Romance work around? (Spoilers through end of Jedi Under Siege: Imp

Gremthei

My main is a DS Marauder and I just got her up through Jedi Under Siege (sticking with Imp side,) This, of course, means that I just got the Jaesa companion alert. Having already progressed up through the proposal to Lana, and having wished back when I was doing my class story that they would let a female romance DS Jaesa, I picked that option, and now regret it, as she's far less interesting overall. I know there isn't any way to undo a choice like this on the same character (already tried replaying KOFE Chapter IX, where you lock in the Lana romance, and didnt get any Flirt options) but does any one have suggestions on the least inconvenient way to find a work around. I obviously have an OUtlander token I can use to make a new toon, at lvl 70. If I do tht, can I skip straight to SOR (or Makeb, and then SOR Prelude) without having to replay my class story again, or would I need to replay my everything from lvl 1 again?

I wouldn't reallly mind the former option much, as I could blow through it pretty fast if I was already at 70 and it would allow me to try out some other different options, but it's not worth going through everything from the beginning.

Of course, if anyone does happen to know a way to end the Jaesa romance and restart the Lana one that would be great, but II'm pretty confident there isn't one cause it doesn't seem to fit the design philosophy of the game (i.e. making choices mattter by enforcing them irrevocably)

Anyway, thanks.

Alice

I've done this on several toons picking up the Lana romance with the new quests and then starting the romance. Once the old comp comes back into the picture you can continue the relationship. Doing so gives you a quest with Lana called Things Left Unsaid, the break up quest BUT there is a way to avoid breaking up. Basically just don't touch the quest don't talk to her or complete it, completing it breaks you two up. Not completing it you will continue to go through the romance story scenes. (Just untrack the quest and forget about it works for me)

I just recently made a 2nd smuggler and was curious if I was able to marry Akaavi and Risha at the same time, so what I did was all of Risha's quests. Then right before I started the newer quest chains I had accumulated all of Akaavi's quests so I did them all and was able to marry her also. Then after ET since I already had one smuggler married to Risha I figured I'd head over to the Tatooine Alliance Alert first (where you get Akaavi and Mako). And she greeted me as if we were in a romance before, so that's where I continued it. That's when I got the "Things left unsaid" quest from Lana (but haven't completed it).

I then went to Nar Shadaa where the Corso/Risha alert is, and I tried multiple answers til I did it for sure but she didn't give me any romance type options was basically just as if we had been friends. I figured you could get away with 2 but 3 had to be a longshot. The only reason why I think before completing the Akaavi alert that Risha was also married to me was cause she would frequently send me a love letter with a companion gift in it.

But do this at your own caution there's no telling if they will eventually fix this, and it will cause you to lose out on both romances or just 1. But I have like 20 toons figured I could take the chance on a couple and see what happens. Just so happened to be the smuggler (scoundrel) was the one I figured it out on lol.

As for your answer OP you cannot "redo" romances, they're once you go a certain way that's the way they're going. Like if you read what I wrote just choosing to get with the old companion breaks you two up, but it's not fully set in stone til you complete the quest. I keep getting her romance scenes even after taking back the old comp. I got Akaavi back right after ET and when I did some of the Iokath story we had like a kissing option when I finally made it back to the fleet spire. You won't be able to do it on that toon the way you want but if you make another warrior for the other class you will have some of this knowledge to know how to better help your decisions.

Edited by Bxvx

Using a Commander's Character token will allow you to start at level 60, at the beginning of Fallen Empire, or at level 70, at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege. In either case all prior main story missions (class story, SoR, companion conversations/missions, etc., but not Ilum, Makeb, or planetary arcs) will be auto completed and not available to play. If you do use a Commander's Character token in order to romance Lana again you will need to start at level 60. If you start at level 70 then Fallen Empire will be auto completed so you will not be able to play through those chapters and romance Lana.

Using a Commander's Character token will allow you to start at level 60, at the beginning of Fallen Empire, or at level 70, at the beginning of Jedi Under Siege. In either case all prior main story missions (class story, SoR, companion conversations/missions, etc., but not Ilum, Makeb, or planetary arcs) will be auto completed and not available to play. If you do use a Commander's Character token in order to romance Lana again you will need to start at level 60. If you start at level 70 then Fallen Empire will be auto completed so you will not be able to play through those chapters and romance Lana.

That's very true, I personally don't bother with the level boosters. Just cause it's so easy to level and I'm always super afraid something will be auto completed that wasn't something I wanted to pick. But if those things don't bother you, and you don't have the time (work/family life) then the boost is a good way to go. Just make sure you ask questions before hand to find out what your in for cause once you boost its one and done.

That's very true, I personally don't bother with the level boosters. Just cause it's so easy to level and I'm always super afraid something will be auto completed that wasn't something I wanted to pick. But if those things don't bother you, and you don't have the time (work/family life) then the boost is a good way to go. Just make sure you ask questions before hand to find out what your in for cause once you boost its one and done.

It's not worth worrying about unless:

* You have a character of either faction who wanders back and forth between Dark decisions and Light decisions.

* You have a dedicated Light-side Impsider

* You have a dedicated Dark-side Pubsider

It's not worth worrying about unless:

* You have a character of either faction who wanders back and forth between Dark decisions and Light decisions.

* You have a dedicated Light-side Impsider

* You have a dedicated Dark-side Pubsider

I guess that's true, I just love leveling toons maybe lol. I have 2 boosts a 60 and 70, just never use them. Was considering starting on the other server since I'm about full up on toons for this one, so maybe if I can use it on that one I will.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I've had two bugged romances with this game.

The first was with the Inquisitor. Revel.....somehow...got the idea that we were in a relationship despite very firm "NO"s. This made the relationship E-mails quite creepy. I almost left him to rot as Inquisitor when he rejoins.....but he doesn't show up for any other toon and, even though my Inquisitor is dark side all the way, there is some value to her in keeping him around.

The other was my Sith Warrior and Lana where a bug broke them up. This is a pity as Lana really compliments my SW. (I decided that my head canon is that those two keep their work and relationship separate and private. In some ways, this makes more sense as continually locking lips in front of Theron sometimes seems a bit awkward.)

Unfortunately, there really is no way to work around it other than to watch Youtube videos and relate that to how your character would react.