Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surge adrenals are imba.

My epic one boosts my crit damage multiplyer by about 40%, insane.

Rofl, people are finally starting to see what the messed up game mechanics are, I was hoping for later rather than sooner. Surge is ridiculously easy to get and it doesn't have a hard cap, it's one of the mechanics that I didn't want people to know about that's producing those high numbers, power is the other one. Neither have a hard cap and are easy to obtain. That's why I keep telling people it's game mechanics that are broken and not actual classes themselves. Any class can do the damage scoundrels/operatives are doing if they have a high surge rating and a lot of power. That's what those scoundrels/operatives use to get those insane numbers. I would rather Bioware know what the problem is now, then for them to start nerfing classes based on broken stats with no hard caps in the future. That is the only reason I'm finally revealing this to the masses.

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

Since we're talking about fair, I would like Ops/scoundrels to get an incapitate from stealth that doesn't fill a resolve bar, a ranged stun, knockback and force sprint just to name a few.

Hey if ops/scoundrels want those, go for it, ask for it, as long as shadows/assassins get stun/burst in one button.

Since you guys believe you need 4 ability then to compensate for your one ability, no worries, as long as all burst specs get this combo abilities meshed into one ability, it's all good.

Not sure if you realize this, but the expertise consumable gives a 15% increase. At lvl 10, you have 0 expertise. 15% of 0 is 0.

That said, if you did that well at level 10, everyone else in your WZ was AFK, asleep, and/or terrible.

Doesn't work that way, it's an actual percentage increase to your expertise and the expertise rating. Everything else he wrote is a lie but he's right about expertise consumables giving you a chance against 50s in pvp gear that aren't popping expertise consumables, which most people in the game don't even bother to use. I don't believe anything else he wrote though.

operatives/scoundrels are OP

and all the argument's that they are squishy out of stealth after their burst are ***********, they are better than tanks! with all the instant heals they have even in a dps spec

its *********** retarded and has to go, just like rift's 1.0 pyro mancers ground of skill

Edited by Zoggel
Trolling

Hey if ops/scoundrels want those, go for it, ask for it, as long as shadows/assassins get stun/burst in one button.

Since you guys believe you need 4 ability then to compensate for your one ability, no worries, as long as all burst specs get this combo abilities meshed into one ability, it's all good.

Rofl, people are finally starting to see what the messed up game mechanics are, I was hoping for later rather than sooner. Surge is ridiculously easy to get and it doesn't have a hard cap, it's one of the mechanics that I didn't want people to know about that's producing those high numbers, power is the other one. Neither have a hard cap and are easy to obtain. That's why I keep telling people it's game mechanics that are broken and not actual classes themselves. Any class can do the damage scoundrels/operatives are doing if they have a high surge rating and a lot of power. That's what those scoundrels/operatives use to get those insane numbers. I would rather Bioware know what the problem is now, then for them to start nerfing classes based on broken stats with no hard caps in the future. That is the only reason I'm finally revealing this to the masses.

Read my post above so you can stop crying. If I had a jedi shadow with the same gear set up that I have on my scoundrel, I would be doing more dps and have more utility skills.

operatives/scoundrels are OP you have downs if you believe otherwise

and all the argument's that they are squishy out of stealth after their burst are *********** retarded, they are better than tanks! with all the instant heals they have even in a dps spec

its *********** retarded and has to go, just like rift's 1.0 pyro mancers ground of skill

Read my post above so you can finally understand that it's not the classes, it's broken game mechanics that are the problem. People like you need to hit 50 and look at the different things causing situations like this to happen before spewing out the mouth without knowing *** you're talking about.. Scoundrels don't have instant cast heals by the way, stop making up stories to try to make your argument seem valid. You just make yourself look dumb when you say dumb things like dps scoundrels having instant cast heals, rofl...

HA! You think scoudrels are OP. Have you ever played against a Inquisitor, constantly spamming lighting. Scoudrels/Operatives are suppose to be like that, burst DPS. You catch them off guard and you get 2 shotted, i would know i play a scoudrel. And honestly it depends of what gear you have. Whether your in PvP gear or not.

One scoundrel cannot hold half the team in one place, they get vaporized. Except for me. But thats because I stealth and taunt the other team in /say. God bless the man who let us communicate like that. The doo doo talking I have done, is enormous.
My jugger got 300+ expertiese, was jumped by two scoundrels, both hit me once then i was dead... :) 18k hits just gone.

Went sniper with my agent. :)

Edited by Fafnir

Read my post above so you can stop crying. If I had a jedi shadow with the same gear set up that I have on my scoundrel, I would be doing more dps and have more utility skills.

If you had a Jedi Shadow? Go make one. Level it to 50, get your crit/surge all the way up with a mix of pve and pvp gear. Fight a lvl 40 Ops.

Also, please read my post again on the substance, the ability to mix multiple abilities into one (burst and stun), is the issue. Please be mature and try as best not to resort to ad hominem remarks.

Thank you.

My jugger got 300+ expertiese, was jumped by two scoundrels, both hit me once then i was dead... :) 18k hits just gone.

Went sniper with my agent. :)

Pics or it didn't happen...

But prolly didn't anyway...I'm currently farming gear with my operative and I'm nowhere near high expertise yet still I do have good enough gear to rip ungeared and esp. unskilled people apart (since ppl can get extremely lucky with bags there will be guys running around in full champion with no effing clue what they're doing)

But my highest crit to date was something around 5.7k with the exp buff from the wz, my trinket with surge + crit and a lucky hidden strike on a lowlvl...sure there is more buff stacking to be done and I need more gear still...but anything over 7k on a geared tank...not happening...No scoundrel will ever onehit a geared player from 15+k life to 0...it's impossible without hacks....even with extreme buff stacking you will not hit a geared player that hard...maybe in 3 gcds yes...but not one hit...

Buff stacking has to be looked at...apart from that most people just don't know how to deal with an ops...teamplay is key and once you get the op / scoundrel out of stealth...well it's pretty much byebye for him...but people never ever manage to tag me with a dot or just keep me in combat so I can't restealth after a kill...and we're ridiculously easy to kite...

and I'm well aware that I'm basically wasting my time by writing this since most ppl won't read past sentence one and just go for the good old "he kills me in pvp...he's op !! nerf him !!!"

Get real guys...stop it with the falsims and get some gear yourself...the world will look completely different believe me..

operatives/scoundrels are OP you have downs if you believe otherwise

and all the argument's that they are squishy out of stealth after their burst are *********** retarded, they are better than tanks! with all the instant heals they have even in a dps spec

You clearly don't know *** you are talking about. Scoundrel instant heals are garbage unless you spec healer. More likely someone popped a medpac which...shocker for you...everyone gets medpacs!

I wanna BS and QQ with unsupported fact like 75% of these posters. Check this out:

A BH critted me for 150k damage waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I can't screenshot it because it never happened....but I can still QQ like it magically did!

Mainly Level 50s, some battlemasters, fully uncut. Crits in the 5-6k ballpark even to people wearing half battlemaster-set, and some nice double-ambush-cheese to deliver 12k damage to a battlemaster in 3 seconds.

Who still thinks this is also just a lucky run: http://de.twitch.tv/cyferlawyn . Hours over hours of real world scoundrel PvP, and always the same kind of devestation.

Doesn't work that way, it's an actual percentage increase to your expertise and the expertise rating. Everything else he wrote is a lie but he's right about expertise consumables giving you a chance against 50s in pvp gear that aren't popping expertise consumables, which most people in the game don't even bother to use. I don't believe anything else he wrote though.

I'll have to screen shot my toons and see if I'm lying then.

Sure go ahead. You should approach Bioware to change our Scoundrels to Shadows. While you're doing that, you could tell them to have everyone start with 5 HP and every button we hit it take 1 HP off the target. At the same time we'll all be melee's instead.

Now that's fair, am i right?

Edited by antiviolence

Mainly Level 50s, some battlemasters, fully uncut. Crits in the 5-6k ballpark even to people wearing half battlemaster-set, and some nice double-ambush-cheese to deliver 12k damage to a battlemaster in 3 seconds.

Who still thinks this is also just a lucky run: http://de.twitch.tv/cyferlawyn . Hours over hours of real world scoundrel PvP, and always the same kind of devestation.

Most of those 5k crits were on that lvl 40 sniper...so yeah...and obviously you played against people without skill since bar 2-3 times not a single soul bothered tagging you with a basic attack or a dot...surely if you let an operative / scoundrel go berserk with that kind of gear he will destroy your team...and many of those fights were with teammates versus someone...surely full battlemaster operative / scoundrel is crazy esp. with buff stacking (which I 100% agree has to be looked at) but not more so than any other class...and if the other team just lets you do whatever you want it's their fault not the fault of the class...

Show me some duels 1v1 vs geared people esp. if they manage to get you out of stealth b4 you can even use your opener...

Sure go ahead. You should approach Bioware to change our Scoundrels to Shadows. While you're doing that, you could tell them to have everyone start with 5 HP and every button we hit it take 1 HP off the target. At the same time we'll all be melee's instead.

Now that's fair, am i right?

Why? This is what apparently some of you want, I just believe the stun/burst needs to be separated, bring it in par with other burst classes.

And this is what I am bringing up, if you want more for your class, feel free to talk to bioware/post on the forums and start a discussion.

You shout it's not OP, but when I suggest other burst classes have a similar ability, suddenly you sing a different tune and come out with ridiculous scenarios ?

Self denial much ?

Edited by VSutra

Why? This is what apparently some of you want, I just believe the stun/burst needs to be separated, bring it in par with other burst classes.

And this is what I am bringing up, if you want more for your class, feel free to talk to bioware/post on the forums and start a discussion.

You shout it's not OP, but when I suggest other burst classes have a similar ability, suddenly you sing a different tune and come out with ridiculous scenarios ?

Self denial much ?

Well you yourself said that you wanted everything to be fair, that 2 different classes were to have the same abilities, doing the same amount of damage and the same cc breaker.

So that scenario that you're aiming for, everyone to be the same and nothing unique but now it's ridiculous?

Contradict much?

All your argument proves is that they benefit the best from it , not that the underlying class simply pushes it over the top. Everybody has a story about getting hit hard by several classes (save those poor dual wielding jedi). Granted none of them will have you flat on your back for 4 seconds, but that in and off itself doesnt make it op.

you wanna tell me when more then 50% of their damage is from buffs not of the class that proves the class is overpowered? riddle me that. 15% armor penetration doesn't suddenly make you a god, but it does when you're throwing 3000+ more damage on top of it.

also go to a pvp world zone, drop the warfront buff out of the equation and get a merc to pop their trinket, their expertise and damage stim and see how that goes for damage numbers. They're not gonna hit as hard but they have heavy armor, not medium, and aren't melee. Same rule will probably go that sin's damage will be less in that they have ranged abilities they actually use and have access to tanking.

its like saying operatives are the sun, those buffs are a magnifying lens, and you're the ant. And the ant is pissed about the sun lighting him on fire. The sun can't ignite you without the lens.

These ops and scoundrels aren't using stims and other consumables though.

These players are regularly bursting people down so much. I encountered an ops in hutt today, and several times he would burst me down twice ina minute, or a few times in a couple minutes (not long enough for cool downs to reset for each attack). So no, its not JUST consumables. Their burst is VERY high.

I also have watched streams (and posted a couple links to them) showing ops playing, and bursting down opponents in their openers, sometimes using cd's, sometimes not.

And again, ALL classes have these stims/consumables available to them, yet only 2 classes (scounds and ops) are being complained about. So.... by logical reasoning, those two classes have an issue.

Just had almost the exact same scenario happen again.

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.

Shame on you for not rolling a Powertech, Mercenary, Juggernaut or Sorcerer and be the stone to our scissors.