New Playable Races (Species)

MrParrcheezy

Arkanian Offshoot, Chagrian (but only because they added Nautolans), Kiffar, Devaronian (though considering how different females are to males I wouldn't blame Bioware at all if they didn't even try this one), Iktotchi, Cerean, Bothan, Tholothian, Weequay, and Gotal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weequay!

Come on, everybody loves Hondo Ohnaka and I'm sure many people would love to play as weequays. It would be a dream come true in this game, living through the pirate/smuggler story and looking for the most profitable deals. I'm certain I'm not the only person who shares this opinion. I guess it's not that possible for Weequays to ever be playable but hey... never tell me the ods.

Agreed. They're no less human like than Nautolans so why not?

Arkanian Offshoot, Chagrian (but only because they added Nautolans), Kiffar, Devaronian (though considering how different females are to males I wouldn't blame Bioware at all if they didn't even try this one), Iktotchi, Cerean, Bothan, Tholothian, Weequay, and Gotal.

Oh yes! Iktotchi would be really cool to see ingame. They strike that balance between Human-like and Alien.

Gand can't speak basic and don't even have their mouths visible so how would they kiss?

Am I wrong or Kel Dors and Nautolans do not speak basic but in game they can? For example Gnost Dural?

I dont care about kissing animation :p

Am I wrong or Kel Dors and Nautolans do not speak basic but in game they can? For example Gnost Dural?

I dont care about kissing animation :p

Yes, you are wrong. Because Nautolans and Kel Dor do speak Basic and have been able to for ages in the lore. Look at Master Plo Kloon and Kit Fisto.

But the Gand have never been shown to speak Galactic Basic. Especially because the lore explicitly states they do not have the vocal cords to be able to speak Basic:

"Most Gands did not have appropriate vocal cords or mouth to speak Basic, so they used translators." - Wookieepedia page on Gand Language
Edited by Ylliarus

But the Gand have never been shown to speak Galactic Basic. Especially because the lore explicitly states they do not have the vocal cords to be able to speak Basic:

I wish more people in this thread looked more into the species's lore before making their suggestion.

Yes, you are wrong. Because Nautolans and Kel Dor do speak Basic and have been able to for ages in the lore. Look at Master Plo Kloon and Kit Fisto.

It's even true in in-game lore, more to the point. Some examples that spring to mind:

Nautolans:

* Nik the Whiner

* Ria Deleru

* Thea

* That one whose name I cannot remember in the listening station thing that precedes [sOLO] Nathema Conspiracy.

Kel Dor:

* Gnost-Dural

* OhgodIcannotrememberhisname, a Republic officer who gives a mission on Pub Taris.

Tol Braga also speaks basic so yeah Kel-Dor can definitely speak basic.

As for the Voss, aside from not fitting the lore, their body shape don't fit with our PC's body types as they're taller and thinner than our characters, ie, they're usually as tall as BT3, while being in the BT1 & 2 weight category.

So even discarding the lore, adding Voss would require to rework the way our characters are build so the height and weight would be 2 separate categories instead of 1

Actually, aside from the creepy compound eyes, I really don't see a problem with the Voss being a Playable race also.

OK, so let's say you are a playable Voss. You are much shorter and stockier than normal Voss(1), and nobody on your species's home planet even realises that you are one.

>>> Voss NPC: "You are not Voss."

And the dialogue allows you to claim to Gormaks that you are *not* Voss:

>>> Gormak NPC: Voss like you are corrupt.

>>> Voss Player Character: I am not Voss.

And the conversations with the class story NPCs might be a bit strange.

>>> NPC: you'll have to go to this strange planet we've only just discovered and that nobody knows anything about, called Voss. You'll need a special permit to go there.

>>> Voss Player: (Line he cannot say) Don't worry, that's where my people are from, so I won't need a permit.

And so on.

(1) If not, you must dress like a Voss Commando or like a Voss Mystic, since *none* of the other armour in the game will fit you. Voss are taller than the current playable species and proportionally skinnier.

EDIT: I should probably have mentioned the conversation your Voss agent would not be able to have with Bas-Ton.

>>> Bas-Ton: Blah blah blah about surgery to make him look like a Voss and their epic halitosis.

>>> Voss Player: Hey, watch what you're saying about my people! And why did they do all that surgery and stuff when they could have sent me?

Edited by SteveTheCynic

OK, so let's say you are a playable Voss. You are much shorter and stockier than normal Voss(1), and nobody on your species's home planet even realises that you are one.

>>> NPC: you'll have to go to this strange planet we've only just discovered and that nobody knows anything about, called Voss. You'll need a special permit to go there.

>>> Voss Player: (Line he cannot say) Don't worry, that's where my people are from, so I won't need a permit.

And so on.

(1) If not, you must dress like a Voss Commando or like a Voss Mystic, since *none* of the other armour in the game will fit you. Voss are taller than the current playable species and proportionally skinnier.

EDIT: I should probably have mentioned the conversation your Voss agent would not be able to have with Bas-Ton.

>>> Bas-Ton: Blah blah blah about surgery to make him look like a Voss and their epic halitosis.

>>> Voss Player: Hey, watch what you're saying about my people! And why did they do all that surgery and stuff when they could have sent me?

the size thing isnt lore breaking since what we know about the voss comes from this game and a shorter stockier voss in this game would also be in this game, also seems very similar to what the Mandalorian (an actual canon Star Wars property) did to the Devaronians.

the conversations are on the same level of nonsense as the cathar race created so theres precedent

I think both are worth having more variety in the playable universe

And so on.

I agree with you on everything except for the size argument as BioWare created the Voss and could do whatever they want with them, including giving them different sizes.

• 2 months later...

I personally love when they come out with new character classes and enjoy going through one or more of the story lines again after all this time.

I think Zeltron is likely because they’re so easy... it’s a pink human.

I’d really like to see Devaronian, Kaleesh or Nikto. After Huttbreaker I thought the female Nikto would be a cool look but then so would female Devs or Kal’s too.

I just really hope they drop something cool for the 10th anniversary.

• 1 year later...
i see alot of things being said about criteria about how wookies do not meet them but you choose what you say in printed version and a few words that are spoken in basic can be put into wookie ...... as for cloths and armor well on some companions they are not always looking the way it would look on a human character to tradoshann could solve the issue by giving a playable wookie a apperance section like they do with companions but it might be alot of work just putting in my food for thought !