Healing Rewards in WZ's

apacheFX

Why do Healers get the shaft in WZ's as far as medals' are concerned. Me and my guild mates run groups they all receive 6-9 medals a match. I put out healing equal to or more than there DMG and I'm always earning 3-4 medals. If it wasn't for the MVP votes I wouldn't hardly anything a match.

They get medal's for KB's, staying alive, dmg through put, dmg absorbed and many more.

AFAIK and that i can tell I earn one medal for a single 2.5k heal ONCE a match and 1 for healing over 75k. If i dint earn defend/cap medals I would only ever earn 2 medals a match except for that rare chance I can kill steal a DB.

So what am I missing, why do pure healers get shafted?

Why don't I earn a medal for saving someone below 15-20%, Curing Stuns/Dot's, progressive earned medals for total amount healed, or anything else pure healers do to keep they're group up and running.

As always, healing is a thankless job.

No one gains medals like a well played tank though.

Exactly, my point If my tank mates play well and I play equally as well and keep him alive he earns all the rewards even though it was a 50/50 effort.

I always try to get at least one KB for that medal. It's pretty easy and doesn't necessarily come at the cost of any healing.

I discovered the 300k heals medal yesterday too, which was pretty nice. An average game for me is probably about five medals, which usually lands me right below the tanks. I wouldn't mind a couple more, sure, but whatever... I heal to help my team win, and as long as we're winning I'm not going to complain about medals.

I always try to get at least one KB for that medal. It's pretty easy and doesn't necessarily come at the cost of any healing.

I discovered the 300k heals medal yesterday too, which was pretty nice. An average game for me is probably about five medals, which usually lands me right below the tanks. I wouldn't mind a couple more, sure, but whatever... I heal to help my team win, and as long as we're winning I'm not going to complain about medals.

I don't think anyone play's to lose, I play to win by healing. That is how i contribute to the team effort.

So why shouldn't my effort's be just as rewarding as my other team mates?

Tanks get medals for X amount of damage soaked in 1 life.

I'd love to have a medal for X amount of healing done in one life!

Agreed, we get the shaft when it comes to medals. If the game is remotely competitive I'm lucky if I can get 6-7, while the tanks/dps I Q'd with get 9-12. Now if the game isn't competitive and I can just farm medals then I can get 10, but it still takes a LOT more effort for me to get 10 than it does an assassin or tank, and me farming medals=not being productive for the team.

Edited by Jooji

Wrote a short guide on how to get at least 5 medals every game as a healer.

5 medals lol. We're talking 10+ medals like an assassin or tank can get every game. Any idiot can get the killing blow(snipe with instant), 10 and 25 kills(use your instant aoe to tag people), 2.5k heal, 5k heal(use medpac), 75k healing. That's 6 pretty easy medals.

Then there's 300k healing(not possible every game), 75K damage(have to let people die to get this, so stupid), solo kill(once again waste of a healer's time), defender medals(not always guaranteed).

Edited by Jooji