DPS issue with trash?

Stormwinds

Hi,

I am new Operative (Lethality) and trying to do well in MM FPs atm.

Still farming for set armor and I have 3/7 from Tactical no augments atm.

Following this guide and trying to memorize the rotation:

https://vulkk.com/2019/12/03/swtor-6-0-lethality-operative-guide/

Still its so situational that you cant use that rota with trash mobs or groups of enemies.

I always get very low dps then between 4k and max 6k or 7k.

So what is the best rotation of skills to use for lets say

-) group of 3-5 trash mobs and if you really need to push out a lot of dmg on a single target that is dead really quick, even though I am "Lethality"!

Most of the time mobs are dead before I even get to use real damage skills and only applied my dots.

I know his main dps strength comes from dots and with end bosses I am not that terrible, where I "suck" are the trash mobs apparently when I look at starparse.

The normal grenade is actually the hardest AOE hit you have.

Toxic Haze should be used on pretty much every trash pull. It stuns weaks, spreads your dot and does some damage.

Keep both your dots out and spread as best you can if there is time.

Use knives only to spread dots (if haze on CD) or as filler when you waiting for your normal grenade or haze to come off cooldown and 3+ ads are still out. knives are pretty meh.

The normal grenade is actually the hardest AOE hit you have.

Toxic Haze should be used on pretty much every trash pull. It stuns weaks, spreads your dot and does some damage.

Keep both your dots out and spread as best you can if there is time.

Use knives only to spread dots (if haze on CD) or as filler when you waiting for your normal grenade or haze to come off cooldown and 3+ ads are still out. knives are pretty meh.

So it is like other MMOs, you put your dot on the mob with the highest hp and then cast Toxic Haze to spread it to others?

Do others mobs need to be in the green circle range or how does it actually spread? or is it rng? cause I tried it and sometimes I see my dots on other mobs appearing but sometimes not.

its too bad you need to have that ability thing to cast toxic haze, u cant cast it right away. and then you have to be close to the mobs because you cast it around you, you cant target it where to cast.

And knives is really weird cause idk how the targeting really works. I know its a cone in front of you but do you need to actually hit someone with an actuall knive or is the cone-aim sufficient enough!?

8(

Edited by Stormwinds

For MM trash mobs, try something like this:

Without Viral Elements Tactical

1. Corrosive Dart

2. Holotraverse (with Circumvention utility) + Toxic Haze

3. Poison Grenade or Frag Grenade (depends how fast they are dying)

4. Frag Grenade or Poison Grenade (depends which one you used in #3)

5+. Noxious Knives spam til dead (or another Frag Grenade when it comes off 6s CD... if your energy is allows)

With Viral Elements Tactical

1. Corrosive Dart

2. Holotraverse (with Circumvention utility) + Toxic Haze

3. Lethal Strike

4. Poison Grenade, Frag Grenade, or Tactical Overdrive + Lethal Strike

5. See #4

6. Noxious Knives spam til dead (or another Frag Grenade when it comes off 6s CD... if your energy is allows)

So it is like other MMOs, you put your dot on the mob with the highest hp and then cast Toxic Haze to spread it to others?

Basically. Alternately, you can choose a different mob that the other dps are less likely to target, this way you will have more time to apply your spread before it dies.

Do others mobs need to be in the green circle range or how does it actually spread? or is it rng? cause I tried it and sometimes I see my dots on other mobs appearing but sometimes not.

Within the green circle it is spread. I believe it is spread each time Toxic Haze ticks it's damage, so it is possible for a mob to move within and then back out without getting the dot...?

its too bad you need to have that ability thing to cast toxic haze, u cant cast it right away. and then you have to be close to the mobs because you cast it around you, you cant target it where to cast.

The heroic tier utility "Circumvention" grants one TA every time you Holotraverse. IMO, it's one of the best utilities you can choose in most pve situations.

And knives is really weird cause idk how the targeting really works. I know its a cone in front of you but do you need to actually hit someone with an actuall knive or is the cone-aim sufficient enough!?

It's a conal, the actual knives don't have to hit the targets.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller