Operative or Sniper

_Napalm_Death

If you like sticking to one spot and blasting from a distance, sniper

If you like mobility, stealth or healing, operative.

Both are quite capable of doing DPS, really it just boils down to preference.

Personally, I do operative. Sniper bores me to tears.

So yeah as the title said, i'm kinda stuck right now, i played as an sorceror in my first class but now i can't decide which to go for, the operative has stealth and heal but the sniper has range & dps, anyone got any input?

Healer classes have all been nerffed into the ground.... No DPS .... No Power.... No Heals....

Stick with Sniper.... Hi DPS .... No Power problems..... Much more fun to play.

I have a miserable time playing Operative. Multiple opponent attacks are few and poor. They don't take out mooks not even to half health. Other abilities require triggers or too much energy they aren't available. It's not even wait time after use. They aren't available in the first place. I'm there literally doing nothing because no ability is available since the powers that are available do have a wait time after use. I'm playing the character for completeness, but it is the only character where I chose to let Arcann live just so I don't have to deal with him at the end along with Vaylin. I chose an action based on game play instead of story. The irony is there are a couple of boss fights where with this character I defeated the boss on the first try where others died at least once. Obviously the character can play, but it's a frustrating slog I'm so grateful when I can stealth and avoid combat.

With Sniper I'm having loads of fun. One multiopponent ability can kill all the mooks or at least most of them and the rest one hit away. All abilities are available and do their job. I get to enjoy the combat. I can use strategy.