The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer Armor Sets?

arunav

If these could be designed, reflecting the team's ability to make really nice designs now compared to what was possible at launch, generally speaking, players could have access to a good Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer armor that isn't tied to the Collector's Edition vendor.

It seems putting even reskins of those sets in the game is controversial, even though most subscriber reward exclusives have been brought back.

I don't mind this, of course, as people should just enjoy the game and what's in it if they are newer. But the CE armor sets, both the Republic Officer and the Imperial Trooper, have been inaccessible for almost 9 years now. For the former, at least some versions of it can be pieced together, for the most part, from different parts of the game. This is not the case for the Imperial Trooper armor.

I'd like to use the latter on certain companions and Agent characters, for example. Others may have different purposes in mind.

As such, can new designs be put in the CM for these categories? Or, can a reskin of the CE Imperial Trooper set be added to the CM, leaving the one from the CE still unique?

This has no doubt come up before, but I thought since so much time has passed since the CE came out with the game, maybe the issue could be revisited. CE owners on the forums will no doubt protest vocally, but I'm fairly certain the number still playing regularly is quite low, and the 2 armors associated with the CE are fairly ordinary but useful.

Please try and address this somehow, whether through new designs or reskins of the CE sets.

Edited by arunav

Dunno. I got hold of access to the CE vendor back in February. There are still old CE sets out there if you can find a trustworthy vendor. (On Amazon, look for it being shipped by Amazon, since that means it comes from Amazon's warehouse. I'd guess that most dodgy people would be reluctant to stock their items there.)

Now, there's a separate debate about having a digital-only version of the Collector's Edition available from the SWTOR web store. I think it's a good idea, but opinions on the subject vary wildly.

Dunno. I got hold of access to the CE vendor back in February. There are still old CE sets out there if you can find a trustworthy vendor. (On Amazon, look for it being shipped by Amazon, since that means it comes from Amazon's warehouse. I'd guess that most dodgy people would be reluctant to stock their items there.)

Now, there's a separate debate about having a digital-only version of the Collector's Edition available from the SWTOR web store. I think it's a good idea, but opinions on the subject vary wildly.

I had the opportunity to buy one for $30 in summer 2012 when stores were getting rid of them, and didn't for whatever reason (and regret it). So now, whatever the price is, will really seem not worth it, in comparison. I have no interest in the physical contents, which is probably the reason I didn't buy it back then.

I'd certainly buy a digital version if it were made available for the 2 armor sets. That's a very reasonable compromise. The few CE owners I come across seem to be very... territorial about access to the CE vendor, though. I don't want anyone to die of a stroke because they see new players or founders who didn't buy the CE have the armor sets on a companion.

I'd certainly buy a digital version if it were made available for the 2 armor sets. That's a very reasonable compromise. The few CE owners I come across seem to be very... territorial about access to the CE vendor, though. I don't want anyone to die of a stroke because they see new players or founders who didn't buy the CE have the armor sets on a companion.

Oh dear. That has inspired me to take some of my impsiders to equip Pierce with that set(1). Maybe Quinn as well. (Except Xalari, because she killed the backstabbing rat.(2))

(1) Just to annoy people who might be, as you say, territorial about it.

(2) Lana was ... shocked.

you can get it on ebay too, you just have to be careful, and look at the auction, and make sure it's sealed, and of course the sellers ratings. Mine came from ebay, and it was sealed, with all intact. The security key was still powered, etc. And I was lucky enough to get a great deal

I do have the imp sets on chars, and comps...lol, even used the black / yellow dye for some (available from the CM vendor)

Edited by DarkTergon

eBay seller ratings aren't 100% reliable.

I refer you to the notorious case of "thebarry". He built up a huge positive reputation, 17000+ if memory serves, then one day took a bunch of money from buyers and went on the run without delivering their goods. He ended up getting three and a half years in Club Fed for it. I know about it because one of the buyers who didn't get their goods was the late Mrs Cynic. The FBI sent out letters to all the people whose money was stolen, of the "You may have been the victim of a federal crime" sort. The look on Mrs Cynic's face when I told her, "You have a letter from the FBI," was priceless.

https://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/board/mboard.pl/ecttalkback/thread7452/7452.html

eBay seller ratings aren't 100% reliable.

I refer you to the notorious case of "thebarry". He built up a huge positive reputation, 17000+ if memory serves, then one day took a bunch of money from buyers and went on the run without delivering their goods. He ended up getting three and a half years in Club Fed for it. I know about it because one of the buyers who didn't get their goods was the late Mrs Cynic. The FBI sent out letters to all the people whose money was stolen, of the "You may have been the victim of a federal crime" sort. The look on Mrs Cynic's face when I told her, "You have a letter from the FBI," was priceless.

https://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/board/mboard.pl/ecttalkback/thread7452/7452.html

I can imagine the look was priceless. But your right, ebay ratings aren't 100%, but I'd like to think 'thebarry' was an exception, rather than the rule. But at least if you use paypal with ebay, you'll get your money back.

on a side note, I got mine a few years back from ebay, and the delivery company messed up, and it ended up getting sent back to the buyer, but luckily enough he lived up to his rating, and sent it back out. Not sure if it cost him any extra, but he contacted the company and got it resent.

Edited by DarkTergon

• 1 month later...
Please. Civilian pilot is a decent substitute but it's super grindy and there's only one good-looking imp trooper set that doesn't have glowy bits. There's the makeb reputation armor but it's not the same one and it doesn't dye well. Just make a collector's edition code available from the site ffs.

As the owner of 4 CE boxes from launch, I'd be perfectly ok with this compromise. I object to people getting access for free, especially since the CE vendor never lived up to what was promised anyway, but I'd be happy for them to sell a digital CE upgrade.

As the owner of 4 CE boxes from launch, I'd be perfectly ok with this compromise. I object to people getting access for free, especially since the CE vendor never lived up to what was promised anyway, but I'd be happy for them to sell a digital CE upgrade.

Yep, same here. If people can buy access like I did, that's fine; if people can get it for free, that's a little frustrating.