Gorga Brak, SoV Hard Mode enrage mechanics

Does anyone know...or has anyone reliably reproduced what makes Gorga Brak gain "Stand and Fight" Stacks in Spirit of Vengeance hard mode? I have done this FP several times since its release, with a good healer and various group configurations. Each time, the only thing that got us through, was throwing ourselves at the boss over and over until he eventually does not build stacks enough to wipe the group. I've read the Vulk guide, scoured Reddit, and tried every suggestion imaginable to try and reliably reproduce what builds those stacks...all to no avail. No one seems to know for sure. after getting my own complete 25-time achievement, I swore to never go back into that thing again. Yet today, a guildmate needed help and I was appalled to discover that nothing had changed and nothing new has been discovered.

In the Vulk guide, commenters noted that the ability description for the bosses Energized Grapple ability states that if it is dispelled, a stack of Stand and Fight is applied. But what counts as a dispel?..traditional cc breaks don't cause stacks in most instances. This led some to think that perhaps it was something automatically triggering from certain secondary effects automatically applied from player abilities (or utilities) that could be dispelling the grapple without the players awareness. Or...even that some channeled player abilities being cast during the bosses channel of Full Auto may also be to blame. So many theories....no conclusions.

Confused yet?...so am I and everyone I have ever run this Flashpoint with. If this is functioning as intended, then I am asking if anyone knows what the correct mechanics are meant to be. If it is NOT working as intended...how has this not been addressed after all this time? I can understand if no one really knows what's broken...but can we at least acknowledge that it is? Dev response would be appreciated.

Edited by sthmnky

I have to agree. This is by far one of the most confusing mechanic i have ever seen. There are occassions you get for the entire fight nothing and then in the last 10% or so he suddenly gains 4 to 5 stacks and noone has an idea how that happend even when you do everything right.

i heard also many theories. the interupt & cooldowns are false for sure. I believed the 'don't break the root' was the most accurate reason at first.

But a recent kill has now start to question everything again about this stand & fight mechanic.

Considering how confusing it is, its ether bugged or simply not enough information is provided to the player on how to deal with it.

Interrupt Full Auto.

Basically whenever he goes full auto, a little red buff with a menacing face appears and during full auto, he can gain the stacks. I'd love to know too what abilities/whether moving causes it but ultimately if you interrupt full auto, nothing to worry about.

So interrupt full auto.

I farmed the hell of this FP when it went live to get 25 runs with various groups, including just me as heal and a DPS with our comps.

I can definitely tell what worked all the time: DO NOT break free from the root, DO interrupt Full Auto.

The thing is that a lot of people don't realize that they have abilities that also act as a CC breaker (sage/sorc's Force Barrier for instance) or utilities that will do that.

Edited by demotivator

I farmed the hell of this FP when it went live to get 25 runs with various groups, including just me as heal and a DPS with our comps.

I can definitely tell what worked all the time: DO NOT break free from the root, DO interrupt Full Auto.

The thing is that a lot of people don't realize that they have abilities that also act as a CC breaker (sage/sorc's Force Barrier for instance) or utilities that will do that.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I often am the tank in this and as such always interrupt full auto. That mechanic is clear enough. But knowing what was building the stacks was a mystery. Also having to re explain it to each new group mate was a chore. I will focus in on the roots in future runs. thank you.

An important thing is that the person with the most aggro gets guard (else the player gets targetet by the grapple).

Also I´ve run this 30+ times in master and I always break free (with god bubble too) and the boss never got stacks.

So my experience is:

- break free

- interrupt full auto

- guard healer or dps with most aggro

Bonus: if the group is above 90 % health the boss won´t use grapple

I believe the boss gets stacks everytime someone on your team uses a channeled or casted attack (not sure about heal) after he threatens you.

So if you have all melee, you are fine since almost none of them have any channeled or casted attack, most of them are instants. If you have 2 snipers on your team, ask them to play engineering as series of shots is their only real channel and ask them not to use it while he is standing still.

People are free to believe what they want (but heh this is not superstition) though you might want to ask yourself what channeled abilities have to do with his stacks whose tooltip is:

https://i.ibb.co/rvTs7Np/gorgastacks.jpg

Stand and Fight: Gorga Brak is angered you won't stand and fight, and is dealing increased damage!

This is quite self explanatory.

I also forgot: https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/stand-and-fight

Golga is enraged by your escape from his grapel

Once again: do not break free from the root. Interrupt Full Auto. But if anything else works for your group, more power to you.

Edited by demotivator

I believe the boss gets stacks everytime someone on your team uses a channeled or casted attack (not sure about heal) after he threatens you.

So if you have all melee, you are fine since almost none of them have any channeled or casted attack, most of them are instants. If you have 2 snipers on your team, ask them to play engineering as series of shots is their only real channel and ask them not to use it while he is standing still.

So were this true, Depravating Volts for a Sin Tank would trigger this? It does not.

So were this true, Depravating Volts for a Sin Tank would trigger this? It does not.

Never tried that one. We tested it out with a sorc and sniper dps,, pt was tank. I was sorc heals at the time.

But as for breaking the root, we did that all the time and never got stacks.

Edited by sithBracer