The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Swoop Race General Bugs

DrakeVenku

I thought that was just a celebratory pyrotechnics effect that fires at the end of each race tbh. We sure that's actually a mine and folks aren't just thinking it is because they sound effect is more or less the same? Encountered the effect many times but it's caused me no issues (no knockbacks, no issues getting the achievement outside the bugged race on Onderon).

It's not just sound effect. It's a mine. The only perfection cheevo I got from Dantooine was when there was no explosion at the goal line. Someone must have popped the mine before me and it hadn't respawned yet, so basically I just got lucky.

I noticed it happens to me when I use the Turbo effect on the Razor swoop just before that jump. As if the turbo is overwriting the jump.

I thought of that at 1st too, but not the case, unfortunately for me it happens more often than not :(

It's not just sound effect. It's a mine. The only perfection cheevo I got from Dantooine was when there was no explosion at the goal line. Someone must have popped the mine before me and it hadn't respawned yet, so basically I just got lucky.

But there's no knockback? Weird. Got all the perfection runs done on Dantooine without any issue from that.

Think the moral of the story is BW should stop pushing buggy, unfinished content :')

On Tatooine, the big jump over the sandcrawler, sometimes you just drive straight getting stuck in the sandcrawler. The jump still gets registered tho if you run as Pit Screamers. Same happens on Onderon on the second big jump, at least not getting stuck there tho.

It happens to me, too, about one time in ten. I reported this during the PTS phase.

I noticed it happens to me when I use the Turbo effect on the Razor swoop just before that jump. As if the turbo is overwriting the jump.

I thought of that at 1st too, but not the case, unfortunately for me it happens more often than not :(

No, I tried 5 times in a row with the Turbo effect (The one from the orbs not the one mapped on the number 1 button) and five times without it and every time I used Turbo I landed on the speeder and when I did not use it I successfully made the jump. It may not be the only factor that can cause this issue but it certainly is one factor that can.

(Trying other abilities on the swoop does the same thing. Just tested it. It appears that the jump function is a built in ability which shares a cooldown with the other abilities that are mapped on your temp bar.)

Edited by Sareeph
Adding more info