'Horizon's Perfection on Onderon' bugged

Mevan

Update: someone in another thread just posted a solution to this. You have to skip the final checkpoint banner, and go through the back of the finish line, then if you did the requirements you’ll get the achievement. I just tried it, and can confirm! Just ignore the final banner, and go through the back of the finish line instead of crossing normally. Edited by Jasster

• 2 months later...
Update: someone in another thread just posted a solution to this. You have to skip the final checkpoint banner, and go through the back of the finish line, then if you did the requirements you’ll get the achievement. I just tried it, and can confirm! Just ignore the final banner, and go through the back of the finish line instead of crossing normally.

Didn't work for me :( I've been very meticulous with chasing them and stayed within the confines of the requirements. I've seen the bonus timer expire a few times but on the times I did do the complete mission, nada. I tried going around the final banner on all 3 planets (Onderon being a bit more of a hassle with needing to drop down and come around) and nothing. So far, all I have is 2 for the Pit Screamers (Tatooine and Dantooine) and that was without doing the work around. Simply frustrating.

Didn't work for me :( I've been very meticulous with chasing them and stayed within the confines of the requirements. I've seen the bonus timer expire a few times but on the times I did do the complete mission, nada. I tried going around the final banner on all 3 planets (Onderon being a bit more of a hassle with needing to drop down and come around) and nothing. So far, all I have is 2 for the Pit Screamers (Tatooine and Dantooine) and that was without doing the work around. Simply frustrating.

I completely understand the frustration. I hope they fix it soon so we don’t have to attempt workarounds anymore. I can say that I got all the perfection achievements this way over this current event and the previous one, so it can work. The Tatooine ones gave me no trouble with this method, so all I could guess there is that you might not be completing the bonus objectives 100%. It’s definitely possible it just happened to work for me and it’s still glitchy though, because I could not get the Onderon Beks achievement to trigger for many many attempts. If you are doing everything for the perfect objective (getting every orb, explosive, ring, time left, etc.) then I would say just keep trying using this method and I hope it works. If not, it seems like it’s on their radar, so maybe it will be fixed soon!

My experience with that bug:

- Dantooine:

I guess I was lucky and did not get the bug on this planet, all 3 courses worked fine, got Perfection on all 3 courses. And now, whenever I manage to complete the bonus mission below the bonus timer limit, it triggers correctly and gives the rewards.

- Tatooine:

I managed to get 2 Perfection achievements before getting the bug. Since then. no matter what I try or do. the bonus timer refuses to trigger (the bug does not go away on the next day). So I could not get the achievement for the third course (it was Blatant Beks). nor did the bonus timer trigger when I successfully completed the bonus missions below the timer limit for courses I already had the perfection achievement unlocked (as mentioned, I did get the perfection achievements for 2 courses. but after that. whenever I repeated the missions and completed the bonus missions. the bonus timer was bugged for all 3 courses and was not triggering).

Someone mentioned a workarround - to NOT go through the finish line. but rather drive arround it and go through it from the back. This worked for me on Tatooine, got the final achievement. And ever since then, whenever I successfully complete the bonus mission goals, and drive arround the finish line - go through it from the opposite side, the bonus timer triggers correctly and gives the rewards.

Onderon:

Unfortunatelly. the Tatooine workarround does not work for me on Onderon. I did get one Perfection achievement before getting the bug (Pit Screamer. the other two are still bugged for me). and ever since then. the bonus timer is not triggering for me, no matter what I try. for all 3 of the courses - so also for the one I already got the perfection achievement for and regardless if I complete the bonus mission without hitting any obstacles under the timer limit. the bonus time successfully finished mission just will not trigger.

Driving arround and crossing the finish line from the back - does not work.

Restarting the game and doing this mission on the character that logged in first - does not work.

Resetting the mission - does not work.

Abandoning the mission and retaking it - does not work.

Abandoning the mission. doing some other mission on another planet that is not bugged (like any Dantooine missions). then taking this one again - does not work.

Logging off on Onderon with the mission taken, then restarting the game and trying - does not work.

Logging off on Onderon with the mission taken, then restarting the game. abandoning the mission, taking it again and trying - does not work.

Logging off on another planet with the mission taken, then restarting the game. traveling to Onderon and trying - does not work.

Driving between the last checkpoint line (to the left of where it starts) and the finish line (hoping it was the last check point line that was causing the bug) did not work. it just finished the course normally.

Logging off on another planet with the mission taken, then restarting the game. traveling to Onderon. abandoning the mission, taking it again and trying - does not work.

Using speed booster(s) before the finish line - does not work.

Not using speed booster(s) before the finish line - does not work.

Using breaks before the finish line. hoping the game will register the flags - does not work.

Driving to the left side of the finish line - does not work.

Driving to the right side of the finish line - does not work.

Driving through the middle of the finish line - does not work.

I have 16 characters and try this every day. so a lot of tries. none succeeds.

I am not sure when or how I got the bug. I suspect after failing a mission, or abandoning a mission, or driving through checkpoints without missions taken or who knows.

I am out of ideas what else to try. anyone got a working workarround for the Onderon Courses bonus timer trigger bug?

BTW it is not one course that is bugged. if you get the bug. it is for the entire planet. so for all 3 courses. and it seems to be legacy wide.

EDIT: Finally got the Perfection for Blatant Beks on Onderon, after like 30-40 tries.

Did the following:

- Quit the game

- Waited 10 minutes

- Started the game

- Logged into a character that I have not logged in today, that was parked on Tatooine.

- Got the Blatant Beks mission for Onderon.

- Used the fast teleport there to from the mission.

- Started the mission normally, without pressing space to quit the cinematics, and without speeding up to the start line.

- Waited for the start countdown to end and me to start moving before hitting any explosives.

- Kept to the left side on the ramp, so I don't fall off (which is another bug, seems to happen more often if you keep to the right side of the ramp).

- Finished the bonus mission objectives as usual, without hitting any obstacles, and with about 30 seconds on the bonus timer to go before hitting the the finish line, but as mentioned in another thread, instead of driving through the finish line, went arround it. jumped to and across the roof of the starting ramp as shortcut to save time, and crossed the finish line from the back.

- Did NOT use speed booster while driving arround.

- Crossed the finish line in the exact middle.

- Got the green message that the bonus timer acknowledged my timed bonus mission, also got the achievement window pop-up as usual.

Maybe it was just the game randomly acknowledging it. but I am glad it finally worked :)

Edited by AntaresSWTOR
Syntax Errors Correction

• 9 months later...
06.06.2022 - The Horizon's one on Onderon is still bugged. The Bonus Timer Mission still does not work (it does not trigger after having compeleted the race below the time limit and with all requirements fulfilled), thus the Perfection Achievement never triggers either :( Edited by AntaresSWTOR

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bringing this back to the top. This was acknowledged as "reported" back in 2020 (though I do not see it acknowledged as a bug) but it is still happening. I have completed all of the other perfection achievements on all 3 planets... but this one for Horizon's Razors on Onderon will not complete. I get the bonus complete message (have done this on 4 toons 2 days in a row) but no achievement and only 18 tokens (get 20 with a perfect run).

This seems like a LONG time for the same bug to keep popping up

4 hours ago, Relhek said:

Bringing this back to the top. This was acknowledged as "reported" back in 2020

(though I do not see it acknowledged as a bug)

Look closer , as in literally within my post directly above yours lol  ^^  --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/898209-horizons-perfection-on-onderon-bugged/?do=findComment&comment=9724797

*See that  LINK  in my post?

4 hours ago, Relhek said:

This seems like a LONG time for the same bug to keep popping up

i hear you and i feel your pain , but  unfortunately this game also has bugs from over decade ago.

So yeah, 2+ years  isn't that bad, comparitively. :cool:

However, being this is an official  EVENT , it does seem rather  odd  to let it linger  still.

DOH!!! I am sorry to say I missed your post!! ty for chiming in!

i see they acknowledged that all 3 were bugged... but I got the other 2 with no issues. I did not have to trick it by going backwards/wrong side, did not slow down or anything. I just ran the races and hit the bonus targets/rings/orbs and the achievements popped just fine for everything BUT Onderon Horizon's Razors... <SIGH> the OCD part of me twitches at that LOL

Edited by Relhek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Relhek said:

DOH!!! I am sorry to say I missed your post!! ty for chiming in!

No worries   lol  just was sorta funny since  it's literally directly above your new reply. :D

Anyways,  now we just gotta hope/pray  BioSword  DEVS  remember this thread and/or  pop in  to update us on why  it  hasn't ( or can't ) been fixed yet.    /shrug

• 4 months later...

Can confirm the Onderon achievements have been fixed and seem to be working properly now; no gimicky workarounds needed. If you're not getting the achievements you're likely missing one of the objectives.