Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback

Screaming_Ziva

You got 6 points out of a max 800 points for the season; you can get more than 800 points in the season but you only need 800 to complete all 100 levels. It is 8 points per level. You're 3/4ths of the way to completing level 1. You need to complete 62 levels to get the 7 tokens needed to buy the apartment, unless I'm mistaken.

Thanks very much for the info. Now that I know a bit more, I can start grinding it out. :)

It shouldn't take too long to get to level 4 (32/800).

The PTS is doing an update at the moment. It'll be fun to see what's changed (if apparent).

Update: After the update I have 18/800 and can claim the first 2 rewards. They must have sorted out the PO rewards.

Soon maybe I can give some actual feedback on the Apartments.

UPDATE#2 - It only gave me 1 token for "level 5" (no longer level 4), so it may still take some time.to get 7.

UPDATE #3 - I got a Carrick station deed from the "non-seasonal rewards" vendor, so feedback soon.

Edited by JediQuaker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE STRONGHOLDS NOW COST 1 CREDIT EACH ON THE PTS:

So test away dear friends!

Changes from the last update on strongholds:

- There are now some NPCs through the Imperial Fleet Stronghold VIP Lounge Window:

- That's about it as far as we can tell.

Preliminary feedback:

Overall, things seem rather nice. I have only 2 minor suggestions and one bigger one.

1. The entrance is nice in that there are cubby holes on each side where you can put your Legacy, Cargo, and Guild storage bays. The one suggestion I would make would be to change the center small hook on the wall on either side to a large or medium wall hook to accommodate and wall mounted GTN terminal.

(edit: So you can just pop in, do your inventory and GTN business, right there.)

2. Not a fan of the red trim (Carrick Station), but not a deal breaker. Edit: Blue trim would be more "Republic-ish", imho.)

3. The main rooms are nice and seem to have reasonable hook placement etc, but they are rather large. It would be nice to have 2 small rooms off the corridor to the "octagon", to act as bedrooms. These rooms would only need to be small enough to hold a bed, table, chairs, etc, for a basic bedroom. Something just slightly larger than a centerpiece hook.

Edited by JediQuaker

So overall I have a great first impression of the Fleet stronghold. Yes I would have preferred having a starship docking bay or launcher, and hopefully they change the space chat to fleet chat, but overall I am very pleased. I really prefer smaller strongholds like DK, Coruscant, and Nar Shadda, and the Fleet stronghold is an excellent addition.

However, I noticed that there is no intro cinematic, at least none that I could find, and I really hope that one is added. This would go especially good with the addition of a starship docking bay area as it could start with the class ship landing or docking with the apartment then having panning views facing inwards/outwards through the exterior/interior windows of the apartment as the character walks around his/her fleet penthouse.

This isn't a deal breaker or anything but I think that a good intro cinematic, especially once the stronghold is decorated, would be a very good addition to the penthouse.

I'm not a fan of the centrepiece hooks in each room - not a lot fits there (many of the decos are too tall for the SH's ceilings) and because they're really limited in how you can change the hooks I feel really restricted in decorating. Would prefer a bunch of large hooks myself, in the side rooms at least. Or I'd second the call for more small rooms to balance it out. And Imp one is dead silent, just way too quiet. Some ambient audio would be appreciated.

I like the SH, good hook placement in general, the light seems a little off though, especially if you hang some art on the walls, there is a sinister shadow as if it is illuminated from below (will post screenshot later)

right now, you cannot "leave" the stronghold via the elevator

I would love to have windows in the octagonal room, maybe an outlook over a hangar, hehe

So overall I have a great first impression of the Fleet stronghold. Yes I would have preferred having a starship docking bay or launcher, and hopefully they change the space chat to fleet chat, but overall I am very pleased. I really prefer smaller strongholds like DK, Coruscant, and Nar Shadda, and the Fleet stronghold is an excellent addition.

However, I noticed that there is no intro cinematic, at least none that I could find, and I really hope that one is added. This would go especially good with the addition of a starship docking bay area as it could start with the class ship landing or docking with the apartment then having panning views facing inwards/outwards through the exterior/interior windows of the apartment as the character walks around his/her fleet penthouse.

This isn't a deal breaker or anything but I think that a good intro cinematic, especially once the stronghold is decorated, would be a very good addition to the penthouse.

I'm thinking it just hasn't been added yet. The very first time I visited each SH there was a short black screen that isn't there on future visits.

Has anyone tested this with a group to see?

There is a Youtube video from Sworista (from a live stream) during which a friend went to the VIP lounge, but they couldn't be seen by Sworista (or the audience). Edit: also confirmed by a couple other sources.

I like the centerpiece hooks. It gives me a place to put my Spa arrangement. 🙂

On the other hand, I don't know what to put on the others.

Edit - a Meditation garden will probably be one.

The Octagon room would be nice if it had "skylights" if it can't have windows.

Overall, the design of the Apartments is very nice, but perhaps a bit larger than expected. Plus, as I mentioned before, it needs some smaller bedrooms.

At this time, my plan is to decorate the Apartments as 'homes', so more emphasis on comfy aesthetics than hook count or showy decos. 🤔

Unless they actually add bedrooms, my current plan is to have the room overlooking the VIP lounge as a "spa" with some plants etc. The room on the other side as sleep/meditation chambers, and the Octagon as 'party central'.

At least, on the Republic side. The Imps may be too dour for a party room. 😅

Edited by JediQuaker

2. Elevator needs clicky button still.

Lack of clicky button in the elevator spawn threw me for a loop. I was streaming my unlock to a guildie over discord and he got a good laugh out of my dismay, but in all seriousness there should be a button there.

Also super-weird that the impside wall hooks are locked to large-only, but I expect they'll fix that. (right?)

Overall... I really like the new strongholds. They seem well-sized, plenty of hooks. A little dark, but I can work with it. I might be in the minority, but I especially appreciate that the "space" view doesn't have all the ships on the X-axis. It's fun.

I like it, though in one room the one that over looks the fleet, there are two areas that are not able to be converted to large and it would be nice we could do that.

The only problem I have is some of the hooks are right outside the doors to the other room. Maybe move those to somewhere else. No matter what I put there it is right in the way of heading into that room.

Someone or two have requested a small room for a bedroom or two. I think if you could do that the one room overlooking nothing just into space would be good. It could be divided into two room provided you can keep the windows there as that would make a nice bedroom or two looking out into space and lol it would still be private enough for a bedroom p.

Edited by casirabit

Now that I've finally managed to get into the PTS bought myself one each of the new SHs for a credit each, though I suspect some serious grinding will be needed to get them in reality.

I'll add a +1 for the apartments needing an exit and entry point.

Possible bug: artwork does not show up correctly in the Vaiken Space Dock penthouse, in the room to the right of the main room. All artwork in lost in the darkness. Only the brightest of lights works to brighten the art; Revanite Chandeliers are the brightest I found, not even Zakuulan Chandeliers worked. Screenshots:

Without lighting: https://imgur.com/a/WurUWt9

With Zakuulan Chandeliers: https://imgur.com/a/wPzoPy5

With Revanite Chandeliers: https://imgur.com/a/A6AaHKV

Are the rooms really meant to be this dark?

Suggestion: The main rooms near the balcony in the Rishi Stronghold have main (non-decoration) lighting that can be turned on and off - can you add this to the Vaiken Apartment?

Edited by Sarova

The farthest left hook on the windows was not right clickable: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExnAy0WUYAAduAJ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Like the window hooks.

Confirmed.

I might also add, it looks totally weird having a waterfall come out of a window. LOL I can't wait to go through all my deco's and see what else odd things I can put on the windows. Dread Fate Plaque, Unfortunate Yavin Explorer, Iokath Forge Lavafall, Iokath Forge Garbagefall just to name a few. :D

I hope they put some Floor (rug) hooks in the middle of the Large Floor hooks, so I can put rugs under my furniture arrangements. It's so frustrating that they're all in between!

I also hope they put some Medium hooks by the door out so we can finally use the Elevator holo sign.

I agree with those who mention it could use one or two smaller "bedroom" size rooms.

Edited by Xina_LA

I agree with those who mention it could use one or two smaller "bedroom" size rooms.

Anyone who's seem my Nar Shadaa SH will know I'm bedroom obsessed, though I'm not sure how they could re-arrange the Penthouse layout to accommodate bedroom size rooms. The penthouses would have to be completely redesigned.

I'm liking the room to the right of the main entrance room as a bedroom however the I'd like to see these (circled) hooks altered so I can place a bed centrally on the back wall.

Two small rooms, about the size of the small 'bedrooms' in the Coruscant and DK SHs, could be relatively easy to add on either side of the corridor to the Octagon. I could understand that they might not have windows.

Many of the hooks are glitchy at the moment. Many of the flooring hooks don't work at all - they only offer you to place a particular personnel deco, instead of carpets, etc. I assume that the hooks are a work in progress.

I haven't yet tried to get the Imperial Fleet apartment, but I will in order to compare them.

Also, when I installed the latest PTS, I was still using my previous character with a more limited supply of decos, so later this evening I'll find out if I can transfer another character to the PTS. 🤔

And, speaking of the elevator. Are some people still not aware that you can just click the 'exit area' button on the mini-map? I know the elevator button would be nice from an aesthetic angle, but it's not needed to exit the apartment. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

And, speaking of the elevator. Are some people still not aware that you can just click the 'exit area' button on the mini-map? I know the elevator button would be nice from an aesthetic angle, but it's not needed to exit the apartment. 🤔

Oh it's definitely an aesthetic complaint. xD

Considering that at Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Rishi, Umbara, and Tatooine (off the top of my head) all have a clicky button somewhere to bring up the exit menu, it just seems like an odd exclusion. Heck, DK and Coruscant even have their buttons on the outside of an elevator structure. Since the new strongholds have you spawn into an elevator,. it's just surprising for there not to be a button.

Some of my decorations for the main entrance to the penthouse (Republic Side)

https://i.imgur.com/Pym3kIb.png (this one is the one hook I don't like as it is right in front of a door)

But, on the other hand, since it's a large hook, you can configure it in many ways to get hooks on either side of the door. I'd rather have the options than say, just a single 'narrow' hook on each side.

Or, although it's not something I would do, there are some archways you could put there in front of the door.

Options are always good.

Edited by JediQuaker

Oh it's definitely an aesthetic complaint. xD

Considering that at Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa, Rishi, Umbara, and Tatooine (off the top of my head) all have a clicky button somewhere to bring up the exit menu, it just seems like an odd exclusion. Heck, DK and Coruscant even have their buttons on the outside of an elevator structure. Since the new strongholds have you spawn into an elevator,. it's just surprising for there not to be a button.

I agree with the aesthetics. It would be best to have an elevator button there.

But incidentally, Tatooine's 'button' is way out by the starship hook at the outer edge. People used to complain about having to travel all the way there to exit the SH. (Which is why I mentioned the button on the mini-map. 🙂 )

But, on the other hand, since it's a large hook, you can configure it in many ways to get hooks on either side of the door. I'd rather have the options than say, just a single 'narrow' hook on each side.

Or, although it's not something I would do, there are some archways you could put there in front of the door.

Options are always good.

Totally agree. Leave it there. I wish all door entrance ways had that option of a large, 4 medium, Medium surrounded by small, etc. instead of jus the 2 small hooks most doors have.

Edited by Banthabreeder

Suggestion:

Could you add more colors of the Red Carpet Aisle Runner, like Blue, green, purple, etc. I love this carpet as it normally fits across more than a small area but come on red only lets put some color into this one pretty please with a cherry on top?

Edited by casirabit

First impressions of the Fleet Penthouse Stronghold (Republic).

** Size looks good. Only recommendation would be for one smaller room for those that might like to set up a bedroom or smaller office. Off hand I would say much like one of the smaller rooms on Nar Shaddaa.

** The "tinted" glass on all sides of the Republic station is very "yellow". I would change that "tint" .. just looks wrong to me personally.

** Hook arrangements look fine. (Although for now I'm still testing the individual hooks for functionality.

** The first time I logged on the the SH ... I enjoyed the music that was coming from the station near the center (the VIP Lounge) .. with the 4 large holo musicians jamming away at the very top. Today you could BARELY hear the music from the " in game" music. ( I hope this makes sense). ALSO a plus (well it was at the time ... not now) .. the volume of the music from the VIP lounge also gradually faded away as we made our way to the opposite side of the SH. PLEASE return this feature.

I would also highly recommend that the "in game volume" be muted while in the SH.

** Over all I like the size and arrangement for an apartment. Any additional details in wall structure or framing that might be visible would add to the "atmosphere" of the station and would be appreciated.

** Elevator access?? I know that we can access through "press U" ... and there is an inactive elevator at one end of the apartment... is that elevator going to be activated for those who have the key? Just curious.

I'll post some more later once I do a more detailed walk through.

Some of my decorations for the main entrance to the penthouse (Republic Side)

https://i.imgur.com/Pym3kIb.png (this one is the one hook I don't like as it is right in front of a door)

Options are always good.

This might be another case for making "X / Y / Z " axis more flexible with greater movements available. (Maybe??)