All my characters appear translucent/ghostly on the login screen

bob-a

Since about a month or so, all my characters appear translucent/ghostly on the login screen. This only affects their skin, not their clothes or hair.

Once they are logged in they appear normal, except that their skin color looks a bit weird during cutscenes.

I made a screenshot, but I don't see an option to attach pictures to the post.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this? I was hoping this would get fixed after the latest patch was installed, but that didn't change anything.

Since about a month or so, all my characters appear translucent/ghostly on the login screen. This only affects their skin, not their clothes or hair.

Once they are logged in they appear normal, except that their skin color looks a bit weird during cutscenes.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this? I was hoping this would get fixed after the latest patch was installed, but that didn't change anything.

Upload the screenshot to a site like imgur and post the link to it here

Are they all dark side characters? Do you have "Show Dark Side Corruption" enabled on them in the character sheet?

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/8cj2OHu.jpg

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Did you try the repair utility built into the launcher? After logging in, you should see a pulldown next to your name; the settings option there takes you to a screen with Repair option.

You could also delete the "Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\DiskCacheArena" file after shutting the game down. The game will re-create it.