Thank the heavens the gear grind in this game is limited to end-game.

xordevoreaux

Which is why I suggested giving them bonus based around crafting and stuff. This would ask for an overhaul of crafting I think in order to take full advantage of this, but you wouldn't be locked from using your preferred companion in PvE. (I fully understand the concern, giving that I mostly play PvP right now, and my best companion is Pierce because of that.)

Think about it this way:

You're on chapter 15 of KOTFE. You have, and can only have, Scorpio with you. She's DPS. You're DPS. What you need is a comp on heals. Oh, but you can't set a comp to heals, because that feature was taken away.

You're on another chapter of KOTFE / KOTET / JUS etc., where you are limited to the companion you're given. You're a healing class. The comp given to you is a healing class. What you need is a DPS comp. Oh, but you can't set a comp to DPS , because that feature was taken away.

No thank you.

No thank you.

I preffered it how it was when companions were more varid. However back in the old days there were no where near the amount of companions there are now and for BW to have to go though each character to asign set rolls proberbly is a little inpratical. Could be done but is it worth it?

Infuance however is a poor systerm. in-game it helps but not for crew missions as all it does it reduce time nothing more. My level 50 infuance character companions fail as many crew missions as my level 2 ones do.

A bonus around "crafting and stuff" doesn't do freaking squat for a companion's sudden lack of DPS abilities.

I want to use the companion I want to use in whatever capacity that I want to use that companion, which is exactly what I can do now.

So no thank you on that. I'll fight to keep companions the way they are now.

I know, I agree with you on that point.

Like I said, keep them as they are in PvE (nerf them a bit tho, maybe. At least healing-wise) but give them on top of that unique features that applies only to crafting and ressources gathering. This way you get to have companions that can still do everything BUT retain a sense of uniqueness in the form of crafting.