Imperial Trooper Armor(npc only variant)

As an owner of the collector's edition I run around with my imperial trooper armor and get questions about where I got it. Once people are enlightened to the fact it comes from the collector's edition it makes them a bit disheartened. Currently someone who does not own the collector's edition can either use the makeb assault armor(its trooper armor but doesn't look the same), or use the volatile shock trooper armor(looks like imperial trooper armor but has all these flashing lights on it that ruins it).

I'm guessing the reason this hasn't been added in yet is for the exclusivity of something that was meant to be tied to a locked vendor staying tied to that vendor. I think I found a work around, there is an npc only variant of the armor that exists. Its the same armor set but has a different color pallet for its primary and secondary colors.(see below. I am on the left, the npc is on the right holding the rifle) I applied a white/medium grey dye to try to match the npc.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ysHFkrP

I am the trooper on the left, the one on the right is an npc on the imperial fleet. There are a lot of minor differences that make the set itself different, primary and secondary color positions are different in spots, the chest piece itself has different controls on the center of the chest piece(npc variant has a big red button). Just take a look, this way the collectors edition is still exclusive(technically the same armor set, but it has its differences) and this armor set can be added in for everyone else. Really though something as simple as standard issue armor shouldn't be so exclusive.

Edited by ironkevin

I think the Makeb is close enough.

It's really not though, they are pretty distinguishable even if looking from a good distance, two distinct looks. (makeb version is slimmed down on the shoulders, very different helmet, less noticeable imp symbols, ect.)

Why not just propose a digital-only version of the CE, like the ones you can get for ESO, GW2 or FF14?

There is already a thread on this in the suggestions forum, I wouldn't mind this option either but would rather this post not turn into a paid CE vendor unlock post since we already have one going(and would rather focus on just this set)

Edited by ironkevin

As an owner of the collector's edition I run around with my imperial trooper armor and get questions about where I got it. Once people are enlightened to the fact it comes from the collector's edition it makes them a bit disheartened. Currently someone who does not own the collector's edition can either use the makeb assault armor(its trooper armor but doesn't look the same), or use the volatile shock trooper armor(looks like imperial trooper armor but has all these flashing lights on it that ruins it).

I'm guessing the reason this hasn't been added in yet is for the exclusivity of something that was meant to be tied to a locked vendor staying tied to that vendor. I think I found a work around, there is an npc only variant of the armor that exists. Its the same armor set but has a different color pallet for its primary and secondary colors.(see below. I am on the left, the npc is on the right holding the rifle) I applied a white/medium grey dye to try to match the npc.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ysHFkrP

I am the trooper on the left, the one on the right is an npc on the imperial fleet. There are a lot of minor differences that make the set itself different, primary and secondary color positions are different in spots, the chest piece itself has different controls on the center of the chest piece(npc variant has a big red button). Just take a look, this way the collectors edition is still exclusive(technically the same armor set, but it has its differences) and this armor set can be added in for everyone else. Really though something as simple as standard issue armor shouldn't be so exclusive.

^+1 Signed and Supported. For the 1ST TIME I've seen in about ten years, a [reasonable] proposal that doesn't purely benefit the missed-out at the [utter] expense of the people who already have: COMPROMISE - I'm glad to see someone mature who understands the concept and has some business sense, rather than childish people who just cryingly demand it while expecting entitlement and feigning outrage (for some reason).

The suits are similar, without being virtually identical: this is a reasonable variation that actually looks like a variation and not pretty much a reskin (it's easy enough to tell the difference btwn the 2, or I'd say no go.)

Edited by Willjb

I think the Makeb is close enough. There's value in maintaining exclusivity.

I agree completely with keeping what is already excluse, aside from sub rewards (Idc, have them all and don't use them), as long as it's a FAIR COMPROMISE, since we're looking at shinies that were unlockable by thing we did OUTSIDE this game; it's not fair to like stuff attainable by actually playing this game get a pass like pvp ranked stuff. Bring back the Black-Silver Striated color crystal AND the Black-Blue Striated color crystal ALONG WITH the Black-Purple Striated color crystal: that's the ONLY way I'll agree (other than Nico & Shae companions, who I grant were in the opening cinematic and should go on the CM); it MUST be a PACKAGE DEAL, win-win, or nuh uh no way.

Same with the rest of it, BioWare has to add NEW content along with any old that returns. No: no lazy free pass to whimsically screw over the have's while making money off strip-mining old promotions: nonsense. If BW wants to re-release old sub rewards, like the HK Weapons, for ex: better put out a New HK lightsaber pike, lightsaber/ dualsaber in addition to the old blasters & vibrosword. NO FREE PASSES HERE.

*the only exception I can give with the promotions is the Hutt Holostatue (again, I already have it) as there are only 3 holotrainers total in game, not to mention only 1 holo-vendor like Revan: because this area is starved for variation (*nudge *nudge, we need more variations in this area, BioWare)

Edited by Willjb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I would love to see the many Imperial armors and uniforms that the NPC's wear available for the players. There are so many that are not the CE or Makeb versions so it wouldn't be an issue of the CE owners getting ripped off. Hopefully with the new expansion some of these items will become available, but without an Imperial Trooper Class I feel like they won't bother making them drops, so we should hope for cartel items.

I would love to see the many Imperial armors and uniforms that the NPC's wear available for the players. There are so many that are not the CE or Makeb versions so it wouldn't be an issue of the CE owners getting ripped off. Hopefully with the new expansion some of these items will become available, but without an Imperial Trooper Class I feel like they won't bother making them drops, so we should hope for cartel items.

For a non-zero fraction (probably close to 100%, but I don't feel like digging through the datamined sites to evaluate it) of those NPCs, it isn't *armour*, but armour-coloured and armour-shaped *skin*, so there isn't actually an item to make available.

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, you could upgrade your account to Collector edition. Digital that is. with a abit of cash of course and you have access to the area where the npc that sells this armor. of course it cost alot, I think each piece cost 250k credits or something. but its been awhile so Bioware, might have removed that option.

Not sure it work for FTP account but it should work for a Sub account if like I said if the option still exist.

Edited by Swook

If I remember correctly, you could upgrade your account to Collector edition. Digital that is. with a abit of cash of course and you have access to the area where the npc that sells this armor. of course it cost alot, I think each piece cost 250k credits or something. but its been awhile so Bioware, might have removed that option.

Not sure it work for FTP account but it should work for a Sub account if like I said if the option still exist.

The pay-cash thing is for a *subset* of the CE stuff. The "Digital Upgrade Pack" is still available on the website's store page, but it gives you:

* Flare Gun toy

* Training Droid toy

* Holodancer toy

* Holocam semi-toy

* STAP speeder

* Wristband for access to the VIP lounge on the Fleet

Or you can buy the wristband for a million credits (so accessible to F2P and Preferred players now).

But you don't get access to buy stuff from the Collector's Edition vendor. You can go up to him and stare at him, but you can't buy stuff from him.

Well, unless you find an unused Collector's Edition code and apply it to your account, but that requires a bit of luck (finding a CE box on Amazon, for example) and a bit of trust.