Queue Preseason on NA

cflems

Why is that though? It would seem illogical to me under normal circumstances to give yourself more lag than you would have on a NA server?

I played a few hundred matches on DM in s-12 and there are many reasons to play there instead of NA from both a Gameplay and Community perspective.

Gameplay:

- Consistent, mostly quality pops from 10 AM est - 10 PM est

- Sufficient population for ELO to semi-function, there are typically at least two brackets (1350-, 1350+, thereabouts) and 2-3 games going on most of the day, sometimes 4

- High average skill level, beyond their class players are generally knowledgeable about kill order, stun chains, cross guard, out of combat healing, and chase mechanics. In addition to a high average skill level, many of the best solo ranked players in the game play on DM.

- Majority 4 dps games - matter of preference, but these are the most fun. H/T games are only fun for me with team communication in group ranked

Community:

- A much more active and positive streaming community, with multiple players that will draw 50-100 viewers and provide a format for players and participants to banter during and between matches. Furkai is great at this with the Marbles game he runs with his twitch chat, and gives out 100M credit prizes to the winners.

- Vote kick is rare, and used for undergeared players or the occasional thrower/fly hacker as it should be. I personally didn't see anyone get vote kicked vindictively, which was a common occurrence on NA

- Overall more positive community - NA used to have this in previous seasons but nearly all of the positive influencers are gone. Maybe some people enjoy the toxicity, but it will come at the expense of activity.

Overall, DM is a great server and the Ping is something you get used to. With the vibrant and generally positive/skilled community, I've had a lot of fun playing there. Even if SS and SF were combined (which they won't be) the community elements are lacking from these servers and I don't see NA reaching DM activity anytime soon.

Edited by EnzoForMe

I played a few hundred matches on DM in s-12 and there are many reasons to play there instead of NA from both a Gameplay and Community perspective.

Gameplay:

- Sufficient population for ELO to semi-function, there are typically at least two brackets (1350-, 1350+, thereabouts) and 2-3 games going on most of the day, sometimes 4

- High average skill level, beyond their class players are generally knowledgeable about kill order, stun chains, cross guard, out of combat healing, and chase mechanics. In addition to a high average skill level, many of the best solo ranked players in the game play on DM.

- Majority 4 dps games - matter of preference, but these are the most fun. H/T games are only fun for me with team communication in group ranked

Community:

- A much more active and positive streaming community, with multiple players that will draw 50-100 viewers and provide a format for players and participants to banter during and between matches. Furkai is great at this with the Marbles game he runs with his twitch chat, and gives out 100M credit prizes to the winners.

- Vote kick is rare, and used for undergeared players or the occasional thrower/fly hacker as it should be. I personally didn't see anyone get vote kicked vindictively, which was a common occurrence on NA

- Overall more positive community - NA used to have this in previous seasons but nearly all of the positive influencers are gone. Maybe some people enjoy the toxicity, but it will come at the expense of activity.

Overall, DM is a great server and the Ping is something you get used to. With the vibrant and generally positive/skilled community, I've had a lot of fun playing there. Even if SS and SF were combined (which they won't be) the community elements are lacking from these servers and I don't see NA reaching DM activity anytime soon.

So it boils down to a better culture on DM.

Only debatable part. My impression is that the ratio of good players is quite similar, but because DM has a much higher population, there are simply more good players there. And if you're always in the higher bracket games, that will give the impression that the players are generally better. NA games are usually more of a mix just due to lower population in general.

I'm happy to see more and more people openly sharing my opinion on this. There's still a select group of group ranked elitists that insist tank/heals is the only way the game should ever be played, even in solo ranked, and that anyone who prefers anything different is a *******.

Community:

This all makes perfect sense to me. The only "community" on SF is a group of the most toxic people that are in the same guild and often sit in discord together. They abused the vote kick feature for most of the season. and a bunch of them wintraded towards the end of the season. Not to mention several of them are straight up bigots, and the rest happily coexist with them. It's sad that that's the closest thing NA has to a "community" of decent ranked players.

Your rosy description of DM makes me want to finally make/gear a toon over there. We'll see.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

There's still a select group of group ranked elitists that insist tank/heals is the only way the game should ever be played, even in solo ranked, and that anyone who prefers anything different is a *******.

The only "community" on SF are in the same guild and often sit in discord together.

These two go hand in hand.

H/T games without comms devolves into cc the healer swap offguard on their dps. So fun much skill. 4 dps games offer more variety and excitement imo, and I'd say most players on DM would share that sentiment.

DM isn't perfect but I enjoy the matches and the players much more.

Edited by EnzoForMe

These two go hand in hand.

4 dps games offer more variety and excitement imo, and I'd say most players on DM would share that sentiment. H/T games without comms devolves into cc the healer swap offguard on their dps. So fun much skill.

Exactly. 4 dps games are almost always more dynamic, and they also force people to kite/chase and use their dcds intelligently (though I'll admit, when there are too many stealthers, 4 dps matches can also be a huge pain with everyone spread all over the map stealthing/healing/chasing). And they're usually resolved much more decisively. Swapping on guard for 5 minutes straight for more than a few matches gets very dull indeed.

4 dps games offer more variety and excitement imo

+1.

Variety: Every 4 dps game plays out differently, even if it's the same or similar players multiple times, the map and class setups, and even a team's strategy (kill order, positioning) changes a round completely.

Excitement: fast paced, people die generally after their breaker is out. the chasing/healing part can be quite annoying, especially since not only mara can do it, but any class can get some distance and threaten the outfight-healing. But apart from that, 4 dps games often lead to 2v2s or 1v1s, which is generally exciting for the players participating, with the rewarding experience of the better players winning. But it's also exciting for the dead players to watch, since they are often the newer players (focussed first) that can learn new approaches to these 2v2s/1v1s from the usually more veteran players.

DM isn't perfect but I enjoy the matches and the players much more.

Something else worth mentioning though is that DM had some serious problems with hackers/throwers in the middle of the season, I believe before you were back playing regularly, correct me if I'm wrong. It was to the point that they couldn't really play many normal matches for a period of weeks. Several of the most offending players were apparently banned, which cleaned things up considerably.

Another thing that concerns me is if I start playing on DM and really like it, I'll end up contributing, even if it's only in a small way, to the deterioration of SF solo ranked.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Swapping on guard for 5 minutes straight for more than a few matches gets very dull indeed.

Forcebound has contributed largely to 3-round acid games. Not only does forcebound reduce the overall dps of its enemy, but before forcebound pt tanks were common.

Forcebound has contributed largely to 3-round acid games. Not only does forcebound reduce the overall dps of its enemy, but before forcebound pt tanks were common.

I don't know about SS and DM, but pt tanks were not common at all on SF before force bound. In seasons 10 and 11 on SF, 90%+ of the tanks on SF were still juggs. The only difference was that good pt tanks had a chance of being competitive back then, but there were still way fewer of them.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I wasn't gonna say this, since it felt subjective instead of objective, but I personally feel like there is a much larger discrepancy between how Teamwork is viewed on DM compared to NA.

When I would Queue on NA, there was a lot of arguments in /2 (pvp) channel about who wasn't doing enough DPS or healing or anything scoreboard related. Often times, plays that heavily favor the team at the expense of personal stats on the scoreboard were often overlooked and just not recognized. There was a lot more number farming and less strategic knockdowns. There was much less peeling. Cross guard was almost very rarely a thing and specifically only a thing when very specific above average players were in the queue.

Meanwhile, on DM, I literally don't even have to ask for a guard when I'm low, I just receive one. And on top of that, I don't have to click off my team-mates's guard in order to guard them, they will instinctively drop guard so that they can be guarded, when necessary. There have been so many times when a team mate will go out of their way to help you when on NA it would rarely happen. I've been knocked down on Mandalorian battle ring by the enemy and had a Sorc pull me back up specifically at a strategic time, when multiple enemy dps jumped down to chase me. I've had hard stuns and mezzes get cleansed by friendly sorcs/operatives, which is incredibly rare on NA. I'm not talking about healers cleansing, I'm talking DPS players who are cleansing stuns/mezzes, which is insane. The level of cooperation is just miles higher, and you don't even need to ask for these things to happen via typing in /ops chat, it's just expected that people will behave this way. Trying to get people to do these things on NA would be like pulling teeth and would only occur when a specific set of high skilled players on are in, which coincidentally, happen to be the same players who play on DM as well, they will simply queue NA if there is a streamer streaming NA matches, since they have toons on multiple servers.

Overall, I would say this: It's preseason, there's no elo at stake and the queues are popping literally all day at any time on DM. If any of you haven't tried it, now is the best time to do it. Just server xfer over and if you don't like it, move back. The experience is leagues better than what happens on NA and it would be awesome if NA even had a crumb of similarity, because then I could queue with a ping of 20 again instead of 150+, lol.

Gameplay:

Community:

Great info. This settles it. I'm xfering to DM. I'm looking to get into ranked and SF & SS have no pops. Often 30 minute waits times.

The experience is leagues better than what happens on NA and it would be awesome if NA even had a crumb of similarity, because then I could queue with a ping of 20 again instead of 150+, lol.

I wonder why is this? What makes the euro server so much better for ranked? It's exactly the same as NA, right? As far as how it's set up etc. What's your take on this?

I wasn't gonna say this, since it felt subjective instead of objective, but I personally feel like there is a much larger discrepancy between how Teamwork is viewed on DM compared to NA.

I played the most matches on SF this season of anyone. I don't know where you got the whole emphasis on number farming thing. If it was just nikana arguing with people about dps numbers in /pvp chat, that's not really a proper way to judge a whole server lol.

We've discussed this before at some length. I remain extremely skeptical that the difference is that large, especially when I've heard from others that it isn't. But I probably will give DM a try at some point soon, so I'll leave this open ended until my opinion can be based on first hand knowledge.

I wonder why is this? What makes the euro server so much better for ranked? It's exactly the same as NA, right? As far as how it's set up etc. What's your take on this?

probably has something to do with the society they live in, I'm sure ego is part of the equation, couple reasons i can come up with off the bat are of maybe over compensating for something, a combination of, they get lost in their persona for taking as much of the piece of pie left for the little people as possible/or what they deem enough, or they are making up for the fact that the sick full blown capitalist society they are living in is eating them up and spitting them out ie. making them feel like they are useless. also maybe some things that cause division on NA servers are a combination of delusional people thinking they are good enough and aren't or people sometimes have way too high of expectations of what is good enough , just a lot of imbalance, obviously there's still a lot of down to earth people but the closer we are to hell, the less those people exist :)

Edited by TrueEquality

When I would Queue on NA, there was a lot of arguments in /2 (pvp) channel about who wasn't doing enough DPS or healing or anything scoreboard related. Often times, plays that heavily favor the team at the expense of personal stats on the scoreboard were often overlooked and just not recognized. There was a lot more number farming and less strategic knockdowns. There was much less peeling. Cross guard was almost very rarely a thing and specifically only a thing when very specific above average players were in the queue.

Meanwhile, on DM, I literally don't even have to ask for a guard when I'm low, I just receive one. And on top of that, I don't have to click off my team-mates's guard in order to guard them, they will instinctively drop guard so that they can be guarded, when necessary. There have been so many times when a team mate will go out of their way to help you when on NA it would rarely happen. I've been knocked down on Mandalorian battle ring by the enemy and had a Sorc pull me back up specifically at a strategic time, when multiple enemy dps jumped down to chase me. I've had hard stuns and mezzes get cleansed by friendly sorcs/operatives, which is incredibly rare on NA. I'm not talking about healers cleansing, I'm talking DPS players who are cleansing stuns/mezzes, which is insane. The level of cooperation is just miles higher, and you don't even need to ask for these things to happen via typing in /ops chat, it's just expected that people will behave this way. Trying to get people to do these things on NA would be like pulling teeth and would only occur when a specific set of high skilled players on are in, which coincidentally, happen to be the same players who play on DM as well, they will simply queue NA if there is a streamer streaming NA matches, since they have toons on multiple servers.

Overall, I would say this: It's preseason, there's no elo at stake and the queues are popping literally all day at any time on DM. If any of you haven't tried it, now is the best time to do it. Just server xfer over and if you don't like it, move back. The experience is leagues better than what happens on NA and it would be awesome if NA even had a crumb of similarity, because then I could queue with a ping of 20 again instead of 150+, lol.

I know my point of view isn’t a ranked one or probably cared about, but everything you’ve described is exactly the same attitude in regs on NA for a few years now. It seems that terrible attitude in regs has been slowly filtering into ranked in the NA ranked scene.

People don’t care about team work in regs and if you can’t have team work in objective pvp (where it can be more important to achieve a win than actual damage), it’s understandable why they have such a poor attitude towards team work in ranked.

I really hope something can be done to improve it for both parts of the game or ranked in NA will be mostly non existent in the not to distant future and then those left over ranked players will move to DM and bring that same poor attitude there and infect the player culture.

I know people are sick of me posting about some things or sounding like a broken record, but I post because I love the pvp game and I hate to see it die.

And because people don’t see that what happens in lowbies, Mids and regs, does ultimately affect ranked players too.

So when I’ve heard / read statements over the years that regs don’t matter or telling me to shut it when I complain about the state of non ranked pvp. It frustrates and upsets the hell out of me because I know the good players will end up abandoning the game if ranked dies and then pvp is basically dead too.

I wish for once the players from the top to the bottom would unit to try and fix the games pvp culture from within. We know Bioware won’t or don’t care enough to do it. Which means the good players and pvp ambassadors need to step up and try and show how the bad attitudes in pvp are wreaking the game.

And I not even talking about the toxicity. I mean the silly death matching and epeening on the score boards in objective pvp. I’m talking about people refusing to help teach or deriding people who are trying to teach or who are trying to play properly.

There aren’t many well known and respected players left in the game like yourself Kre’a or streamers like Snave. People such as, and “like” yourselves, are the real pvp influencers in this game. It would be awesome to see more streaming on NA by Snave and with a group of you guys showing how to handle objective pvp and handle people objecting to playing properly by reinforcing good communication and strategy in pug groups.

I know Snave did a whole thing last year with his guild on DM 💕, but it’s the NA player base that needs the extra help these a days and anything you guys and your social circle or other good pvpers can do to help influence attitudes would certainly help the pvp part of the game and ultimately the ranked pvp game in the long term.

Anyway, sorry if I sound preachy or nagging or what ever (annoying). Of course what ever you do is always appreciated.

probably has something to do with the society they live in, i'm sure ego is part of the equation, couple reasons i can come up with off the bat are maybe over compensating for something, either they got lost in their persona for taking as much of the little bit of pie left for the little people as possible or they making up for the fact that the sick full capitalist society they are living in is eating them up and spitting them out. also maybe a lot of delusion of people thinking they are good enough and aren't or people sometimes have way too high of expectations of what is good enough, obviously there's still a lot of down to earth people but the closer we are to hell, less of those people exist :)

lmao, how random is this comment :D

I still think though that there is no serious reasons to keep german and french servers on and that for creating better game experience, teaming and making swtor healthier devs must merge all eu servers into one and all na servers into one so we could have one big na server and one big eu server.

Yes that would be the best way, but I think they will never do it. That would ruin the whole idea of having the game, website etc in the 3 languages. They might as well have it all in english then. For US there could be one server, they are located in the same datacenter after all, but that would look silly for them as it would show how small the player base it.

The way it is now it the lowest they can go with the servers to maintain some solid view of the game and the game population. It would be better if it was reduced even more, but they will probably never do it.

It's currently 10:02 PM central standard time. I have been sitting in queue on SF for 20 mins and no pop. Somebody queue please. Is there a place where people can say hey i am going to go sit in queue now please do so also?

Thats about as long as I wait in the GSF que, so what? I dont get you people. You leave for another server, just cause you do not want to sit in que?? You sacrifice lag for pops, which you could have if you all stayed on SF and qued! Thats just silly.

When I que for GSF I do other stuff, I do not just stand on fleet. I even do that but i watch movies in the back ground and wait for pop. I just move every 10 min so I am not afk and kicked from game. Its better to sit in que than to simply give up!

At this point id say that the smart thing to do, if solo rankeds is what you want, to do it on DM. No point to sit in queue for what? 30 minutes sometimes? to wait a pop? No sense to me, at least.

So the way I see it, you guys did this to yourself. Instead of staying loyal to your server you went to DM which killed off the que definitely. If you guys just all agree on playing on SF I think it should be fine. I doubt that there arent 10-12 players to que on SF at prime time.

So the way I see it, you guys did this to yourself. Instead of staying loyal to your server you went to DM which killed off the que definitely. If you guys just all agree on playing on SF I think it should be fine. I doubt that there arent 10-12 players to que on SF at prime time.

Yes, mero, but you cannot control what other people do, only what you do yourself. I've stayed on SF for the past 3 seasons. I've almost certainly sat in queue waiting for pops longer than anyone else in the game over that span, but I would never demand that anyone else do that. That's why I've never even asked for people to queue ranked on fleet like some do.

It's definitely true that if every NA player that wanted to play ranked decided to only queue on SF, we would have a bigger ranked population and many more pops. But how could all the NA players come to that agreement? Shall we hook up to the hive mind? Or do it in the NA swtor player group chat that doesn't exist? And then how would we enforce compliance? I say all this just to underscore how utterly stupid your post was.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

probably has something to do with the society they live in, I'm sure ego is part of the equation, couple reasons i can come up with off the bat are of maybe over compensating for something, a combination of, they get lost in their persona for taking as much of the piece of pie left for the little people as possible/or what they deem enough, or they are making up for the fact that the sick full blown capitalist society they are living in is eating them up and spitting them out ie. making them feel like they are useless. also maybe some things that cause division on NA servers are a combination of delusional people thinking they are good enough and aren't or people sometimes have way too high of expectations of what is good enough , just a lot of imbalance, obviously there's still a lot of down to earth people but the closer we are to hell, the less those people exist :)

I just find it weird that this behavior is only on the NA server. Not that I don't believe it, it's quite possible.

Well, that is sad anyway, whether it's as complicated as a societal reason behind it, or just a matter of an immature crowd happening to stick together and follow one another to a specific server to pollute it I mean play on it.

If it's the toxicity stuff, I chalk it up to my reason more, that being immature players found one another, latched onto to each other, and now like a childish immature blob they roam together and right now, they have plopped on SF.

One bad feature of the internet is the way that works.

It's definitely true that if every NA player that wanted to play ranked decided to only queue on SF, we would have a bigger ranked population and many more pops. But how could all the NA players come to that agreement? Shall we hook up to the hive mind? Or do it in the NA swtor player group chat that doesn't exist? And then how would we enforce compliance? I say all this just to underscore how utterly stupid your post was.

Well maybe its time to do it somehow. I mean if there are really enough people and they just que on DM cause SF has no pops then its very very silly. They must be very persistent about it as they are able to sacrifice the lag and time delay. With such commitment it shouldnt be a problem for them to be persuaded to que on SF.