Echoes of Oblivion Dialogue Issues (SPOILERS)

GuerillaTech

During the start of Echoes of Oblivion Theron Shan walks up to me and tells me he has to go with me, Lord Scourge, and Kira Carsen to save Satele Shan. He mentions that he had already lost one parent and he doesn't want to lose another.

Here's the thing.... Jace Malcom survived Iokath and Empress Acina died.

This harkens back to the bug that flags Jace Malcom and Empress Acina as both dead regardless of your choices.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=960537&highlight=jace+malcom+dead

I believe we were told (correct me if i'm wrong) that this was just a visual bug in the Companions & Contacts window and it wouldn't cause story issues later on down the line.

Every single Imperial I have had sided with the Republic on Iokath, killing Empress Acina and ensuring Jace Malcom lives. Every single Imperial has the same Companions & Contacts bug. I guess I'll have to wait for a bugfix before playing through this part of the story as an Imperial.

I only did it on Jedi Knight who sided with Republic. No strange dialogue. Was planning on doing my Imperial Agent who sided with Repulbic next. I will have to pay extra attention to what Theron says. Of course on my dark side jedi shadow who who sided with the Empire. Theron is dead. Should be interesting ending of the mission for him.

Ah, I reported this in another thread, not realising your topic had covered it. I'm experiencing this problem too! However, I'm only experiencing it with one character, a consistent saboteur. For an Imperial who sided with Jace on Iokath but didn't become a saboteur, he's showing up as alive in the contacts window. Edited by Estelindis

Had the same issue. My characters who were around to be hit with the bug initially when Jedi Under Siege came out have got it again, whilst my newer Imperials who were made since the bug was 'fixed' did not get Theron acting like his father was dead/contacts say he and Acina are both dead. It only seems to have triggered on my older Imperials.