Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Add a 7th Quickbar. abilities take up 4-5 quickbars; & some of us have a lot of stuff

Really, what would it hurt to give players the option of a 7th quickbar? If you don't want it, nobody is forcing you to use it.

for me, reaction time and speed are crucial in raiding. there are many more abilities since the initial years of this game with 6 quickbars.

About 10 years with a 6 quickbar max, it's <outdated>.

6 quickbars is so cramped and pretty spartan these days (especially for many NiM/ MM raiders), also with MM ops items and new various abilities.

some people will use 7, some won't; either way, what harm is there giving players a 7th quickbar option?

Edited by BlackSilverFire

You clearly don't have any MM/ NiM items or do MM ops, Steve.

I've done MM Ops, not NiM, but I can imagine you'd use the same abilities, just faster, more precise, etc. I've never had to use more than 2.5 of the quick bars for the missions. So this has nothing to do with raiding. It's just a red herring.

I've 3 bars on most accounts filled with 'essential' buttons, options, whatever you want to call them. But my other three are usually empty, or filled with frippery's .

I don't think a 7th bar is NEEDED, but it would be useful, especially for collectors, who use a lot of their frippery's

I've done MM Ops, not NiM, but I can imagine you'd use the same abilities, just faster, more precise, etc. I've never had to use more than 2.5 of the quick bars for the missions. So this has nothing to do with raiding. It's just a red herring.

I've 3 bars on most accounts filled with 'essential' buttons, options, whatever you want to call them. But my other three are usually empty, or filled with frippery's .

I don't think a 7th bar is NEEDED, but it would be useful, especially for collectors, who use a lot of their frippery's

Cramming all your fighting abilities together may work for you, somehow (if so, more power to ya), but doesn't work for most people I know (self included). No, I can tell you for mates and I, we like response time maxed: meaning from stims, Revan vendor, raid items to (basic) few common quick travels. Here's a lot but not everything on 6 bars: 4 bars to separate character abilities: 3 fighting/ heals, 4th for heroic moments, character buffs, dehate, breaks, group triggers. Last 2 bars, regen(2 max), stims, quick travels, mailbox, portable bays, trainer, mounts, and Revan or robot vendor. Anything that cuts the/ minimizes <drag> (what my guild call it) while raiding; as 1+ people can hold up several or more.

So, what works for you and Steve works for you.

It's disingenuous for anyone to act like their way of doing things is the be all end all. <People just organize things differently.>

(Yes, collector's can definitely benefit from 1 more quickbar, too.)

Put less frippery in your quickbars?

Aside from your facetious comment; It's really not that big of a deal, considering all the other content being ask for in forum, *just adding <1> quickbar pales to most.

Some could really use it, some not.

Charge for it and make more money, BioWare.

Don't want to use it, just don't use it (and it's there if you want it.)

Cramming all your fighting abilities together may work for you, somehow (if so, more power to ya), but doesn't work for most people I know (self included).

All you need in an op is your abilities, you'd have them in the easiest quickest place to reach, together and handy.

C meaning from stims, Revan vendor, raid items to (basic) few common quick travels. Here's a lot but not everything on 6 bars: 4 bars to separate character abilities: 3 fighting/ heals, 4th for heroic moments, character buffs, dehate, breaks, group triggers. Last 2 bars, regen(2 max), stims, quick travels, mailbox, portable bays, trainer, mounts, and Revan or robot vendor. Anything that cuts the/ minimizes <drag> (what my guild call it) while raiding; as 1+ people can hold up several or more.

So, what works for you and Steve works for you. It's disingenuous for anyone to act like their way of doing things is the be all end all. <People just organize things differently.>

(Yes, collector's can definitely benefit from 1 more quickbar, too.)

All the rest of this is done before/after combat, ie, popping stims, bringing up vendors, so they don't need to be there.

Basically all you NEED in front of you are what you are going to use during combat. You were the one thumbing your nose at steves supposed lack of experience. I'm just pointing out that you don't NEED all the bars for an op. Choosing to have them is different, which is why I said a seventh could be useful.

<People just organize things differently.> - Nothing wrong with that, it's all good :) I've seen some crazy UI/set up on peoples games, that would drive me nuts, but it works for them.

Also "4th for heroic moments" , they have their own bar, and can't be used during ops, unless you pop out, bring out you comp, pop it, jump back in, and hopefully get to where everyone else is before it runs out. (assuming it stays active once you pop back in (I've never tested that)

Edited by DarkTergon

All you need in an op is your abilities, you'd have them in the easiest quickest place to reach, together and handy.

All the rest of this is done before/after combat, ie, popping stims, bringing up vendors, so they don't need to be there.

Basically all you NEED in front of you are what you are going to use during combat. You were the one thumbing your nose at steves supposed lack of experience. I'm just pointing out that you don't NEED all the bars for an op. Choosing to have them is different, which is why I said a seventh could be useful.

<People just organize things differently.> - Nothing wrong with that, it's all good :) I've seen some crazy UI/set up on peoples games, that would drive me nuts, but it works for them.

Also "4th for heroic moments" , they have their own bar, and can't be used during ops, unless you pop out, bring out you comp, pop it, jump back in, and hopefully get to where everyone else is before it runs out. (assuming it stays active once you pop back in (I've never tested that)

Events do come up and often, at least in my guild (and some others I've seen/ helped) where having a mailbox, portable bays, Revan/ droid (especially in MM where the inventory fills up quick) come in handy (among some other scenarios). (Other than that, I really don't want to redo my bars after every ops session, so I've a seamless transition if I want to do dailes and such.)

But, yes, to each their own:)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^Funny, when the negative replies in this thread are implying the 7th Quickbar would just be used for "toys and fluff" and "flippery"

Frippery, with an R, if you please. And that was in response to a post complaining about how there wasn't room for lots of, among other things, speeders and regen toys. Once you have one speeder and one regen toy/abilty of some kind(1) on your quickbars, any more that you add are frippery.

That's not to say that you shouldn't have those things in your quickbars, but if you do, it's not really valid to complain that your quickbars are full.

(1) Some species have a "social" ability that functions as an out-of-combat regen.

Frippery, with an R, if you please. And that was in response to a post complaining about how there wasn't room for lots of, among other things, speeders and regen toys. Once you have one speeder and one regen toy/abilty of some kind(1) on your quickbars, any more that you add are frippery.

That's not to say that you shouldn't have those things in your quickbars, but if you do, it's not really valid to complain that your quickbars are full.

(1) Some species have a "social" ability that functions as an out-of-combat regen.

^That's your opinion, as it's perfectly valid as players play as the choose to: the equivalent of an old BioWare catchphrase. You wouldn't use it, it seems, and that's fine. Others would, and there are already Additional Quickbars on the Cartel Market..., so 1 more shouldn't be surprising after 10 years and all the different stuff that people have grinded for that can go on a quickbar over a decade.

OP gets my +1 Signed and Supported, though.

Edited by Willjb

Events do come up and often, at least in my guild (and some others I've seen/ helped) where having a mailbox, portable bays, Revan/ droid (especially in MM where the inventory fills up quick) come in handy (among some other scenarios). (Other than that, I really don't want to redo my bars after every ops session, so I've a seamless transition if I want to do dailes and such.)

But, yes, to each their own:)

I can see your reasons behind it, and as I've said, I'm not against it, I've toons that have lots of frippery , and an extra bar would be fun. But I think it should just be added, and not put on the CM, as subs, we deserve that much :) And also, added to non subs too, give them a little boost

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.