Quickdraw -> Lame sound?

Arend-Jan_

I was really disappointed after using Quickdraw, it has such a generic sound effect... This is our final move to finish off a target and should be beyond awesome, like Hasta la vista! BANG BANG ... but it sounds so lame now and it makes it look really weak. Anyone else feel this way? I know it's something very minor, but it's annoying me :p Edited by Arend-Jan_

I'm generally disappointed with the fact that our abilities make different sounds, why do my blasters suddenly sound different? It makes absolutely no sense, and is particularly aggravating when you get some of the really funky sounding blasters like the Rancors.

I did notice that it wasn't that great but I didn't really think much about it. I honestly can't recall the sound right now.

I also think that giving the skills different sounds helps keep you in a rhythm too. Not only do you know the button presses of your usual skills but also the sounds they make.

Talk about sound effects for Gunslinger shots?

This is your answer:

This sound effect is probably the most coolest sound effect a blaster can have. This is more of a blaster than any blaster in star wars.

These sidearms are called Particle Magnum's. And there are a few guns in Swtor that look very much alike. As to the sound? No where near the quality.

I am planning on starting an official thread on this as a suggestion. I'm still going to do it and going to UP it until a dev sees it. If they bring this sound effect into the Gunslinger, I will never quit this game xD

I'm generally disappointed with the fact that our abilities make different sounds, why do my blasters suddenly sound different? It makes absolutely no sense, and is particularly aggravating when you get some of the really funky sounding blasters like the Rancors.

I don't get this, of course it makes sense. You charge your blasters up, and unleash a powerful rain of blaster fire. The thing is red hot, of course the weapon is discharging in a different fashion from your regular shot, so why wouldn't it sound different?

I fail to see how identical sounding blaster shots would be more entertaining than a myriad of blams and pewpews and kabooms.

Also the sound for quickdraw is sort of lame, but it makes up for it in that it looks and feels quite satisfying. Those humungous crits make me feel good inside.

Well the animation is sort of flawed too imo... It's an instant attack but the animation makes it look like you have to charge it, because your gun fires like a second after pressing the button.

That + the underwhelming sound effect makes the move not unsatisfying enough.

I really hope someone at Bioware reads this, and knows what I'm talking about...

Edited by Arend-Jan_

I actually like how most of the specials sound like revolver shots. Gives it that Western feel and gives it a little umph.

My thoughts exactly on almost every gunslinger ability except quick draw. I like those sound effects, because smugglers are very western themed.

However, quickdraw's sound effect does suck. The animation is awesome. You spin your blasters down and fire from the hip at the target. The blasts that come out are huge and obviously powerful, because they leave humongous smoke trails. But, when you use quick draw, you're confused: "Why the hell did such a powerful shot sound like a generic (weak) blaster when charged burst, which looks slightly less powerful, sounds like you're firing a 5 round revolver at the highest speed possible. It makes charged burst kinda feel like it has more "umph" than quick draw.

I don't get this, of course it makes sense. You charge your blasters up, and unleash a powerful rain of blaster fire. The thing is red hot, of course the weapon is discharging in a different fashion from your regular shot, so why wouldn't it sound different?

I fail to see how identical sounding blaster shots would be more entertaining than a myriad of blams and pewpews and kabooms.

Also the sound for quickdraw is sort of lame, but it makes up for it in that it looks and feels quite satisfying. Those humungous crits make me feel good inside.

Except that although your blasters regular shots sound may change, and indeed charged burst changing to be louder could be rationalized from that perspective, the abilities always sound the same as opposed to sounding different for each set of blaster noises. Although I have to say charged burst and aimed shot are probably the least annoying to me, I think it's quick shots that do the "blam blam" and sound like a gunpowder weapon that really annoys me the most.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who's disappointed with this ability :p

I know it's not really a big deal, but then again maybe it's not too much trouble to improve it in an upcoming patch :p If it got something like the sound effect of Quick Shot, but then maybe a little more enhanced, it would be perfect :)

Hope someone at Bioware reads this and might take this into consideration :)

Edited by Arend-Jan_