The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bring a Chest/Boot Armor mount to the fold already

Foxrynn

I feel like the ground work is already there. Can we please have a dedicated mount that actives chest armor jetpacks and/or rocket boots? It wouldn't take away from the already existing legacy Rocket Boost seeing as how there's plenty of zones that restrict dedicated mount movement that the Rocket Boost capitalizes on.

Presumably it would be activated like any other mount, and just "borrow" the Rocket Boost animation.
Edited by Foxrynn

When/how does it activate? The current armor flairs, and attachments, activate while Pressing z or entering combat. Mounts can't be activate while in combat. Plus most characters can't use mounts until level 10, and that's after they buy the license. I see some difficult coding required to make this happen.

I think it would be cool as a tuning like object, which is always visible, specific to chest/boots. It could have it's own hot key, and requires the speeder license to use.

Edited by AFadedMemory

When/how does it activate? The current armor flairs, and attachments, activate while Pressing z or entering combat. Mounts can't be activate while in combat. Plus most characters can't use mounts until level 10, and that's after they buy the license. I see some difficult coding required to make this happen.

I think it would be cool as a tuning like object, which is always visible, specific to chest/boots. It could have it's own hot key, and requires the speeder license to use.

Presumably it would be activated like any other mount, and just "borrow" the Rocket Boost animation.

The way I see it, it would *look* exactly the same as Rocket Boost looks on your character (or, if you don't *have* Rocket Boost, like it *would* look if you did have it, naturally).

ah, I thought you wanted the effect to look as if it was coming from the back pack. I can imagine someone without a backpack having flames floating above them...lol

ah, I thought you wanted the effect to look as if it was coming from the back pack. I can imagine someone without a backpack having flames floating above them...lol

There's a few very skimpy sets (notably one particular "Dancer" set) where Rocket Boost appears as two little rocket tubes where a rocket backpack *would* be if you had one, except you don't.

I feel like the ground work is already there. Can we please have a dedicated mount that actives chest armor jetpacks and/or rocket boots? It wouldn't take away from the already existing legacy Rocket Boost seeing as how there's plenty of zones that restrict dedicated mount movement that the Rocket Boost capitalizes on.

I'd have to ask, why?