Gearing in this game is better than WoW.

DeadOptimus

Generally more attainable for your main AND alts (legacy binding is amazing) and overall more satisfying at max level. Obviously the limit on new content is an issue, but I haven't felt like my character was below baseline for most content for more than a couple weeks after hitting cap for any reason other than my own priorities. Exactly how it should be, thank you devs! Edited by DeadOptimus

Gearing is now better than it has been in a long time, maybe ever. If there is one thing I'd change it'd be the one million credit cost associated with purchasing set bonus gear pieces from the class-specific vendors; I'd reduce it.

I completely agree !! It's super for alts as well !!

gearing for this game is a lot easier than WoW ever was. BFA and SL "borrowed power" systems really turned me off. but it might be worth the trade vs. SWTOR which makes nearly no meaningful content or balance updates (vis-a-vis WoW).

Gearing is now better than it has been in a long time, maybe ever. If there is one thing I'd change it'd be the one million credit cost associated with purchasing set bonus gear pieces from the class-specific vendors; I'd reduce it.

it's better if you raid. it's meaningless if you gsf. it's infuriating if you pvp.

however, I thought the system was better when you could accummulate gear/currency for gear as you leveled. now, getting gear is easy (everything you get can DC into currency), but back in the day, I could have bought a full set of gear with WZ comms the second I hit max level and never had to worry about going off into an OP to get my proper set bonuses or correct ilvl gear. so no. the current system is very much not "the best" it's ever been. it is arguably the easiest (as long as players know about deconstructing all the garbage that BW rewards them with).

I quit every single MMO after getting tired of killing the same boss 20 times and never getting the loot I was after.

The loot system is why I'm sticking to this game. Now if they could fix that crap about some sets only dropping from raids, it would be perfect.

I quit every single MMO after getting tired of killing the same boss 20 times and never getting the loot I was after.

The loot system is why I'm sticking to this game. Now if they could fix that crap about some sets only dropping from raids, it would be perfect.

incentive to do the raids... its an MMO after all

incentive to do the raids... its an MMO after all

I don't really mind that, but it can be very disheartening to work at a raid for two hours or whatever and have nothing to show for it. Onslaught's "Spoils of War" system as is fixes that problem, except for a few sets that are very well known to these forums. But that's for another discussion thread.

I agree and want to show some appreciation to the devs for going with a horizontal progression system (after a short vertical grind). I really liike that, as I also liked it a lot in Guild Wars 2 back when I played the game.

SW:TOR's system is even a bit better imo as you still have ample opportunity to min / max with augments, differently lettered mods and amplifiers even when you've hit the gear cap. It's exactly as it should be in an MMO imo: a fairly level playing field for competition at max level with the ability to improve yourself further.

It's come a long way from the RNG lootbox based drops in PvP in launch and the expertise grind in PvP where geared players could obliterate non-geared players. Well done, I hope it's something that continues in future content updates.

The only thing that should change imo is the scaled content. Endgame content should be scaled to the max level. Currently the majority of content is scaled therefore it pigeonholes you into builds that are heavy on crit (or alacrity). Power and mastery are pretty much not viable unless it's for the specific (marginal) amount of non-scaled content.

That also makes some specs that scale better with those stats always outperform others.