The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

did Combat Proficiencies disappear altogether on PTS?

Carba

My suspicion is that they'll pick the Combat Proficiencies for each Discipline and assign them as passives (as part of the Combat Style) and remove that menu item. May be one set for PvE and another for PvP, but pre-selected by the game and unchangeable.

My suspicion is that they'll pick the Combat Proficiencies for each Discipline and assign them as passives (as part of the Combat Style) and remove that menu item. May be one set for PvE and another for PvP, but pre-selected by the game and unchangeable.

My impression as well. Utility picking is going away, some abilities for some specs seem to have them built into some of the abilities (like Enure having the cleanse built in). But we'll still have choices! For choices we'll have a menu where we pick which of the baseline abilities we've had for years that we don't want to use anymore.

the combat proficiency screen is locked out for at least two reasons that I know of:

1. the UI is as of yet unfinished for it

2. they want us testing pre-set cookie cutter builds at this time, so they have disabled that screen to prevent people from altering the build preset.