The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please make "HK-55 Chapter: Shroud of Memory" tradable

KonichiwaWitch

Hello,

Hello, I have been subbed to SWTOR for many years, and have played off an on since launch. I wanted to purchase the HK-55 Chapter: Shroud of Memory quest for a friend. However, when purchasing the item, to my dismay I see that not only is it bound, I received no warning that it was bound and also that I already have this content due to my subscriber status. It would not be such a big deal, but it is very expensive content.

Please make this tradable after a cooldown period, or provide additional warnings when purchasing, thank you.

This is disappointing as I was going to buy it for a friend.

If they don't want to make it tradeable maybe they could implement a gifting system through the CM?

Edit: Although I don't know why originally being a sub reward would make a difference. They've put it out there on the CM for anyone to buy, why would they care if it was tradeable? You don't even have to be a sub to buy it.

Edited by Elessara

Edit: Although I don't know why originally being a sub reward would make a difference. They've put it out there on the CM for anyone to buy, why would they care if it was tradeable?

Not sure, but it's the only reason I can think of for it being like that.

You don't even have to be a sub to buy it.

Do you have to be a sub to play the chapter though?

Not sure, but it's the only reason I can think of for it being like that.

Do you have to be a sub to play the chapter though?

It would seem really odd if you could buy the chapter but not play it so I'm assuming you don't need to be a sub to do so. You may have needed to sub at some time in the past to have access to KotFE though as you do need to complete through chapter 9 (and possibly To Find a Findsman).

It would seem really odd if you could buy the chapter but not play it so I'm assuming you don't need to be a sub to do so. You may have needed to sub at some time in the past to have access to KotFE though as you do need to complete through chapter 9 (and possibly To Find a Findsman).

It says on the item, you need to be able to play Kotfe, and you used to have to be a sub to do that , unless it's changed. So chances are only subs can use it. But I'm not wasting CC's on a non sub account to test this...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

It says on the item, you need to be able to play Kotfe, and you used to have to be a sub to do that (unless that's changed) , unless it's changed. So chances are only subs can use it. But I'm not wasting CC's on a non sub account to test this...lol

Yeah and I'm not letting my sub lapse to test it either lol. :p

It says on the item, you need to be able to play Kotfe, and you used to have to be a sub to do that , unless it's changed. So chances are only subs can use it. But I'm not wasting CC's on a non sub account to test this...lol

You need to be a sub to *unlock* KotFE. Once it's unlocked, if you drop back to Preferred, it remains playable.

Hello,

Hello, I have been subbed to SWTOR for many years, and have played off an on since launch. I wanted to purchase the HK-55 Chapter: Shroud of Memory quest for a friend. However, when purchasing the item, to my dismay I see that not only is it bound, I received no warning that it was bound and also that I already have this content due to my subscriber status. It would not be such a big deal, but it is very expensive content.

Please make this tradable after a cooldown period, or provide additional warnings when purchasing, thank you.

it does have a warning. When you click on the item in the Market, if you look at the description on the right and scroll down it says:

"This unique item is not able to be traded or sold on the GTN."

So they already did what you suggested when it was added which is add a warning. You just need to scroll and read the full description to see it.