people don't know this seriously:

/afk <player name>

It puts a debuff on them, but if they do anything it breaks it. Only works if they are really afk.

-Ender

You can report the player for "Inappropriate Player Behavior"

Report AFK function will still be a huge step in the right direction. It will weed out a small amount to a majority of AFKers. Something is something. It will also force AFKers to use outside software which will violate ToA and make it bannable

Afk is a good function but doesn't catch everyone.

What is a good function, is players policing each other.

If i see someone like the OP mentions, which i have seen. They run behind the giant turret and just stand afk. Then when called out will start bashing the people who called em on it.

Policing one another is a far better solution. swtor does not allow server transfers.

So if that guy gets his char to lvl 50 and he decides to be a non supportive member of his community others will notice and not want to group with him. Someone can very well screw themselves over with no server transfers. You ruin your reputation you ruin your game time on that char that you put so much work in.

I myself have already seen a few i will be remembering or /ignoring to never group with because if they wont do their best in a warzone why would they do their best in a ops or fp group?

This is a bad idea to many times have I and others popped into a wz with 1-30 seconds to spare just to have it end and get free rewards for doing nothing. You still joined when you got the queue you should get those gains. Penalizing bad timing is a poor idea.

Afk is a good function but doesn't catch everyone.

What is a good function, is players policing each other.

If i see someone like the OP mentions, which i have seen. They run behind the giant turret and just stand afk. Then when called out will start bashing the people who called em on it.

Policing one another is a far better solution. swtor does not allow server transfers.

So if that guy gets his char to lvl 50 and he decides to be a non supportive member of his community others will notice and not want to group with him. Someone can very well screw themselves over with no server transfers. You ruin your reputation you ruin your game time on that char that you put so much work in.

I myself have already seen a few i will be remembering or /ignoring to never group with because if they wont do their best in a warzone why would they do their best in a ops or fp group?

If by "giant turret" you mean the big console/node that controls the turret, it is a valid strategy to stand out of LOS behind that console to prevent head on attacks from a distance, while guarding the area.

Now if he still stood there when the node is being attacked, then yeah... bash away.

Edited by Lazorous

If by "giant turret" you mean the big console/node that controls the turret, it is a valid strategy to stand out of LOS behind that console to prevent head on attacks from a distance, while guarding the area.

Now if he still stood there when the node is being attacked, then yeah... bash away.

No i literally meant behind the turret, on the opposite side of the console. Obviously you have never tried but you are able to go behind the east and west turrets in the wz and no one goes there except afks because the enemy doesn't look there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.