Allow us to learn purple crystal schematics again

jedimasterjac

I understand that - to an extent - some content, and some items, must phase out with time. However, purple crystals are iconic, and it fills me with anxiety to know that they could simply disappear. Right now, we can only gain them from characters who were artificers in 1.0; while unlikely, the possibility of these artificers no longer playing is real, and it would be a shame for such an iconic color and design to leave the game entirely on that chance.

Why not add new ways for us to learn purple schematics?

Frankly, it's disgraceful that the old schematics are unavailable to newer players or anyone who happened not to learn them before the crew skill revamp. Players are literally at the mercy of the ones who have the schematics that got removed. That should be unacceptable from a game design standpoint, though I'm sure many who possess those removed schematics will disagree as they sell their crafted items for absurd prices on the GTN.

But in regard to purple color crystals, as well as magenta and cyan color crystals I believe. Those are now available from the Eternal Championship vendors. Basically you just have to earn some currency from doing the weekly mission, and you can get the crystals. I think they're legacy bound as well.

But in regard to purple color crystals, as well as magenta and cyan color crystals I believe. Those are now available from the Eternal Championship vendors. Basically you just have to earn some currency from doing the weekly mission, and you can get the crystals. I think they're legacy bound as well.

Oh thanks, never touched the EC stuff so I'll have to go check it out.

The base purple is indeed available via the championship, and are BtL.

If you want the Black-Purple, don't want to pay GTN fare, and do not know anyone that can craft them*... you would have to farm the OP's Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict, but as they are mostly RNG from the trash (a couple of specific mobs have a higher % drop rate), you could be revisiting them a lot just for a chance to roll against the others for what you are after.

*If you are on SF, have an imp toon, and the mats...

I can craft the Black-Purple Eviscerating (Crit), Hawkeye (Power), and Indestructible (Endurance). PM me with your discord ID and which/how many you want and we can coordinate an exchange.

Base Materials (each):

4x Cortosis Substrate (G6 white, vendor mat)

4x Primeval Artifact Fragment (G6 green, archaeology)

4x Upari Crystal (G6 green, archaeology)

6x Blue Polychromic Crystal (G6 green, archaeology)

4x Lorrdian Gemstone (G6 blue, treasure hunting)

2x Corusca Gem (G6 purple, treasure hunting)

Crystal schematics should be available from other means as they can't be RE'd any more. Crystals don't grow more powerful, they're completely fixed and at this point mostly cosmetic. And I say this as someone who has the black-purple, cyan, black-red, black-blue, purple, orange ... whichever ones could be RE'd back in the day I forget which ones they were. Well, except the War Hero/Mastery ones as they were obtainable via pvp only and I didn't/don't pvp.

I would not be against them bringing back the schems of any craftables that were discontinued. Some of them are really well designed, but they would need to be difficult to attain to avoid alienating vets that are in possession of them.

Blame the CM. They don't want anything but the basic colors readily available. Sure they toss some decent colors out there for limited access event stuff but schematics for cool crystal colors would be in direct competition with Cartel Market crystals...Not gonna happen.

I love the changes they have made lately, I love Star Wars... I don't mind the CM but I hate anything that is removed from the game which benefits the CM.

I have 4 Purple Crystals from back in the day so I move them around... Yes I want the schematics back in the game. I buy things from the CM but I will never buy a crystal because they have neglected the ingame crystal system on purpose IMO.

Edited by Soljin

I love the changes they have made lately, I love Star Wars... I don't mind the CM but I hate anything that is removed from the game which benefits the CM.

100%. I'm glad to see Eternal Championship offers them; I ran EC for the first time and had a really great experience! But I don't necessarily trust Eternal Championship to always be here, and I still don't see why players shouldn't be able to craft them anymore.

I know nowadays we don't really get the best-looking PvE sets to begin with, but the cycle of removing previous tiers from the game completely with each expansion really bugs me. I have a couple of toons that still hold on to their Rakata/Columi stuff, and their DF/DP gear, but I really, really want them in an accessible way that's not random luck via heroic crate turn-ins (which will inevitably just give me bracers).

Ugh, it's a tangential complain, but please -- just stop removing things!

100%. I'm glad to see Eternal Championship offers them; I ran EC for the first time and had a really great experience! But I don't necessarily trust Eternal Championship to always be here, and I still don't see why players shouldn't be able to craft them anymore.

I know nowadays we don't really get the best-looking PvE sets to begin with, but the cycle of removing previous tiers from the game completely with each expansion really bugs me. I have a couple of toons that still hold on to their Rakata/Columi stuff, and their DF/DP gear, but I really, really want them in an accessible way that's not random luck via heroic crate turn-ins (which will inevitably just give me bracers).

Ugh, it's a tangential complain, but please -- just stop removing things!

I wouldn't worry about EC going away. It's currently required to recruit Bowdar (unless the character is a smuggler).

• 7 months later...

4.0 i believe it was when it became impossible to learn purple crystal schematic by rev-eng. those that drop in ops. By removing this option, we have no other way to learn the purple schematic. On the other hand, Magenta crystals were changed so they now need only normal crafting materials - but magenta always had an actual schematic from which we learned to craft those crystals so theres no problem learning those these days.

However Purple crystal drops from ops which were the only way to learn Purple ever - when trying to rev.eng. them it says: "u cant learn anything" or something like that.

Please add an actual Advanced Purple Schematic into the game, or just let us learn it from the Artifice Trainer.

Just bring back all the old original schematics (have most of them). I mean, it doesn't hurt. (White color crystal I can understand on the CM, but the rest, just bring it back; there are so many other color crystals now that these old schematics are pretty outdated for desire) Edited by Willjb

All the original raid crystals should remain craftable, as it once was: purple, cyan, black-purple, black-orange, black-blue. (white would be nice too, but I understand if that one stays on the CM)

Fairly certain all these colors can be purchased from the PVP vendor in the Combat section of fleet. The vendor is behind a desk.