Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Remove the pvp requirement for Major Pierce >:(

BlackSilverFire

I disagree. PvP is part of the game and since you only have to do the pvp to gain Pierce as a companion on a non warrior I think it is fair that you are willing to be tested in the fires of pvp battle. If the chat seems toxic, it is an easy matter to ignore players or eliminate gen chat entirely. And also I don't agree with the negative characterization of pvp as a toxic waste dump. Edited by MotorCityMan

I disagree. PvP is part of the game and since you only have to do the pvp to gain Pierce as a companion on a non warrior I think it is fair that you are willing to be tested in the fires of pvp battle.

It would be fair enough, if we could simply quit the alliance alert when we can't be bothered to do PVP to get the companion. But as it is, players have to do PVP to get rid of that blinking icon in their menu bar. (And I write this as someone who likes having a companion who gets to lv 50 influence just by doing pvp)

It's almost 5 years old content now, there should be a way to skip alliance alerts, just like 4.0 removed the need to talk to quest giver NPCs to do heroics.

Edited by Mubrak

I ... shouldn't be forced to do pvp in order to get Major Pierce.

Justify.

*Why* should you not be forced to do it?

In true Four Yorksiremen style, I'll point out that I had to do it back in the day, forty miles in the snow uphill both ways, blah blah blah (she makes monsters). Doing *some* PvP was a prerequisite for meeting the right tier of the DvL event to get Master Ranos, so I just continued until I got Pierce. I ignored chat until it was done. Conclusion: I have limited sympathy at best.

I hate the toxic waste dump that is pvp and shouldn't be forced to do pvp in order to get Major Pierce.

Remove the pvp requirement to get Major Pierce, BW, please and thx.

I laugh when people say pvp is toxic, yet whenever I do flashpoint or op runs I see way more toxicity. I've seen people joining SM run ops who are new players (which is what SM is designed for) and an op leader kicks them out because they don't have the achievment for clearing the op. I've seen people get kicked from easy MM FP's because their gear is not 306.

PvE players are way more toxic imo.

It would be fair enough if we could simply quit the alliance alert, when we can't be bothered to do PVP to get the companion. But as it is, players have to do PVP to get rid of that blinking icon in their menu bar. (And I write this as someone who likes having a companion who gets to lv 50 influence just by doing pvp)

It's almost 5 years old content now, there should be a way to skip alliance alerts, just like 4.0 removed the need to talk to quest giver NPCs to do heroics.

I just shrink that bar and make its opacity 0 and shove it in a corner where I can't see it. Not like I actually need that bar for anything. No more annoying blinking icon.

Edited by Raansu

Justify.

*Why* should you not be forced to do it?

In true Four Yorksiremen style, I'll point out that I had to do it back in the day, forty miles in the snow uphill both ways, blah blah blah (she makes monsters). Doing *some* PvP was a prerequisite for meeting the right tier of the DvL event to get Master Ranos, so I just continued until I got Pierce. I ignored chat until it was done. Conclusion: I have limited sympathy at best.

There are two reasons why I think it makes little sense for PVP to be a requirement:

1. Companions cannot be used in warzones. Why are we doing warzones for companions that can't even be used in them? I would also feel the same if operations were required for a companion.

2. We're trying to get Republic and Empire forces to work together. Not every match is Huttball or Odessen training (or whatever it's called). I think now the warzone teams are filled by either side? I could be wrong, I don't pay a lot of attention to pvp stuff. Used to be strict Republic vs. Empire and killing members of one side in support of the other doesn't exactly encourage cooperation.

Ranos required a lot less pvp especially if you have a large number of non-warrior/non-trooper characters. I can grit my teeth and force myself to do a few matches because then I got Ranos for my entire account but I'm not going to do the large amount of matches for the number of characters I currently have (which I know is on me for having as many characters as I do).

In this instance I think it's highly unlikely that BioWare will change anything. Personally, I've just learned to ignore the Alliance Alert that's sitting there and I accept that I'm not going to have Pierce/M1-4X on most of my characters. Life goes on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.