Missing Quest Giver on Ord Mantel: Lieutenant Xorem

Nebdar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am having this bug aswell where i can see the name of this questgiver plus the quest icon above but no character to click on.

why is this still bugged........................................................................................................

On 7/21/2022 at 12:47 PM, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

The bug regarding Lieutenant Xorem on Ord Mantell is still encountered by several players.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

Are they still looking or they actually doing something about this? 

Slightly annoyed.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this bug myself. Logged off my desktop and loaded the game on my laptop and I can see him fine on my laptop. I can only see his floating name and mission quest indicator, not his character on my desktop.

Picked up the mission while on my laptop. Gonna switch back to my desktop and will see what happens when I finish the mission.

Edited by Bar-Da-Voya

Still having this issue too.  Why did they change his appearance anyway?  A friend helped me get into the dialog.  He had slicked back hair, clean-shave, and that sort of shadow/tan thing like he'd been wearing goggles.. for so long.. now he's bearded with "Elara Dorn pulled back bun" hair.   Why?  

• 2 weeks later...

Just ran into this bug for the first time today. I've run this character with every other pub-side tech character I've ever made, one of them recently, and it was fine. But today it decided it was done working. So in case anyone is wondering, it's still bugged.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 5:47 AM, CommunityTeam said:

Hi folks,

The bug regarding Lieutenant Xorem on Ord Mantell is still encountered by several players.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

Almost a year later, and still no "Update", quest giver still not able to be interacted with.

Bugged on my Smuggler Scoundrel.  Tested on my first character from launch; bugged on them also.  

A simple fix they could implement:  Right click on portraits acts the same as activating an npc on right click thus accepting the quest(s).

Edited by Inokis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never had an issue with this bug before, though I see it goes back a couple years. However, my luck has apparently run out and I've encountered it recently with every new toon I've created in the last few months. So, just reporting in that in July 2023, its still happening. SMH.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I heard someone say that this bug seems to be specific to AMD

they didn't specify wether it was AMD CPU or GPU, but i can confirm my friend with and AMD CPU was not able to see him while i was able to on intel. we both have an nvidia card.

Can those experiencing this confirm wether this is the case?

Edited by MotherCrusher

On 9/25/2023 at 5:36 PM, MotherCrusher said:

they didn't specify wether it was AMD CPU or GPU, but i can confirm my friend with and AMD CPU was not able to see him while i was able to on intel. we both have an nvidia card.

I'm ignorant when it comes to videogame coding and all that. But, hear me out, how can other, basically ALL Npcs, show up normally and this singular ONE is invisible and SOMEHOW it has something to do with the video card we use? And it's been here for a year. So you are telling me, no dev, could have just read this forum post one day at work and though hm.. let me write an email to Jane at software engineering AND JANE HASN'T RESPONDED IN A YEAR?!

Edited by felleto

36 minutes ago, felleto said:

I'm ignorant when it comes to videogame coding and all that. But, hear me out, how can other, basically ALL Npcs, show up normally and this singular ONE is invisible and SOMEHOW it has something to do with the video card we use? And it's been here for a year. So you are telling me, no dev, could have just read this forum post one day at work and though hm.. let me write an email to Jane at software engineering AND JANE HASN'T RESPONDED IN A YEAR?!

*shrug* just trying to find connections here, but it is entirely possible.

If my theory is correct tho it has nothing to do with your video card, but processors. i just need a few people who have him invisible to confirm if they are using AMD processors or not.

This is not saying there's something wrong with on the side of the player - its entirely potato coding from bioware regardless.

Edited by MotherCrusher

1 minute ago, MotherCrusher said:

*shrug* just trying to find connections here, but it is entirely possible.

If my theory is correct tho it has nothing to do with your video card, but processors. i just need a few people who have him invisible to confirm if they are using AMD processors or not.

This is not saying there's something wrong with on the side of the player - its entirely potato coding from bioware regardless.

I have an AMD processor and he is invisible

Just now, felleto said:

I have an AMD processor and he is invisible

That makes you the third person i know of with an AMD processor who sees him as invisible, while every person i asked that could see him had intel. It seems to almost certainly be connected to it for... whatever strange reason, spaghetti coding i guess

1 minute ago, MotherCrusher said:

That makes you the third person i know of with an AMD processor who sees him as invisible, while every person i asked that could see him had intel. It seems to almost certainly be connected to it for... whatever strange reason, spaghetti coding i guess

For god sakes Jane read your inbox.

On 9/26/2023 at 12:36 AM, MotherCrusher said:

They confirmed that the npc is invisible on Ryzen processors.

They did not mention anything about GPUs being related.