SWTOR is incredibly underrated

CharlesSolo

I have always believe that this game has a lot of potential.

Unfortunatelly, the game itself is not the issue. The real problem are the Devs, the guys taking decision and their poor customer service. Bugs that have been there FOREVER. Not talking about bugs that are there for some weeks, months...even a year. Talking about 8 years bugs? Still not fixed?

Im a PVPer, you will laugh at the state of it right now. Instadeaths EVERYWHERE, like literally every arena map is a possible instadeath, such as you leap as a Sentinel? dead. You phasewalk? dead. Oh I know, lets rocket out? dead

Lets roll as an operative? Stucked and kicked out of the game (And also, queue locked for 20 minutes).

Want to report someone for harassing? wintrading? They dont care, they ignore the reports.

At this point I only play this game because of my friends, otherwise I´d be playing something else. Its really sad to see what the game has become, but its because, again, the person in charge of it are screwing things over and over.

You pay 15 dollar a month to have some support. Other games that you pay once for have WAY better support/devs. Thats the reason the population of SWTOR has been nothing but going down, except with that specific moment that they brought it to STEAM. But now, population is going down again. No wonder why

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None. The issue is that, unlike the other classes in SWTOR, you're not being allowed to be your own character, instead you're being made to be a pre-existing character that won't actually be born for another 3000 years.

How so? It's not like Bowdaar is the only comp you have. Sure, the Smuggler suffers from "some comps are more interesting than others", a highly subjective opinion, but so too, do the other classes. One could even argue that the class is closer to Mission Vao, from KotoR, especially if one chooses to play a female Twilek. But that's the fatal flaw with what you're saying here: We are not forced to play a Human Male Smuggler, with only one comp. If you can't play it any other way, then the limitations are yours.

How so? It's not like Bowdaar is the only comp you have. Sure, the Smuggler suffers from "some comps are more interesting than others", a highly subjective opinion, but so too, do the other classes. One could even argue that the class is closer to Mission Vao, from KotoR, especially if one chooses to play a female Twilek. But that's the fatal flaw with what you're saying here: We are not forced to play a Human Male Smuggler, with only one comp. If you can't play it any other way, then the limitations are yours.

Hell even

Risha

being a princess is archetypal Star Wars but it takes on a whole new direction instead of just ripping off Princess Leia, while I get where the guy is coming from this games does take a lot of inspiration from the movies I think the archetypes brought something new to the table. Even the Jedi Knight... though very little compared to other class in my opinion, hell

Smuggler can become the head of his own criminal Empire

which is not something Han Solo has ever done.

Warlords of Draenor - A WoW expansion that is widely regarded as being the worst one. It had lots of flaws and lots of cut content, but despite this it still had more to offer than any expansion SWTOR has put out. Let's have a look at what came with it.

- 3 new full size raids

- 8 dungeons with challenge modes & rewards

- Multiple new sets of gear and weapons with desirable appearances to chase after that were obtainable through in game progression

- A new large scale PVP map, although it was flawed it was still fun to hop in and try out occasionally

- Updated player models

- World bosses

- Garrisons - a highly controversial feature but it was still a large feature none the less

Now let us have a look at Onslaught that has now been out for over a year

- 4 hours worth of levelling/story content

- 1 new raid

- 3 new dungeons

- 2 strongholds made up of mostly re-used assets

See the difference? Even at its worst WoW still provides more than SWTOR, and not just WoW. Have a look at ESO, FF14 & OSRS - all provide way more content that is much more polished.

I only play the game cause I can afford to sub to multiple games and therefore I hop around depending on my mood. I will admit there are some features in SWTOR that I prefer over other games, but the reality is that there are only so many times I can run the same 8 year old raids over and over again that SWTOR provides. If for whatever reason I find myself with a more restricted budget I would drop SWTOR first.

I never recommend this game to anyone, it is simply not worth the time and money for how little it offers compared to other games in the market.

WOD was a truly horrible expansion... Honestly, PVE class/spec balance is far and away better in SWTOR than WOW. Every class at least has an option to spec DPS in PVE, and because updates are relatively few and far between, some semblance of balance is preserved. My biggest grief with WOW is the routine and deliberate unbalancing of classes/specs, which is to compel players to regear in order to increase time-played metrics.

I’ve been around SWTOR since 2012. I’ve left at times for FF14 and WOW. Both great games. But while those games get the proper respect why is SWTOR always an afterthought?

I’ve left wow because of shadowlands. The gearing rng is ridiculous. The grind for legendaries and upgrades is ridiculous. The taking away of flight at the beginning of each expansion is ridiculous. All the while the community puts up with it while Ion tells them he knows best.

SWTOR gives players what they want. The best gear available for every player. Great mounts and armors for every player. Great perks through the legacy system. QOL improvements.

Almost everything you want is obtainable in the game some things will take time but the grind for them is nothing like other MMOs.

Tons of content. Yes, the newer content is not as abundant but if you’ve never played this game can keep you bust for a long time.

New game engine, graphics that actually use my 2080 ti nvidia for what its worth, character customization, an expansion that takes more than a few hours to go through, race specific dialog . . .

those are only a few things they need to give us to be taken seriously. This game is an EA cash cow, and I know this because it still exists, and wouldn't, if the drug dealers running EA weren't making money.

They care about their greed, nothing else.

I agree.

I've also abandoned WoW because even the story is grind now (such a shame) and I hate being funnelled into raiding as the holy cow of content. No thanks.

I've dipped in and out of SWTOR too over the years, and I think it's in fine condition these days. I've played many MMOs and, while I have genuine empathy for long-term dedicated SWTOR players who feel the game has changed to it's detriment, I honestly think that's one of the hazards of playing any MMO for a long time (see the WoW thing above.)

But I love how SWTOR handles story, I love my characters, I love the world we're in, I love the various types of gameplay (even though I don't play them all). It's not flawless but what MMO is? I'm very happy with it atm, and I agree, I wish it received more love and kudos.

Also came back from WoW. That's just not my thing, that's an endless grind without any meaningful story, my character has no personality, the endgame community is the most toxic thing I've ever seen, every 4-6 months your hard earned gear gets reset so you have to start over, finished with that game..

SWTOR is more like my playstyle, much more casual friendly, if you step away from the game for a few months, your gear won't be trash, can acquire gear through ANY activity and it has a nice consistent story, my character is an actual person, the ingame community is nice and friendly (mostly..) and I could go on. Might not be everone's cup of tea though, as much as I like SWTOR, many people prefers competitive hardcore endgame and SWTOR does not really shine on that part.