The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Redoubt Augments, what are they good for?

Gnostiel

Is there a class that uses redoubt augments? Are they better for pvp or pve? I read that they were a tank augment but have never seen one use it, most use shield and absorb. They seem like they would be a good pvp augment for for both tank and nontank characters, any help in clarifying this is appreciated.

Is there a class that uses redoubt augments? Are they better for pvp or pve? I read that they were a tank augment but have never seen one use it, most use shield and absorb. They seem like they would be a good pvp augment for for both tank and nontank characters, any help in clarifying this is appreciated.

Redoubt augments focus primarily on the Defense Rating attribute with a secondary focus on Endurance. In truth, they're not very good. They've been ignored for a very long time. Tanks, real tanks, not DPS tanks (Skank Tanks), should use Shield and Absorb augments. I use 7 of each, but that's my personal preference. The non-lettered tank mods give you more than enough defense if you choose to use them.