Making the empire feel like the empire again

HaoZhao

In the original class stories, if you are a Sith talking to imperials, the reaction is almost universal respect/deference. Imperials know that the lowest Sith is higher in the food chain than they could ever be, so they straighten their backs and let out a nervous "my lord." It's a really nice touch that adds flavour and immersion to conversations.

Over the years, this has completely stopped in the story. Imperials talk to your Sith lord like he's just another guy. Look at Major Anri from the last expansion. She's so casual, even if your character is a technically a Sith Lord. It's a breach of protocol and in the empire it's supposed to be a very deadly breach of protocol at that. Remember the imperial Quesh storyline? It featured a really mouthy imperial who doesn't respect you and you have the option to kill him just for that and no one questions it.

I hope the developers put in the little bit of extra effort to restore the flavour of the hierarchy to the imperial side of the new expansion.

Edited by HaoZhao

Something definitely feels off lately when playing my imperial loyalist characters. I know that the Empire is supposed to be reformed now and not the same Empire as before, yadda, yadda, but I also found Anri's blatant disrespect pretty grating on my Sith characters. Even if we are not part of the Empire at that time, we are still powerful Sith and leaders of an allied power. What is worse is that she obviously is capable of showing respect and deference as seen when she meets Malgus (the guy we kicked down a reactor shaft after he betrayed the Empire ...) it just doesn't extend to us.

Even if it's a good thing that the Empire is trying to adapt to the resource crisis by being more pragmatic, the Sith still need to act like Sith and be on top of the hierarchy of the SITH Empire. Allowing disrespect by their subordinates is just not their way and pretty immersion-breaking imo.

I have to agree. Even back in the day, in the Makeb story-line (imperial) you are given story-line options to demand respect (even the BH and IA are given the same options, but I digress). It is Yes, my lord, No my lord.

It might be projected as a Twillik thing, though. Anri has a mouth on her similar to Vette.