The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Playable Species: Tholothians!

Isablah

• 4 weeks later...
…like Jedi Master Adi Gallia, Stass Allie and the youngling Katooni.

These would be possible although due to their similarity to humans I think they could add some hair choices for humans that resembles them so you can create them through the character creator without spending extra resources on an almost copy paste of an already in game species.

These would be possible although due to their similarity to humans I think they could add some hair choices for humans that resembles them so you can create them through the character creator without spending extra resources on an almost copy paste of an already in game species.

Except that NPCs (especially on the Empire side) would talk to them as if they were humans (er, because they would be).

You'd also miss out on all the "for aliens only" lines to say.

• 4 weeks later...
Except that NPCs (especially on the Empire side) would talk to them as if they were humans (er, because they would be).

You'd also miss out on all the "for aliens only" lines to say.

Assuming the devs did convert a -no-near-human species (like the Krex) to playable status, would it take hours or days?

Assuming the devs did convert a -no-near-human species (like the Krex) to playable status, would it take hours or days?

More likely weeks. Not *dozens* of weeks, but not just one, either, depending on how many people they put to work on it. Bear in mind that there are limits on how finely you can divide a large project.

I'd love to see more alien species, ones that look different enough, so they aren't human, but still fit in with BW's "Rules"

Tholothians are fine, but I'd like something that doesn't resemble fish. We've had cats, fish, surely it's time for a little devil

😈😈😈😈

• 1 month later...
I vote all three. All of them are human with a few differences. So time to start making new races.

I would like to add a +1 to all three as well!

I would also like to suggest that Zeltrons and Echani would have the standard ability to wear headpieces like the original species and Cathar, as opposed to the Togruta, Nautolan, and probably Tholotians, who have complex heads that make headgear impossible. Zeltrons and Echani have regular head designs, so it would be nice to see them be able to interact with headgear as well.