7.0 Advanced Classes and Existing Character in a Legacy.

Amunra-amunray

It has come to my understanding that a person will have to choose a new toon alternative to be able to take advantage of the new ability matrices that will come available in 7.0. As a person with 24 toons having to add to that or delete a toon to start a new a fresh one is cumbersome. Some might want to choose to have an existing character be able to experience these new opportunities. Maybe a nice concept would be to have an unlock sold on the Cartel Market that would allow a one time, one character change of advance class to be able to utilize these new advance class proficiencies that will come available....

Consider a token that would cost 500 or 1000 cartel coins that unlocks a person's advanced class to choose a new one or some other way in the game to be able to do such a thing. Instead of having to start a character all the way form the beginning.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WITH GREAT FERVER....

It has come to my understanding that a person will have to choose a new toon alternative to be able to take advantage of the new ability matrices that will come available in 7.0.

That is not how I understand it. During the livestream they made the point that together with the new combat styles they will add loadouts to the game, which will enable us to change the combat spec and gear of a character with the press of a button.

From the announcement article:

More Choices in How You Play

Introducing Combat Styles! Players can now separate their Class Story from gameplay style for an even greater customization experience. This frees up Advanced Class options as characters can choose any Advanced Class within the Tech or Force playstyle! Play as a Trooper wielding a Sniper Rifle, or a Sith Inquisitor with a lightsaber in each hand, or even secretly use Dark Side powers while posing as a member of the Jedi Order. Loadouts will increase your ability to customize, allowing you to swap between playstyles and gear with a click.

https://www.swtor.com/legacyofthesith

Edited by Phazonfreak

• 4 weeks later...
It has come to my understanding that a person will have to choose a new toon alternative to be able to take advantage of the new ability matrices that will come available in 7.0. As a person with 24 toons having to add to that or delete a toon to start a new a fresh one is cumbersome. Some might want to choose to have an existing character be able to experience these new opportunities.

Hold on... are you saying that my characters that I've had for almost a decade won't be able to change these classes???

Hold on... are you saying that my characters that I've had for almost a decade won't be able to change these classes???

That does not sound right. I am guessing there is some serious false information here. No SHOT they would just dismiss every player's last 10 years of characters lol.

That does not sound right. I am guessing there is some serious false information here. No SHOT they would just dismiss every player's last 10 years of characters lol.

It doesn't make much sense to me, either... but I'm not about to waste Nightlife companions on some of my characters if I'm going to end up having to delete them, ya know? By all accounts, I agree with you. I'm just hoping for confirmation of some sort. This is the second time I've heard someone say this, so that's why I want to make certain is misinformation.

It doesn't make much sense to me, either... but I'm not about to waste Nightlife companions on some of my characters if I'm going to end up having to delete them, ya know? By all accounts, I agree with you. I'm just hoping for confirmation of some sort. This is the second time I've heard someone say this, so that's why I want to make certain is misinformation.

Until they release more info regarding 7.0, the forums are just rampant speculation at this point.

The idea that this is true is frankly absurd.

It doesn't even make sense. Does anyone honestly think they'll maintain 2 separate sets of classes/abilities? (pre and post 7.0 characters) A major point of the new combat styles is to cut down on ability bloat, not increase it.

There is absolutely no reason to think this is anything other than trolling at this point.

I don't think it's trolling. This isn't the first time I've heard it. Something in that livestream must've gotten misconstrued, though I don't know how. One of my close friends believes this, as well. I don't know why. It isn't logical. So I agree with you on that.