It's been a while but suddenly I remembered why I quit

DarthMaulUK

Arenas! If things couldnt get any worse - Bioware now tell us how to play the game by forcing time outs if you dare quit yet another bad decision choice - Arenas, or a recent map that is nothing but shocking for pvp.

Is this really what its come down to? Put Arena in their own Q or with ranked - end of debate. Or in 2021, allow players to chose? After all, in SWTOR choices matter - unless you pvp.

I fully support your right to leave whatever map you don't like. but...

I really don't understand why ppl whine and complain about arenas in regs. (well, I get it now that losses don't count toward your quests). an arena that is a blowout lasts 2 rounds and you spend more time waiting for the gates to drop than fighting. an arena that's a close match will go 3 rounds. but let's say some stealth decides to troll you and extends every round to gas. it's STILL faster than your average WZ. if you're going to be "forced" (heh. SW puns!) to do content you don't like, arenas have to be the quickest (thus least painful) of anything I've come across in this game.

also, they supposedly only pop when there aren't enough players in queue, so you're not missing out on a WZ b/c you popped an arena. fwiw

wow. this place hasn't changed at all. same complaints. same explanations. slightly different names. ah SWTOR!

I really don't understand why ppl whine and complain about arenas in regs. (well, I get it now that losses don't count toward your quests). an arena that is a blowout lasts 2 rounds and you spend more time waiting for the gates to drop than fighting. an arena that's a close match will go 3 rounds. but let's say some stealth decides to troll you and extends every round to gas. it's STILL faster than your average WZ. if you're going to be "forced" (heh. SW puns!) to do content you don't like, arenas have to be the quickest (thus least painful) of anything I've come across in this game.

also, they supposedly only pop when there aren't enough players in queue, so you're not missing out on a WZ b/c you popped an arena. fwiw

wow. this place hasn't changed at all. same complaints. same explanations. slightly different names. ah SWTOR!

They complain about arenas in regs because they are terrible at them... I don't think it's something new that most unranked players are horrible at arenas . Arenas pop rarely and these people have no chance to learn how to play them properly.

Arena maps are a totally different game mode with different approach to obj pvp.

Probably because on my main account, I've started a handful of games 3v4, or one even 2v4 because someone bailed - and one on team they had a couple healers, we had none. It's called balance. Much like your comment moaning about people who complain about the arena, it's hard to think that Arena still has no kind of balance in place.

It was a crap game mode when it was introduced and even more so now because players are forced to play a mode that no one wanted. And if arena didn't exist, then there would be more players for 8v8.

(Not a native, potential mistakes)

I don't understand why people whine about arenas in this game. They are, imo, the only place where you can learn to play properly in pvp. 8v8 are too messy to do that, and in general you're so team-dependant that your own personal skill doesn't matter this much. I play a sorc, and 8v8 are boring as hell. Most of the time melee class can't even approach, so I just repeat my rotation endlessly, without even practicing the kiting skills you need to have with a sorc.

So on the contrary : please give us more arenas. They would increase the general level, and also allow people to train for ranked pvp. In the current situation, I think a lot of people don't even dare to try ranked because they aren't familiar enough with arenas.

For the 3v4 / 2v4 issue : it's rare to encounter those at max levels. So it's not an issus, even if I get frustrated as well when I'm in one of those matchs.

I totally get that some people like arena - that's why we have ranked. And that's where ALL arena should be. ranked/unranked and let those who wish to do just 8v8, get on with it - with 2 queue system. Choices matter - unless you pvp.

I just find it staggering after all these years, this forum is littered with the same debates around pvp that Bioware have and will continue to ignore until the day the servers are switched off.

I'd rather watch The Last Jedi again than play arena

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I totally get that some people like arena - that's why we have ranked. And that's where ALL arena should be. ranked/unranked and let those who wish to do just 8v8, get on with it - with 2 queue system. Choices matter - unless you pvp.

I just find it staggering after all these years, this forum is littered with the same debates around pvp that Bioware have and will continue to ignore until the day the servers are switched off.

as I said, I agree with your right to leave w/e map you don't want to play for w/e reason you don't want to play it. however, two queues isn't going to happen. it's a population problem - arenas only pop when the population is too low for 8v8 in the first place. and I'm not sure how long you've been back, but apparently you haven't noticed that most WZs are just arenas with more fodder on larger maps these days (i.e., most players ignore objectives in favor of TDM).

At least that's the case on SF. I've seen less dire posts from players on DM and Snave has reported more competitive regs. I would not step foot in regs atm unless I felt like some TDM (which I often do), but if I were looking for games in which my team and the other team all tried to win, I'd find another game entirely. SWTOR regs haven't been like that for years. and now that I can't leave maps (even before the match starts, I'm less inclined to bother queuing unless it's for arena style TDM, which you can always count on).

I don't think doing two separates queue is a good idea. Longer queue time, and probably a dead end for non-ranked arena players (since a lot of pvp players seem to agree with you).

If I may : we all have our nemesis in pvp. Huttball is my least favorite, and I would love to see it in a separate queue. It pops a lot more than arenas, too. But creating a separate queue based on personnal preference is simply impossible.