What do you think make the prices for Armor change so much?

Stormwinds

Found some old pieces of armor in my legacy storage and also had an excel sheet showing me how much I spent on them in 2015.

Was about ~5 Million for the set.

Now I see the set is worth ~70M.

How do prices change so drastically for things that are in the system so long already?

Thing is, its not even that nobody is selling this armor, there are plenty of them in the GTN.

I guess its the inflation of the game and people getting hundreds of millions of credits by now easy.

*shrug*

Found some old pieces of armor in my legacy storage and also had an excel sheet showing me how much I spent on them in 2015.

Was about ~5 Million for the set.

Now I see the set is worth ~70M.

How do prices change so drastically for things that are in the system so long already?

Thing is, its not even that nobody is selling this armor, there are plenty of them in the GTN.

I guess its the inflation of the game and people getting hundreds of millions of credits by now easy.

*shrug*

Credit inflows are still too high relative to sinks, even with all the sinks added in 6.0.

The larger question is whether this is due to an imbalance between inflows and sinks or whether there are exploits and credit farming bots generating excessive credits above credits from basic game-play.

My suspicion (and it's just that) is that there are significant credit farming bots and / or exploits within the game at the moment.

In part the Price increase is due to the fact we get far more then we used to whenever we do activities. The higher level your character is, the more credits are rewarded whenever you finish a quest, PvP match, GSF match, FP, or Operation. This is part of it.

Also keep in mind in every MMO, the longer the game is out the more inflation affects it. The older players will Naturally have more credits because they've already bought much of what they wanted earlier, and are just acquiring more and more as time goes on.

As for the credit sinks, I'm not finding them much of an issue myself. Even without trying to grind out credits I've gotten far more credits in this expansion then in all of the other expansions combine just from playing the game itself. Doing conquests whether from Planetary missions, GSF, or Operations (and I did no EV/KP farmers for the record). The simple fact is that you can easily find ways to make huge amounts of credits now if your looking without having to put in massive amounts of effort into it now.

With that being said. What 5 mil was in say 2.0 could easily be considered 70 mil now based on how easy it is to make at this point in the game.

Keep in mind that the prices you see on the GTN are often the asking price of the unsold units left after the cheaper ones are gone.

There are people who enjoy doing the buy&sell and making credits thing. These merchants will generally try to sell their items for as much as possible. (I used to do that in Guild Wars.)

Then there's people like me who accumulate stuff from drops, rewards, and CM packs who just want to clear out the stuff they don't want to keep.

In the last few days I've been doing just that. I had 1.25 tabs of my (GTN handler's) storage taken up with various items, which I've been putting on the GTN. Since I'm not really in it to make money, I usually just dump the stuff at a cheap price.

A few examples: I sell just about any crystal for around 59k (the default price + a zero). I've often seen these same crystals listed for over 1 million.

I listed a set of armor for 4.5 million while the nearest competitor was listed at 45 mil.

Needless to say, most of my items have sold while the high priced ones are still there**.

If you really want the good prices you need to check the GTN often.

** And yes, I'm well aware that some people will snap up my cheap stuff to resell at a higher price. I don't care. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

supply

demand

inflation

That's the short version. But I think that BioWare is really terrible at implementing credit sinks that people actually want to go for. I mean they could make a vendor that has high luxury goods, non-tradeable that cost 100 million or more. Stuff that anyone can do without but says "I'm filthy rich" and actually add the title "filthy rich" as a reward for an achievement that takes 5 billion credits to get.

Keep in mind that the prices you see on the GTN are often the asking price of the unsold units left after the cheaper ones are gone.

There are people who enjoy doing the buy&sell and making credits thing. These merchants will generally try to sell their items for as much as possible. (I used to do that in Guild Wars.)

Then there's people like me who accumulate stuff from drops, rewards, and CM packs who just want to clear out the stuff they don't want to keep.

In the last few days I've been doing just that. I had 1.25 tabs of my (GTN handler's) storage taken up with various items, which I've been putting on the GTN. Since I'm not really in it to make money, I usually just dump the stuff at a cheap price.

A few examples: I sell just about any crystal for around 59k (the default price + a zero). I've often seen these same crystals listed for over 1 million.

I listed a set of armor for 4.5 million while the nearest competitor was listed at 45 mil.

Needless to say, most of my items have sold while the high priced ones are still there**.

If you really want the good prices you need to check the GTN often.

** And yes, I'm well aware that some people will snap up my cheap stuff to resell at a higher price. I don't care. 🙂

^ this

and the highest level gear that can be bought on gtn is very expensive so ppl are expecting to spend big $$$$ and trying to get as much as they can.

^ this

and the highest level gear that can be bought on gtn is very expensive so ppl are expecting to spend big $$$$ and trying to get as much as they can.

Well, the highest level gear is for impatient people really with too much money to spend. It also takes a LOT to get the 306 schems. It's not like augments where you have green, blue, purple and you're done. It's a lot more steps and lots of mats in the meantime. It's green 268, green 274, blue 278, purple 286, purple 292, gold 300, gold 306.

Edited by Tsillah