Sorry. Combat / Carnage: Abhorrent.

My man, you're responding to a thread from over a year ago. Carnage is fine now. The spec had a serious damage upgrade and now has a built in cc immunity like Fury. It still loses out a bit in PvP imo, since Fury has the extra leap in Obliterate, but it's fine. In PvE it brings more damage, and less chance of killing yourself in mechanics with Obliterate. It's fine.

How is the tactical useless? It literally brought the class from doing low tier damage to our damaging Fury. In operations give me a Carnage Marauder over Fury every day, easily. It's only in pvp where Fury outshines it. 

As far as the tactical's, Shard of Mortis is nothing more than a weaker version of FGF that changed the focus of Carnage Marauder from a class with dynamics, mobility and high damage output, into a stationay twin saber turret that is designed to be easy to "stand still and play."

Andeddu’s Malevolence, the AOE tactical, uses Gore to apply a DoT called Bloody Focus that takes 12 seconds to do any damage "IF" it hits at least 3 targets and that is a big "IF.

Edited by Lord_Malganus
spelling

Andeddu's should have never been changed, carnage used to have a dot on ravage and it was moved to fury because it made no sense on carnage, now we're in the same spot yet again with this tactical, it makes no sense.

Shards of Mortis is not a weaker version of fanged god form, FGF dumbed down carnage even further, and good riddance.
Why is shard of mortis, not a weaker version? Because its critical actually does roll to the next ability and allows you to hit 100% crit rate on massacre and 100% crit rate on your choice of ability. It adds some diversity to the boring massacre spam but I don't think shards of mortis is healthy design-wise. Just slapping 100% crit rate on things because they're not doing so hot is a bandaid solution at best. It's far too reliant on the specific tactical. 

And in PvP it's definitely a bit easier to shut down due to being so reliant on white damage with 4-meter range but it's single-target sustain is unmatched. Here's just an example. The same thing shutting down carnage so hard also shut downs the other two specs competitively speaking so it's not like it's a specific weakness to just carnage. 

19 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

As far as the tactical's, Shard of Mortis is nothing more than a weaker version of FGF that changed the focus of Carnage Marauder from a class with dynamics, mobility and high damage output, into a stationay twin saber turret that is designed to be easy to "stand still and play."

Andeddu’s Malevolence, the AOE tactical, uses Gore to apply a DoT called Bloody Focus that takes 12 seconds to do any damage "IF" it hits at least 3 targets and that is a big "IF.

Absolutely nothing about Shard of Mortis (or Fanged God Form for that matter) makes you more stationary compared to without it. So not sure where the" stand still" part is coming from. Besides you get CC immunity and (if you pick it) a permanent as long as you're hitting things 25% movespeed. Far from stationary. 

And unlike Fanged God form, the class isn't just Massacre spam now, because you actually have to manage Rage now, because Massacre gets more expensive not less (but the upsides are of course much bigger, and give you a ton of extra crit on an ability of your choice).

I will agree the class gets a quite large (too large) chunk of its damage from Massacre. But it is in quite a good place right now. Very strong single target sustained and burst, rotational CC immunity and all the defensive and utility goodness of being a Marauder. 

Oh and as for legendary items. Did you miss the autocrit on Vicious Throw? Since we don't use Vicious Slash, it's guaranteed to go on throw. Add the extra crit from SoM and you've got a massive autocrit from Throw (single highest damage you'll ever hit with one ability on Carnage). What a 'useless' tactical that is. Oh and as a bonus, it smooths out your rage spending a lot. 

Edited by AdjeYo

• 3 months later...

First, my opinion as a newcomer holds little weight, but im glad someone else gave a example of both Game and RL martial art comparison. One of the things video games provide for me is the chance to connect to a character unreachable in RL. For example I rarely will play as human, I can be human everyday. 

So, having trained in martial arts I can still say, I have absolutely no chance in moving like the examples, and I still remember watching Yoda fight that first time at the midnight release with a sense of "Now that is how a Jedi fight should look." Even in game the Consular class story facing one of the early bosses, their animations where on point with the idea of a force user in combat. During that encounter boss using flashy animations and I my characters movements are predominantly comparable to a janitor sweeping the floor. I guess it would be significant impact on resources to have all the characters on a server doing Yoda level wall vaulting into a lightsaber flip style attacks. The OP is right about the overall sentiment combined with its representation of StarWars that is within reach but not being met.