Can`t play my characters

dwiekopy

Problem is not in client itself but somewhere in new launcher and all stuff that game install or keep in system aside of main game directory - i copied game dir on portable drive from my PC where it not runs - and where it was installed, and this copy runs on 2nd PC - where it was just copied to HDD and started on. And deleting bitraider dir doesnt help to resolve on my main PC. So switching to non-streaming launcher just mitigate problem - broken things stay broken. And u need twice space on HDD to download and unpack with non-streaming launcher. And who can say for how long old launcher will work Edited by SeKaNoBaka

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke too soon. It sort of works for me to delete the bitraider folder - but I have to do it every time I want to play the game. So launching the game takes time since I have to wait for the whole verifying thing every time.

What I've noticed is this:

The first time you log into the game, no problems. If you log out and then try to log back in, you encounter the login bug with the download issue.

If you completely power down your PC and restart, you can then get back into the game, but the issue will repeat if you then log out and try to log in.

Did this twice and worked both times.

Hope this helps

I'm having this issue as well, all my existing characters are "Not Ready" but it will let you make another character. I reinstalled the game but same thing. Deleted Bitraider folder and same thing. I have turned off Bitraider now and the game is re-downloading. If that doesn't work I'll try restarting my PC, but that doesn't make sense to me as a fix.

edit: i was able to play my characters after disabling bitraider and the game downloading again. it took a really long time to download though so just now testing.

Edited by dunkelzaan
solution

I'm having this issue as well, all my existing characters are "Not Ready" but it will let you make another character. I reinstalled the game but same thing. Deleted Bitraider folder and same thing. I have turned off Bitraider now and the game is re-downloading. If that doesn't work I'll try restarting my PC, but that doesn't make sense to me as a fix.

same experience here , but restarting did not help either. Currently re downloading the game without bitraider

I am using 431.60 on PC with GTX 1060 - and have issue (and forced to reinstall with non-bitrader launcher), but no problem with bitrader install on PC with GTX 750 and 440.97. So running older driver with newer videocard not always helps (or u may need to find your own videocard\driver version combination wich will work) - so it just another partially workaround. They must repair launcher

P.S. And what about ATI? Dont think all sh*te in this universe concentrated around Nvidia :D

Edited by SeKaNoBaka

Ah these things usually miss me, but I suppose it's my turn to get the thing that stops you playing.

I downloaded and installed the patch just fine. Then logged into a couple characters and played for a while. Closed the client. I came back a few hours later and all my characters are greyed out and I got the quick play mode message.

I honestly cannot fathom how you can play fine after the patch and then not at all after restarting the client. How does that even happen?

Oh I'm oldskool and still using the bitraider client if that helps the devs. Never had an issue with it before and no, I aint downloading the whole game again because BW borked a patch. This is on them.

FIXED -- error in launcher config file

After experiencing the same issue (characters not available for play after latest update), I've been able to resolve the matter by fixing - of all things - a spelling error in the SWTOR launcher configuration file.

In my case, it had to do with the BitRaider app apparently not handling the update properly due to, as it seems, a simple spelling error in the 'launcher.settings' file. This file is located in the main game directory ('\Program Files (x86)\Star Wars-The Old Republic' for me).

Close the game, then open the launcher.settings file in Notepad. Look for the following line:

, "bitraider_disable": false

and change this to

, "bitraider_disable": "false"

So yes, just add 2 parentheses like in the other lines. After this change, the following happened for me:

- After starting the launcher, the game started to update again, re-downloading some 320 items, including most of the 'Asset' folder (around 25 GB?).

- It reported an error with 66 of the files, and prompted me to press 'Repair'. Which I did.

- Lengthy repair procedure

- I pressed 'Play' again, and was greeted by a server selection screen, followed by the character selection screen with all chars available for play. Tested & worked. Yay!

After experiencing the same issue (characters not available for play after latest update), I've been able to resolve the matter by fixing - of all things - a spelling error in the SWTOR launcher configuration file.

In my case, it had to do with the BitRaider app apparently not handling the update properly due to, as it seems, a simple spelling error in the 'launcher.settings' file. This file is located in the main game directory ('\Program Files (x86)\Star Wars-The Old Republic' for me).

Close the game, then open the launcher.settings file in Notepad. Look for the following line:

and change this to

So yes, just add 2 parentheses like in the other lines. After this change, the following happened for me:

- After starting the launcher, the game started to update again, re-downloading some 320 items, including most of the 'Asset' folder (around 25 GB?).

- It reported an error with 66 of the files, and prompted me to press 'Repair'. Which I did.

- I pressed 'Play' again, and was greeted by a server selection screen, followed by the character selection screen with all chars available for play. Tested & worked. Yay!

Thanks, pal. Trying this out now!

PPL do not do this!!!

U will just switch bitrader client to non-bitrader - all further behavior - repairs and 25Gb DLs are talking about it!

And it seems any string in "bitraider_disable": instead of clean false accepded as true....

And

"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"

changing to

"PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

automatically when "bitraider_disable": set as any letters instead of false - i just tried "aaaa" - and had same effect as with "false"

and change this to

Edited by SeKaNoBaka

Try to delete the bitraider folder inside the swtor install folder, or rename it. Lot of players written, that will help.

cant test it by myself, i deactivated bitraider und downloading the whole game now :rolleyes:

Edited by Aaryn