companion skills

Saurat

make it so we have to choose which companions to send on which mission...blizz should get a huge bonus for scavenging for instance. jedi/sith companions should get a bonus for artifice crafting, talos should get a bonus for archaeology missions...

make it so we have to choose which companions to send on which mission...blizz should get a huge bonus for scavenging for instance. jedi/sith companions should get a bonus for artifice crafting, talos should get a bonus for archaeology missions...

we had this type of setup originally (research ftw)

(2012) [Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

it sucked. what we have now is immeasurably better

Edited by Kaveat

it sucked. what we have now is immeasurably better

Agreed, what we have now is better.

1. I've 40+ companions on my main character. Call me lazy, but I like not having to remember companion X is for doing Y and companion A is for B. I get 4 or 5 up to influence 50 on my main crafters, end of thought process.

2. I also like being able to send 8 comps out for the same mission type while I'm leveling and being assured I'll get the same results back on each, limited only by their influence level, rather than excessive failures on toons with no added capability for a given mission type.

3. I can just imagine the crap Bioware would have to go through to make each of 50+ available companions unique in crafting mission capability.

Edited by xordevoreaux

i like the setup we have now, but there only being 8 slots, and it's alphabetized so 20-30 companions normally get left out of doing stuff.

I even suggest making more slots open for it..or make more crew skill features beyond missions, put them in a "timed" slot (say it works like the mission skills, but instead of it coming back with a reward, it provides a buff for however long they are timed for) that nets you more credits, xp, renown, conquest points, greater mission reward chance, etc. i just think it was stupid of bioware to have all these alliance companion alerts when 75% of the time the companion just sits doing nothing unless they are alphabetically-priveledged to work.

this is a double edged scenario, and one that I have no intention of endorsing. Regardless of how much things may be improved, the experience of their recent antics of changes and updates is they would find some way to mess it up that only makes sense to them and leave us much worse off.

it works, better than it did, so leave it be.

i like the setup we have now, but there only being 8 slots, and it's alphabetized so 20-30 companions normally get left out of doing stuff.

It's not alphabetised, actually. It is sorted in descending order of Influence rank. If you don't scroll down to give your lower-Influence companions some love, and they fall behind as a result, well, sad to say, but *all* the fault for that is on *you*.