Returning player after few years.

Zenislav

Hey all

Used to play Gunslinger I think 5 years ago. Now starting Sniper and loads changed so I am a bit lost.

Basically I was wondering what discipline path you use for what content.

Do you stick with one or you change depending on what activity you do. I will be playing both pve and pvp.

What path is preferred for high end ops, what for ranked, what you use when just grinding heroics and stuff, etc

Atm I am just using marksmanship for lvling as it is burst spec and want to kill groups as fast as I can.

Edited by Zenislav

Hey all

Used to play Gunslinger I think 5 years ago. Now starting Sniper and loads changed so I am a bit lost.

Basically I was wondering what discipline path you use for what content.

Do you stick with one or you change depending on what activity you do. I will be playing both pve and pvp.

What path is preferred for high end ops, what for ranked, what you use when just grinding heroics and stuff, etc

Atm I am just using marksmanship for lvling as it is burst spec and want to kill groups as fast as I can.

Marksman is the best for Ranked. Anything goes for regs. For PVE they're all viable but apparently Virulence is really strong right now. I think it's the highest parsing sniper spec right now.

For leveling Id say go marksman, its easy and with buffed supressive fire aoe you can mow down most mobs you encounter.

As for actual endgame - sniper is currently the least played. One of the reason might be lower mobility compare to other classes, but Id be speculating here.

From an operations perspective, I'd recommend learning Virulence. It is by far the spec Sniper spec for operations overall, and they're a solid addition to pretty much every team. Both as a solid ranged dps spec, as well as the ability to bring Sniper Shield which can be a lifesaver in some phases. Having the ability to swap to Marksmanship can be useful for a handful of fights, but most important is being capable at playing Virulence. Edited by AdjeYo