The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No more crafting or reputation items

I don't pay a monthly subscription fee or pay you money to buy cartel coins just to get ripped off in cartel packs with reputation points i can get free in game or crafting items i can get free in game by doing missions and get as rewards you are scamming me out of my money! STOP IT

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, you can add companion gifts to that as well. I still buy cartel packs but not nearly as many as i once did. proberbly not even 10% of what I used to once buy. They simplely are not value for money.

The only saving grace is that you now can get full armor sets. Then again cannot remember that last time I got a rare armor set. Plus, I now have all the ones I want, I think the bold hellons set was the last set of armor in cartel I accually liked. What was that, 2 years ago?

Edited by DreadtechSavant

the rep items, and comp gifts, etc are there to fill it out, if they removed them, nothing else would go in it's place. They are the 'stocking fillers' to the big presents of CM items. Not to mention, the rep stuff is handy for those that want it, and don't have it...like you know, OTHER people who play the game, pay a sub, and buy cc's. Strangely enough some of these people even like the companion gifts, as it helps raise their companions....I know, crazy idea and all, but that's people for you :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't pay a monthly subscription fee or pay you money to buy cartel coins just to get ripped off in cartel packs with reputation points i can get free in game or crafting items i can get free in game by doing missions and get as rewards you are scamming me out of my money! STOP IT

I think you got your wish. I haven't seen either reputation or companion gifts in the last 4 cartel packs I've purchased. Bioware is this a glitch or was there a good reason for removing them? :confused:

Edit: The cartel packs are still dropping companion gifts as a 4th item but they compete with Dye Modules and Scrap Material. So I've been getting mostly Scrap material which is why I haven't seen the companion gifts.

Edited by Kyrielan

ill second that, at first i didnt mind it, hey i was a newcomer on the underworld. now i'm a contraband connoisseur, that's also cool, but i shouldn't keep getting reputation items for that particular faction anymore as reputation is legacy wide so can't use it on my other characters, and they're only worth around 5000 credits per unit. that being said, like someone else said they don't really drop anymore or the last $200 i spent on cartel coins, i didn't notice them coming in.