Acolyte of Fear stops granting renown, conquest, or loot

phalczen

I have been waiting for the Harbinger of Fear to spawn on Oricon. The placeholder npc, Acolyte of Fear, has spawned 16 times so far for me between 3 am and 4:39 am on Monday Sept 7, 2020 on the Satele Shan server at or around coordinates X -284 Y -114 Z -1, however, the last 4 times I have killed it, the Acolyte has not given any renown, conquest, or loot. It gave renown, conquest, and loot the first 12 times I killed it.

I'm not preventing anyone from killing this, there are only 3 people on the republic side on Oricon right now. I wouldn't have a problem if someone was waiting, but I'd love to know if this is intended or not.

Killed it two more times and nothing. I don't mind the fact that camping exists, all MMOs seem to have it to some extent, but if the Devs are going to implement an anti-camping debuff on players or something, then they shouldn't have placeholder npcs.

I tried to kill some of the other dread guard forces around, I got renown and conquest from them, and some loot, but then killed the Acolyte for try #19 and it still didn't grant renown or conquest.

Honestly, stopping xp gain? If I'm camping a single NPC with a 5 min respawn timer as a way to grind renown or conquest, then I am playing the game wrong.

Wonder if this is occurring with Martinique Desler?

EDIT: after being logged out for about 30-45 minutes, I am earning renown again.

Edited by phalczen