The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

do powertech have a point in PVE?

-___-

they are melee dps? *********** sweet. thank you, very good. :)

Kinrath!

Powertech are mostly run up close, light things on fire, punch them in the face, and then rail shot them. Very fun class, but a little difficult to master.

If you have any questions, hit me up as 'Widow' on Kinrath Spider

Powertech, in all specs, is pretty much a mid/short range-melee hybrid.

This is wrong.

My powertech, as it is spec'd and geared right now, is a melee tank. I run yellow con flashpoints as a tank and the healer does DPS half the time.

I don't claim to be the best powertech or whatever, but I can tell you that we're not just a 'viable' tank, but one that, if geared/played properly, can tank anything any other tank can tank.

Those that say otherwise are probably wearing (or modding with) powertech DPS gear instead of powertech tank gear. It's very appealing with all that crit/accuracy, but it's not tank gear.

This is wrong.

My powertech, as it is spec'd and geared right now, is a melee tank. I run yellow con flashpoints as a tank and the healer does DPS half the time.

I don't claim to be the best powertech or whatever, but I can tell you that we're not just a 'viable' tank, but one that, if geared/played properly, can tank anything any other tank can tank.

Those that say otherwise are probably wearing (or modding with) powertech DPS gear instead of powertech tank gear. It's very appealing with all that crit/accuracy, but it's not tank gear.

Pretty sure that person wasn't talking about tank / dps / healing....

They are describing their abilities (they have both range AND melee abilities and use both. Thus range / melee hybrid. Nowhere did they talk about tanking or dpsing.