Suggestion: Kick People Who Suicide x5+ In GSF

UlaVii

In the absence of action by Bioware there is one thing that COULD help: Social sanctions

As GSF community organize and put those people who leech and suicide on your ignore list and make sure they are properly cut off from Ops and FPs.

In any other game mode people who justify anti-social behaviour with "I am forced to because of the rewards" would simply be kicked from the group. Let it be so: Kick them from FPs if you see them kick them from OPs if you see them.

While GSF playes in and of themselves may be a minority I am still fairly confident that the majority of players still are sensible enough that ruining other people's game by sabotaging team effort must not be tolerated and might thus be willing help weeding out the anti-social ones.

Edited by Sorelus

In the absence of action by Bioware there is one thing that COULD help: Social sanctions

Or how about a little compassion for the fact that Bioware's absolutely tragic disaster 7.0 patch is making everyone miserable, and as players we should understand each other's plight?

Yeah, it sucks for people who love GSF that these temporary tourists are messing up their games. I feel for them. :(

I also feel for 90% of the playerbase who primarily play solo/story content. These people were absolutely SCREWED by the 7.0 system. They are capped out with trash 326 green gear and a tech frag earning rate of about 100/hour. (you need 45,000 tech frags MINIMUM per character for the basic 2 implants + 1 tactical).

So instead of playing the content they love, content they were able to play for YEARS and still reach max gear level, they have to grind GSF for hours upon hours every week to get decent (still not the best) gear. 326 purples and a tech frag earning rate of 2-3k per hour.

NOTE: I try in almost every GSF match I am in. Though occasionally if I am at 3/4 on the weekly I have to admit my motivation to really give it my all is pretty low.

Or how about a little compassion for the fact that Bioware's absolutely tragic disaster 7.0 patch is making everyone miserable, and as players we should understand each other's plight?

Yeah, it sucks for people who love GSF that these temporary tourists are messing up their games. I feel for them. :(

I also feel for 90% of the playerbase who primarily play solo/story content. These people were absolutely SCREWED by the 7.0 system. They are capped out with trash 326 green gear and a tech frag earning rate of about 100/hour. (you need 45,000 tech frags MINIMUM per character for the basic 2 implants + 1 tactical).

So instead of playing the content they love, content they were able to play for YEARS and still reach max gear level, they have to grind GSF for hours upon hours every week to get decent (still not the best) gear. 326 purples and a tech frag earning rate of 2-3k per hour.

NOTE: I try in almost every GSF match I am in. Though occasionally if I am at 3/4 on the weekly I have to admit my motivation to really give it my all is pretty low.

I have zero compassion for the people who intentionally spoil the game for others to suit their own selfish desires. Yes the game is an absolute mess but that doesn't excuse people who ruin it further for those that do still enjoy some aspects of it.

Think of a GSF match as a single raid boss. Each has clearly defined mechanics to win; capture/keep control points and kill enemies. If the devs found out that players could beat the boss and get the loot by simply standing on the spawn point or by repeatedly respawning and suiciding into the jaws of the bridge boss then it would be fixed.

Sounds a bit elitist. If we convert it to pve you are basically suggesting that we should start kicking people from groups because they:

- die by standing in stupid

- die because lack of healing (healers were busy healing someone else)

- die because they don't know the mechanics and do something stupid (such as dps on reflect)

- underperform because lack of skill

- underperform because lack of gear

I'm sure that would make every newbie a better player...

You guys are already getting the best rewards and best conquest points, stop complaining. Carrying a few noobs is part of the game both in GSF and PVE. GSF is not a private club, although it looks like you'd want it to be. At least you can finish your mission with a few useless players in your group, while in pve it's not always possible. You will get your rewards every time no matter what, so stop. Just stop.

Think of a GSF match as a single raid boss. Each has clearly defined mechanics to win; capture/keep control points and kill enemies. If the devs found out that players could beat the boss and get the loot by simply standing on the spawn point or by repeatedly respawning and suiciding into the jaws of the bridge boss then it would be fixed.

Sounds a bit elitist. If we convert it to pve you are basically suggesting that we should start kicking people from groups because they:

- die by standing in stupid

- die because lack of healing (healers were busy healing someone else)

- die because they don't know the mechanics and do something stupid (such as dps on reflect)

- underperform because lack of skill

- underperform because lack of gear

I'm sure that would make every newbie a better player...

You guys are already getting the best rewards and best conquest points, stop complaining. Carrying a few noobs is part of the game both in GSF and PVE. GSF is not a private club, although it looks like you'd want it to be. At least you can finish your mission with a few useless players in your group, while in pve it's not always possible. You will get your rewards every time no matter what, so stop. Just stop.

You quote my example and then try to suggest I am picking on new or unskilled players but from the start I have used the word "intentional" when referring to the people spoiling the game.

In a raid if you have someone AFKing through entire fights or intentionally screwing up the boss mechanics to wipe the group then they tend to be kicked pretty quickly since the kick option is always available to the group leader. In GSF the only kick option is a hidden vote kick button that gets reset and hidden when they kill themselves.

Regardless of your support for those kind of people, my point was that if there was a raid boss that gave desireable loot which you could repeatedly farm by simply standing AFK or suiciding then it would be counted as an exploit and fixed and this should be no different.

I've come up with a better solution to the one I originally proposed at the start of this thread. The funny thing is that you trying to justify their actions helped shape it: GSF Suggestion: Stop counting suicides as a kill :)