The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feed back form 6.3 flash point

Amyc

I did like fact there wasnt any player choices. I would killed a comp just because they disobey my order. Sorry hand npc, Fact is character is suppose to be able kill every one they want i hate being force to spare a npc because they disa obey a order.... Character is empress . It forced the fight on end boss. Change your direction all i ask Edited by Amyc

While the game does have choices, the devs and writers still control the narrative and you're just along for the ride. Sometimes the narrative requires a character to live for longer to keep the story going. Also sometimes kills on certain companions ruins them for others in the future.

Half the problem with the game is people think they should have the right to choose everything - just because some choices exsist in the game. The devs and writers try to cater to this, then end up being backed into a corner with just a couple of characters left to toy with - leaving people wondering why the stories not as good as it could have been.

I think it's time we, as players, take a step back and let the writers control the narrative, except during the times they decide to allow us to direct for a bit. We get to pick the tone of our character but we shouldn't always get to make the big decisions, such as who lives or dies. It creates too much pandemonium, far too many branches. Especially for an extremely long running story like this one, it becomes impossible and not even feasible to keep up with them all. Suddenly they're writing 100 different stories poorly because it's too much, instead of a few great stories easier to follow.

Edited by Suzsi