Quick Travel Map (Cartel? Legacy?)

Sudra

This is a good idea. Especially if a legacy is legendary (meaning there are characters for each of the 8 stories that have finished the class story chapters), it makes sense to be able to purchase.

As for the other person who responded, I believe them to be unserious and have chosen to not see their posts (for their other posts previously and elsewhere.)

It's something I've wanted for a while. It would definitely help for those that just want to play through the story.

That being said there are locations/planets that could deal with or benefit from having more fast travel locations like Corellia. That's a planet where having all the fast travel locations isn't really a big help because there's only like 1 for each area of the map.

You can get the whole story on Youtube without the hassle of gameplay getting in the way.

You can't make the choices you want to make or see them play out via a YouTube video so that's generally not a preferable way to experience the story for people. If anything it's frustrating to a number of viewers because they're watching the person chose things they wouldn't choose.

If this were a linear game with no player choice or customization you'd have more of a point but as it currently stands I don't know of any efficient way for someone to experience the whole story with every possible variation and outcome via YouTube.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

You can't make the choices you want to make or see them play out via a YouTube video so that's generally not a preferable way to experience the story for people. If anything it's frustrating to a number of viewers because they're watching the person chose things they wouldn't choose.

If this were a linear game with no player choice or customization you'd have more of a point but as it currently stands I don't know of any efficient way for someone to experience the whole story with every possible variation and outcome via YouTube.

You're talking about someone who finds a speeder ride between quests a hassle.

You're talking about someone who finds a speeder ride between quests a hassle.

It can be a hassle due to poor map layouts in both the geometry and/or UI.

On Corellia there are multiple pathways that are blocked by blast doors but the map gives no indication of that and just shows a straight line through the area. What this results in is you have to go all the way back around large parts of the map in order to get to where you're going spending 10 to 15 minutes doing nothing but traveling on your speeder.

It be one thing if all the planets were the size of the starter planets or you had flying mounts but that isn't the case. A number of the later planets like Hoth, Belsavis, and Corellia can be terrible experiences to navigate through with just massive stretches of nothing to do between Point A and Point B except be on your speeder.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

It can be a hassle due to poor map layouts in both the geometry and/or UI.

On Corellia there are multiple pathways that are blocked by blast doors but the map gives no indication of that and just shows a straight line through the area. What this results in is you have to go all the way back around large parts of the map in order to get to where you're going spending 10 to 15 minutes doing nothing but traveling on your speeder.

It be one thing if all the planets were the size of the starter planets or you had flying mounts but that isn't the case. A number of the later planets like Hoth, Belsavis, and Corellia can be terrible experiences to navigate through with just massive stretches of nothing to do between Point A and Point B except be on your speeder.

And now you're just arguing for the sake of it.

Again, this is a trivial matter.

Edited by Templock

And now you're just arguing for the sake of it.

No, I'm not.

You said someone can get the whole story experience on YouTube. I then explained how and why that wasn't a viable option. You ignored that then jumped to the speeder being a hassle. I explained exactly how and why that can be a hassle. You ignored that and now you're claiming that I'm arguing for the sake of arguing just because you don't want to acknowledge that I'm right about those things.

Again, this is a trivial matter.

The same can be said about many other topics or you yourself.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Sorry but almost every QOL unlock can be hammered down into trivial territory,. That doesn't make it any less useful.

From my experience this person is not reasonable and therefore cannot be reasoned with. Interact with them at your own peril ;)

On topic now...

I think it would be useful especially when you have a lot of alts. This game has a very narrow content spread and so it relies a lot on repetition. Repetition gets boring, really boring after a while and convenience is the solution to that. I'd unlock that with a legacy perk.

Agreed, and the availability after Legendary status makes sense. There is a lot to enjoy about seeing the game, but that far into the game, expediency is also important, and there is so much distance to traverse.

That being said there are locations/planets that could deal with or benefit from having more fast travel locations like Corellia. That's a planet where having all the fast travel locations isn't really a big help because there's only like 1 for each area of the map.

Or a quick travel point on Ziost that is actually... on Ziost.