Table for One Sir?

hillerbees

If we were being encouraged to play our own way by opening out a whole a la carte menu of objectives in completing Conquests then we are being given 2 dailies and 2 weeklies set course menu for Conquest Seasons.

It would be like going into a fancy resturant and ordering a table for 1 (because chances are your friend has different objectives) and eating the same meal, (that someone else had chosen for you) several days in a row.

The fact that players are being shoehorned into small areas means that spawns don't pop fast enough and there is considerable lag at times meaning the objectives are slow, tiresome and repeative to complete.

Having to tick these boxes as a priority to anything else in the game leaves the player feeling bloated and unsatisfied with little appetite for anything from the dessert trolley before logging out.

*whistles well known jingle from fast food outlet* I'm NOT loving it :(

I very definitely ran into this Tuesday on Balmorra while I was squashing bugs, but two of the three Heroics on Alderaan were completely empty yesterday, and the one that wasn't wasn't overly populated, and actually came in handy once or twice. However, the Face Merchant Heroic on Coruscant says hello, along with a couple of Heroics on DK. Crowded quest zones is far from unique to this mode.

Concerning the group play, my solution would be to run one set, then run the next set where they don't mesh. After all, it's not like a SW expected to get story advancement in the SI story line, if players were grouping up for that. There's a part of me that thinks the randomness is deliberately done to try to minimize the impact a bit, which would be a good thing. If you think a zone is crowded now, when not everyone is getting the same objectives, imagine what it would look like if they were?

You don’t have to participate at all if you don’t find it enjoyable.

Also if a bunch of people are in the same area killing the same spawns, teaming up for that area would be the best option. Likely even the exact thing they hope to incentivize.

Teaming up with other players for area based objectives is standard in MMOs, and used to be just as common on TOR when it was more populated. If you want the solo experience in this game that’s fine, but it is still an MMO and you likely aren’t going to get the full experience if you want to avoid grinds or random grouping.

You don’t have to participate at all if you don’t find it enjoyable.

Also if a bunch of people are in the same area killing the same spawns, teaming up for that area would be the best option. Likely even the exact thing they hope to incentivize.

Teaming up with other players for area based objectives is standard in MMOs, and used to be just as common on TOR when it was more populated. If you want the solo experience in this game that’s fine, but it is still an MMO and you likely aren’t going to get the full experience if you want to avoid grinds or random grouping.

YOU may wish to, but other players frequently don't and won't even if it's the obvious choice. One of the most irritating heroics is The Face Merchants on Coruscant because there aren't enough mobs in the bonus area for everyone who wants to do them, and the vast majority of the players I encounter are unwilling to group for this content, like automatic declines, no response to whispers. A similar thing happened in Possessed Hunter on DK, but the devs fixed it so the boss respawns quicker. No such luck here.

It would be like going into a fancy resturant and ordering a table for 1 (because chances are your friend has different objectives) and eating the same meal, (that someone else had chosen for you) several days in a row.

Note that, even in your own analogy, it's 'you' that's ordering the table for 1, and it's 'you' that's eating the same meal. But you don't 'have to' sit at that table or order that meal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.