Area Heroics removed from the game?

Hi,

I was wondering whether the Area Heroics (those that triggered when entering an area) were all removed. I wanted to play "Assault on Fort Alde" (once a Heroic Area on Alderaan, near Outpost Talarn), but it doesn´t trigger anymore, and also the enemies in this area (which is still denominated Heroic Area) were all downgraded. I do remember at least two other Heroic areas, one on Dromund Kaas, south of Kaas City (Hadra´s Defeat) and one on Hoth, near the Starship Graveyard.

Were they really removed, or do you have to trigger them somehow differently?

Cheers,

Tarisknight

Edited by TarisKnight

Area missions in general were converted into missions that you accept from an NPC, specifically a "Recon Droid" near the edge of the mission's area. You have to turn on "Show Exploration Missions" in the map panel to enable them as mission-givers.

EDIT: I know of one on Oricon that is still an actual area mission, the one to gun down or slice-and-dice, depending on your weapon preferences, fifty assorted foes.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Thank you for your replies.

Indeed, switching the map option "show exploration missions" on enabled the recon droid quest giver. I never figured that a map option would have an impact on quest givers.

Nevertheless, It is somewhat disappointing that they turned these challenging Heroic Missions into these simple missions. They could at least turned them into a Heroic 2+. This is really a pity because I have some fond memories of these Heroics.

Cheers

Nevertheless, It is somewhat disappointing that they turned these challenging Heroic Missions into these simple missions. They could at least turned them into a Heroic 2+. This is really a pity because I have some fond memories of these Heroics.

Most of those missions were never intended to be heroics, since you picked them up randomly and automatically wandering through the world. That being said, the imperial [AREA] heroic in Fort Alde on Alderaan could have been turned into a phase and therefore made into a H2. But the Gormaak Lands on Voss one could not be changed, so its more of an exploration mission. I'm sure there are examples of others on both sides of this fulcrum, but the latter seem far more prevalent.

In any event, possibly a target for the "planetary content refresh" happening Soon. Hopefully along with:

(*) restoration/renovation of the old special color crystal missions (e.g. the Ilum Force Ghost requiring adegan crystals and pure shockfrozen water for Magenta) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9885144#post9885144

(*) the missing cutscenes from all planetary heroics

(*) planetary heroics missing entirely

I know of one on Oricon that is still an actual area mission, the one to gun down or slice-and-dice, depending on your weapon preferences, fifty assorted foes.

There is an area mission on Section X as well near the Frozen Lake in north-west corner; it is assigned automatically.

In addition to these two, the [AREA] mission for the three Gree event world bosses is also automatically granted like the original vanilla [AREA] missions.